Why the UFC will never get rid of WMMA or put it on it’s own cards.

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know many here are not in Women’s mma and it’s been suggested that they put it on it’s on cards so those that enjoy it can watch it and those that don’t, don’t have to. It seems like a good idea, but for the UFC it makes no sense.

The UFC originally brought in women because they saw star potential in Ronda Rousey. They were right. She was a big seller and she alone is responsible for women being in the UFC.

Fast forward to today, Rousey is gone and very unlikely to return. The UFC has already dug in with women and it would be an awful PR move to just get rid of it. You can imagine the shit storm.

So what do they do? They just use them to pad out cards. They know separating the product would be disasterous because it wouldn’t sell. So they just wedge them into fight night cards.

Tldr; Women are here to stay. They won’t seperate them because it wouldn’t sell and they won’t get rid of it because it would be PR nightmare. So they will continue to put them on nearly every card to fill out their busy schedule. Sorry sherdoggers, it looks like the boredom will continue for the foreseeable future.

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

Jennifer-Maia-landed-a-FK-to-the-face-of-Roxanne-Modafferi-.gif

They need to transfer the whole roster to Invicta and let this die slowly like the WNBA....

No joking, serious question: will they allow handicapped fights in the future?

If I could bottle the shit that clowns in here write about wmma I’d be rich. Just another thread going to be full of cures for insomnia.

giphy.gif

Showing a gif of possibly the worst ever wmma in the UFC and an Invicta clip are just topping in the cake. Blah blah blah.

I just don’t understand why fight fans are the ones that need to accept watching both sexes in combat sports. I don’t see fans of the NBA being forced to watch WNBA or other sports like women’s football. Look if there was a girl like Ann Wolfe or Cyborg competing sign me the fuck up I will watch it. But that’s a special attraction only. Seriously I ain’t interested in All these others girls. I am sorry I just don’t give a shit about their fighting prowess. Anyway in 10 years time transgender representation in sports will come to full fruition and all female competing in sports will be dominated by male to female athletes anyway

I've grown to treat WMMA fights as a dump break. Fitting.

It's gonna be in the UFC forever.

dana-white-money-e1391096326933.jpg

The big tennis tournaments (Winbledon, French, US and Aussie) have women and men together, the Olympics, track and field too and hardly anyone cares.
If the insecure dick heads here who are bothered by it were right the UFC wouldn't have any WMMA, the UFC is a business and Dana only added it because it increased profit. the whiny bitches here don't vote with their wallet, if you don't like WMMA don't buy PPVs with it on (instead of retending you wnet for a smoke) and tell the UFC that's why you did it and if there are enough people complaining they'll drop it.

It's incredibly rare that the WMMA fight(s) on a card are the worst fight on a card, especially if there are 2 fat HWs fighting. UFC 226 only had 1 WMMA fight on the card, it was a fuck of a lot better than Lewis vs Ngannou.

I'm pretty sure Nate Quarry Vs Kalib Starnes wasn't a WMMA fight.

Showing a gif of possibly the worst ever wmma in the UFC and an Invicta clip are just topping in the cake. Blah blah blah.

The invicta clip is between two current UFC fighters shortly before their debut. I tried to find some more but most women’s fights are so bad and void of highlights nobody bothers to make gifs.

Women's MMA is like putting a restaurant putting heaps of vegetables in beef stew

It stretches out the product and makes things cheaper

Just like for a restaurant, having a stew of just high quality beef and nothing else is way way more expensive than having a stew with some beef and a heap of vegetables

IT's padding

That is what Women's MMA is, helps pad cards.

I don’t see fans of the NBA being forced to watch WNBA or other sports like women’s football.

Great comparison, it's exactly the same thing. Slotting a 2 hour long basketball match into a 2 hour long basketball match would be exactly the same as slotting a 15 minute fight it a 6 hour long fight card.

There are as many shit mens fights as there are shit womens ones well probably more as the majority of the fighters are still men.

Great comparison, it's exactly the same thing. Slotting a 2 hour long basketball match into a 2 hour long basketball match would be exactly the same as slotting a 15 minute fight it a 6 hour long fight card.

There are as many shit mens fights as there are shit womens ones well probably more as the majority of the fighters are still men.
A shit fight is a shit fight regardless of gender I agree but let’s not act like a majority of womens fights are not shit. I just rather see them used sparsely even if they have like 2 matches a card on average, rather see 1 relevant WMMA fight a month. I hate it especially on ppv (yes I do buy them)l I will never forget how terrible Pennington vs Tate was on UFC 205 as the ppv opened. Really killed the room and atmosphere. Luckily Romero and weidman followed

Also NBA usually has double headers one big match after the next (on Sundays in Australia) so if warriors nuggets are playing then next is WNBA do you think I will watch it or would I rather have lakers rockets

The big tennis tournaments (Winbledon, French, US and Aussie) have women and men together, the Olympics, track and field too and hardly anyone cares.
If the insecure dick heads here who are bothered by it were right the UFC wouldn't have any WMMA, the UFC is a business and Dana only added it because it increased profit. the whiny bitches here don't vote with their wallet, if you don't like WMMA don't buy PPVs with it on (instead of retending you wnet for a smoke) and tell the UFC that's why you did it and if there are enough people complaining they'll drop it.

It's incredibly rare that the WMMA fight(s) on a card are the worst fight on a card, especially if there are 2 fat HWs fighting. UFC 226 only had 1 WMMA fight on the card, it was a fuck of a lot better than Lewis vs Ngannou.

Tennis tournament have different fields for different games, like if i Watch field 1 i can see Federer Nadal Djokovic nishikori ecc, if i go on field 7 i can see Serena Williams, But that's MY CHOICE.
Olympics Is every 4 Years, i think no One would complain if 1 card every 4 years Is filled with TOP women fights.
Sorry for bad english bro.

the whiny bitches here don't vote with their wallet, if you don't like WMMA don't buy PPVs with it on (instead of retending you wnet for a smoke) and tell the UFC that's why you did it and if there are enough people complaining they'll drop it.

Problem is, it’s on every card. And they often have good fights around them, so what are we supposed to do? Not watch any of the fights until they remove it? That’s ridiculous.

I’d disagree it isn’t often the worst fight.
FN Lewis vs. Dos Santos: Worst fight was Kunitskaya vs. Reneau
FN Blachowicz vs. Santos: Worst fight was Carmiuche vs. Pudilova
FN Ngannou vs. Velasquez: Worst fight was Lee vs Evans-Smith
That’s 3/4 most recent events where the Worst fight was a women’s fight.

Sure there are bad men’s fights, but the women are far more consistent in delivering amateur level snoozefests.

i guarantee the ufc would profit more if wmma was gone. But hey they got execs and people who crunch the numbers so who knows.

i guarantee the ufc would profit more if wmma was gone. But hey they got execs and people who crunch the numbers so who knows.
You should replace Dana White as president of UFC.

I also don’t understand why WMMA fans are so opposed to putting them on their own cards. I feel like everybody wins, everybody is free to watch what they like. As I said in op, I know why the UFC won’t do it, but I don’t know why the fans are against it. Is it because they wouldn’t actually watch it either? Somebody explain, I’m genuinely curious.

I know many here are not in Women’s mma and it’s been suggested that they put it on it’s on cards so those that enjoy it can watch it and those that don’t, don’t have to. It seems like a good idea, but for the UFC it makes no sense.

The UFC originally brought in women because they saw star potential in Ronda Rousey. They were right. She was a big seller and she alone is responsible for women being in the UFC.

Fast forward to today, Rousey is gone and very unlikely to return. The UFC has already dug in with women and it would be an awful PR move to just get rid of it. You can imagine the shit storm.

So what do they do? They just use them to pad out cards. They know separating the product would be disasterous because it wouldn’t sell. So they just wedge them into fight night cards.

Tldr; Women are here to stay. They won’t seperate them because it wouldn’t sell and they won’t get rid of it because it would be PR nightmare. So they will continue to put them on nearly every card to fill out their busy schedule. Sorry sherdoggers, it looks like the boredom will continue for the foreseeable future.

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

Jennifer-Maia-landed-a-FK-to-the-face-of-Roxanne-Modafferi-.gif

I can't wait until they have to deal with the transexual issue.

IMO, some cards are raised by specific WMMA fights (as opposed to a random MMA fight). I would much rather watch Nunes/Valentina than Joe Blow A vs. Joe Blow B, for example.

Everyone knows that WMMA is never going to be on par with regular MMA in real terms, but I think most fans can curve their expectations for female fights to account for the physical differences between males and females.

The problem is when spots are taken up (or are too high on a card) by WMMA fights that don't measure up, even with said mental curving. That's when I roll my eyes and don't buy the card, or at most go in with some teammates for a card so I'm not paying full price.

Back