Why the hell is Bisping fighting an unranked Cung Le?

Rankings don't matter

This, but I'd add that Cung beat Franklin ages ago by brutal KO and Bisping just lost convincingly to Kennedy. Seems like they are both in limbo a bit, what's wrong with a fight to see who remains close to the top of the division?

because bisping just lost to kennedy.. and is he unranked bc of inactivity??

I imagine he would be paid pretty well too.
Headlining a fight in Macau

If bisping wins he can be 1 fight away from a title fight... And if he loses we get a highlight reel KO(hopefully ;D)

Cung Le is the biggest name that Bisping even has a chance at beating. He's getting older and neither he nor Cung are really ever going to get a title shot so why not get a nice pay day?

Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Lyoto Machida
4 Jacare Souza
5 Luke Rockhold
6 Tim Kennedy
7 Mark Munoz
8 Michael Bisping
9 Francis Carmont
10 Costas Philippou
11 Gegard Mousasi
12 Yoel Romero
13 Tim Boetsch
14 Thales Leites
15 Brad Tavares

So many better options for him and he's fighting Cung Le? This seems like the UFC just giving him an easy win because he's one of the more famous fighters. Wish Bisping would have turned the fight down.

Kennedy was not Top 10 when Bisping fought him (I don't count UFC-Only rankings)

I like cung's fighting style, hope he can rock bisping and get the finish.

Neither guy is going anywhere in the division so hey, have all the fun fights you want.

Cung Le is far from an easy fight, really looking forward to this.

Easy win? Learn something about fighting because Cung Le isn't an easy fight for anyone.

..but...but...that would mean actually spending time learning about the sport rather than believing all knowledge can be taken from a handful of stats.

Finally someone to make Bisping look like a KO artist.

Cung Le is unranked because of inactivity (or at least that's what I believe) I consider him to be a bigger fight than say Brad Tavares

This, especially in that region and the danger of a KO is there as well so should be interesting.

Cung is a superhero and Bisping is a supervillain. Rankings mean nothing in this fight.

He deserves no higher. Hope Le breaks that jaw with some spinning shit.

Not interested in rankings..This is UFC man...It never has been.

More into interesting fights that will make a little money.

Not to mention Bisping is nowhere close to being a contender..Makes sense to me

More like Cuing is getting a ranked opponent after beating Franklin.

Back