Why the hell does Jones always fight in Toronto?

No need for the stupid comment. Toronto is one of the best cities in the World. It is the most diverse city, a very clean and vibrant big city with a lot to offer. No place i would rather be for 7-8 months a year. Dana was right when he said he would live in Toronto year round if the Winter was not so brutal.

Toronto winters are not brutal, at all.

Didn't know they have Klan members in Canada :icon_lol:.

The Klan had a fair amount of power throughout Canada, especially in Saskatchewan, in the early 20th century, specifically the 20s. They had tons of influence in Saskatchewan during the 1920s.

This past winter was brutal. Most cold we had in 21 years.

That's fair, actually. Out west we had a relatively mild winter, but you guys had a pretty shit time this year. Normally Southern Ontario winters aren't that bad at all.

That's fair, actually. Out west we had a relatively mild winter, but you guys had a pretty shit time this year. Normally Southern Ontario winters aren't that bad at all.

Compared to how crazy cold it gets in places like Alberta, Southern Ontario does seem like Florida (lol). I have some family friends living in Western Canada and they have told me how shitty the weather is in the Winter months (regularly 30 below, etc.). I guess i should not complain that much about the weather then (lol).

Compared to how crazy cold it gets in places like Alberta, Southern Ontario does seem like Florida (lol). I have some family friends living in Western Canada and they have told me how shitty the weather is in the Winter months (regularly 30 below, etc.). I guess i should not complain that much about the weather then (lol).

Manitoba and Sask have it worse than Alberta (well, Edmonton has similar winters to Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg, but Calgary gets chinooks which give me headaches, but offer some relief in terms of temperature).

The Klan had a fair amount of power throughout Canada, especially in Saskatchewan, in the early 20th century, specifically the 20s. They had tons of influence in Saskatchewan during the 1920s.

I take it you mean the Klan in Toronto is a thing of the past now?

Toronto winters are not brutal, at all.

Maybe not, but the summers in Toronto (if there's a heat wave) can be horrible. I've always thought the summers in TO are over rated.
The humidity is a killer, feels like Tokyo or Chicago in the heat.
Out West, it's mild summers with fresh dry rocky mountain air, great climate to live and be outside.

If Jones keeps fighting in Toronto, he might be the next adopted star there, just like Hulk Hogan, who was huge there because of Maple Leaf Wrestling.

I take it you mean the Klan in Toronto is a thing of the past now?

Go to Brampton lol, that'll give you the answer on whether the klan has any chance in TO and the rest of the greater Metropolitan areas.

The fans in Toronto are much more forgiving of eye-pokes.

Go to Brampton lol, that'll give you the answer on whether the klan has any chance in TO and the rest of the greater Metropolitan areas.

I did a search for "Brampton demographics," and this was one of the first pictures I found:

IndiaMissionJan2013.jpg

I did a little more reading, and it turned out about 33% of the population is Indian (from India).

I suppose the Klan members don't get along very well with Indians :icon_lol:.

maybe they'll start falsely promoting him as Canadian in hoping of reaching that coveted GSP audience.

It's not unprecedented...i mean, they promote Cain as Mexican.

Toronto is one annoying, ugly city, but UFC has a solid market here.

Toronto's not ugly at all. There are dozens of new high rises, and it's extraordinarily clean for a city its size.

I used to live in Port Arthur, Texas. That's a fucking ugly city.

maybe they'll start falsely promoting him as Canadian in hoping of reaching that coveted GSP audience.

It's not unprecedented...i mean, they promote Cain as Mexican.

LOL, you must be trolling or you don't understand the difference.

Cain is of Mexican descent.

I might be acting a little spoiled here, but I would really prefer not to have another Jones fight headline a Toronto card. We already got Jones/Machida, Jones/Belfort, and Jones/Gus. Give us something different!

Toronto's not ugly at all. There are dozens of new high rises, and it's extraordinarily clean for a city its size.

Right on. Toronto is nice.
Thats from my Balcony from Liberty Village in Toronto.
Ugly? NO.

canadian white girls are pretty hot.

Liberty village is filled with 20-30 yr old young professional white chicks. Its like being in a college but none of your dumb school drama. I love how our economy is decent during these times.

You'd love it here man. Every girl here has her own condo lol .Yoga pants from all the yoga doers, dresses from all the fashion chicks.

Its known as a hipster/yuppie/hippie area.
75 % of the girls here are white chicks.
I love me my blondes with green eyes.

I did a search for "Brampton demographics," and this was one of the first pictures I found:

IndiaMissionJan2013.jpg

I did a little more reading, and it turned out about 33% of the population is Indian (from India).

I suppose the Klan members don't get along very well with Indians :icon_lol:.

Some areas of Brampton- it seems like 70% of the population is Indian (LOL). I have no complaints-my parents are from India, but moved to Toronto in 1981. I was born and raised in Toronto, never been to India, but have no reason to, since Toronto has many areas that are predominantly Indian (LOL).

Last edited:

Absolutely- not to disrespect some other cities in North America, but there are a lot of ugly cities, especially in the United States (Southern US, Northeastern US, etc). Toronto is not one of them.
Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America behind Mexico City, New York and LA. It is a world class city with one of the most diverse populations in the world. It is like a smaller, cleaner New York City.

I am glad Jones is fighting here, because we deserve stars and stacked UFC cards. Let other places get the watered down cards headlined by Mighty Mouse Johnson, etc. Jones also likes fighting in Toronto because it is an one hour flight from New York and pretty much close to home.

Last edited:
Still waiting for your point...

Jones has no connection to Toronto and if you think Toronto is close to NYC, it's not.

Well, Jones was born in Rochester New York, which is right across from Toronto over Lake Ontario. Sooo yeah there's a connection.

Back