Why the hell did Jacare abandon those body shots/stopped using his lead hand ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ferrari, Apr 27, 2019.

1. ferrari

ferrari Banned Banned

Was it because of the nasty uppercuts he ate in the beginning of the fourth that made him hesitant again or what was the hell was the reason for that ? He was having great success when he was using body shots and his lead hand to set up his big right hand once he stopped doing that he was getting literally lit up. He seemed unmotivated altogether and fustrated since the beginning and got outgrappled and outstruck . I even told my brother that Jacare may have an mental block.
    Great win and performance for Jack though he did something neither Romero or Gastelum could do which is beat Jacare without controversy (I though Jacare won both those fights) He outgrappled him and was too fast for Jacare also he put that King Colby pressure on him.
    He deserves a big fight more than Borrachinha does now i think him vs Romero should be next.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Gangsters_Paradise likes this.
  2. krisking84

krisking84 Yellow Belt

My answer would be 400 total strikes thrown from Hermansson, that kind of game really drains you more and more. Eventually you cant execute your gameplan anymore.

ChumpyKiwi likes this.
  3. reciprocate

reciprocate Blue Belt

Seemed like a lackluster performance. He was finding good success with the bodyshots too, seemed like he was starving for water in between rounds at his corner so he might've gassed out early, that's why his offense was very limited in volume even when he was finding success.

4. spilotes

spilotes Purple Belt

As I said in another thread, he choked harder than mike perry in a rubber band.

5. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Brown Belt

You have to imagine his mental state throughout as well. Losing the first 2 rounds getting taken down and out-grappled.

6. ferrari

ferrari Banned Banned

Yeah imagine getting outgrappled by a Sweed(Jack is a great grappler but in accomplishments and possibly in Jacare's mind he was no where near him) when you are universally viewed as top 3 best BJJ practicioners in MMA .
    Jack looked goof though . He was too fast for Jacare.

ChumpyKiwi likes this.
  7. Gangsters_Paradise

Gangsters_Paradise Gangster Belt Double Yellow Card

The body shots were working but I think he got caught up head hunting when they were slugging it out. It's too bad because I could see Hermanson breaking down everytime Jacare landed some solid body blows