Why the UFC will never get rid of WMMA or put it on it’s own cards.

A shit fight is a shit fight regardless of gender I agree but let’s not act like a majority of womens fights are not shit. I just rather see them used sparsely even if they have like 2 matches a card on average, rather see 1 relevant WMMA fight a month. I hate it especially on ppv (yes I do buy them)l I will never forget how terrible Pennington vs Tate was on UFC 205 as the ppv opened. Really killed the room and atmosphere. Luckily Romero and weidman followed

Also NBA usually has double headers one big match after the next (on Sundays in Australia) so if warriors nuggets are playing then next is WNBA do you think I will watch it or would I rather have lakers rockets

I wonder where do you see all these wmma matches. I don't mind watching 1 or 2 per cards (which is what they usually do), and they aren't even the worst fight on the card most times.

It's good to have a smoke break from time to time.

IMO, some cards are raised by specific WMMA fights (as opposed to a random MMA fight). I would much rather watch Nunes/Valentina than Joe Blow A vs. Joe Blow B, for example.

Everyone knows that WMMA is never going to be on par with regular MMA in real terms, but I think most fans can curve their expectations for female fights to account for the physical differences between males and females.

The problem is when spots are taken up (or are too high on a card) by WMMA fights that don't measure up, even with said mental curving. That's when I roll my eyes and don't buy the card, or at most go in with some teammates for a card so I'm not paying full price.

Wow, what a nuanced, reasonable opinion. Are you sure you are in the right forum? :)

Why do you guys like to compare a lot males with females? LOL!

If that's the case I'm pretty sure that Amanda Nunes(135 female champion) would knock TJ Dillashaw(135 male champion) tf out.

And Valentina Shevchenko (125 female champion) would whoop Henry Cejudo's(125 male champion) ass out.

LOL!

IMO, some cards are raised by specific WMMA fights (as opposed to a random MMA fight). I would much rather watch Nunes/Valentina than Joe Blow A vs. Joe Blow B, for example.

Everyone knows that WMMA is never going to be on par with regular MMA in real terms, but I think most fans can curve their expectations for female fights to account for the physical differences between males and females.

The problem is when spots are taken up (or are too high on a card) by WMMA fights that don't measure up, even with said mental curving. That's when I roll my eyes and don't buy the card, or at most go in with some teammates for a card so I'm not paying full price.

I could agree with this. The top women are worth watching but once you get past maybe the top 5, the quality falls quite a bit. I agree with the slotting issue, if they’re going to keep it, they shouldn’t be forcing low level women into main cards, especially pay per views where you’re paying a lot of money and part of the product is much lower quality, just feels like a rip off.

If that's the case I'm pretty sure that Amanda Nunes(135 female champion) would knock TJ Dillashaw(135 male champion) tf out.

And Valentina Shevchenko (125 female champion) would whoop Henry Cejudo's(125 male champion) ass out.

LOL!
LOL You're not serious, are you?

They save a lot money paying the female fighters $0.75 on the dollar.

But seriously, they could send all the WMMA fighters to Invicta and say that they're investing in the future of WMMA or some spin like that so the Liberal Media doesn't get upset.

I also don’t understand why WMMA fans are so opposed to putting them on their own cards. I feel like everybody wins, everybody is free to watch what they like. As I said in op, I know why the UFC won’t do it, but I don’t know why the fans are against it. Is it because they wouldn’t actually watch it either? Somebody explain, I’m genuinely curious.

Because it's a dumb as fuck idea.

LOL!

You really think this? Nunes is essentially a brawler, she throws hard but she has very wide punches and isn’t very quick. It just works against lower level fighters. Dillashaw is wayyyy faster and has a much more diverse toolbox and higher skill in each facet of mma.

Cejudo would annhilate Shevchenko. Way better wrestling and is much quicker and better striking.

Neither of the champions would even be UFC level if they were men. That’s just the truth.

LOL You're not serious, are you?

I'm very serious.

I saw how 135 pound male champion got knock out by Henry Cejudo small ass in 30 seconds.

Amanda Nunes would kill him.

You really think this? Nunes is essentially a brawler, she throws hard but she has very wide punches and isn’t very quick. It just works against lower level fighters. Dillashaw is wayyyy faster and has a much more diverse toolbox and higher skill in each facet of mma.

Cejudo would annhilate Shevchenko. Way better wrestling and is much quicker and better striking.

Neither of the champions would even be UFC level if they were men. That’s just the truth.

Pretty sure that guy was trolling or being sarcastic.

I'm very serious.

I saw how 135 pound male champion got knock out by Henry Cejudo small ass in 30 seconds.

Amanda Nunes would kill him.
LOL Okay...
I suppose if Dillashaw just stood there and let her punch him, you may be right. That seems unlikely.

There are good fights in wmma just like there are bad fights for the men. Of course, there is way less depth in wmma divisions.
However, let's not act like half plus of the men's fights on a card aren't usually utterly forgettable fillers as well, when not outright garbage. If a fight is trash I fastforward, if it's not I'll watch it, regardless if it's men or women.

TJ Dillashaw likes to exchange a lot, he thinks that he has so much power. If he would try to exchange punches with Nunes, I'm 100% sure that Amanda Nunes would knock him tf out.

And Henry Cejudos weakess punches would not do anything to Shevchenko, she's not TJ. hahaha

Back