Why The Hate For Fox Sports 1?

apostle**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of complaints that TUF is on Fox Sports 1 and just overrall disgust with the channel on Sherdog. I can't see why. I personally think its great. We finally have a channel that is treating MMA and boxing for that matter as the legitimate sports they are. I've never gotten so much UFC on one channel. The fact that actual MMA fighters (like Sonnen and Florian) are doing commentary with other sports analysts about other sports and that these type of athletes are brought into the fold with the rest of the sports analysts I thought was a positive thing. Too long ESPN and other networks have treated MMA in particular as some underground phenomenon and refused to recognize how fast and how big its gotten and that these athletes are every bit as relevant as the NFL or NBA.

Who doesn't like FS1? I haven't seen any of which you speak.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints that TUF is on Fox Sports 1 and just overrall disgust with the channel on Sherdog. I can't see why. I personally think its great. We finally have a channel that is treating MMA and boxing for that matter as the legitimate sports they are. I've never gotten so much UFC on one channel. The fact that actual MMA fighters (like Sonnen and Florian) are doing commentary with other sports analysts about other sports and that these type of athletes are brought into the fold with the rest of the sports analysts I thought was a positive thing. Too long ESPN and other networks have treated MMA in particular as some underground phenomenon and refused to recognize how fast and how big its gotten and that these athletes are every bit as relevant as the NFL or NBA.

This is really, really important for both the short term and long term sucess that people overlook or dont even have the capacity to think about. Everything UFC is promoted more now during NFL, MLB broadcasts, etc. Just becasue they are trying to build the channel up. Anytime during their Sportscenter type show whether they just got done talking about Football, b-ball theyll do a news item about a UFC new match-up or even injury. Not just put it on the crawler at bottom of the screen. Stuff like that really matter and is a huge step-up.

I do understand complaints about not having it. But some cry becaue they aren't sports fans in genral, they just like to or have to cry, they have the channel but are easily confused by something swicthing channels, lazy & mad they have to remember a new channel and other ridculous reasons.

1275905143_raging-midget.gif

Well i have direct tv and used to get all the fuel fights and rub it in oyther peoples faces but now all i dont get any of it. Other than that, happy the sport is hitting mainstream. They advertize TUF and PPVs in commercial breaks for the NFL, which is a huge block of the target audience.

I like FS1.

The other channel that is rad is AXS/HDnet. I don't get it anymore because I moved and the cable company where I live now (Comcast) doesn't carry it, but they are rad, show tons of MMA and kickboxing.

I also think it is pretty rad that Spike is going to start showing Glory kickboxing

Well i have direct tv and used to get all the fuel fights and rub it in oyther peoples faces but now all i dont get any of it. Other than that, happy the sport is hitting mainstream. They advertize TUF and PPVs in commercial breaks for the NFL, which is a huge block of the target audience.

Direct tv has FS1 and FS2.

FS1 has crispy HD for the fights. I've tried to watch their FS1 Live show, which is like Sportscenter, wow it is horrible.

FS1 has crispy HD for the fights. I've tried to watch their FS1 Live show, which is like Sportscenter, wow it is horrible.

See I thought it pretty decent. I can't stand ESPN. Other than combat sports, the only sport I watch if NFL so its always been either NFL Network or nothing. I like that they have Chael as an analyst for more than just MMA. Like I said, the channel seems to be treating MMA and its athletes like the legitimate professional athletes they are.

I like FS1.

The other channel that is rad is AXS/HDnet. I don't get it anymore because I moved and the cable company where I live now (Comcast) doesn't carry it, but they are rad, show tons of MMA and kickboxing.

I also think it is pretty rad that Spike is going to start showing Glory kickboxing

Rad? i have not heard somebody use that word in 20 years....now that is radical

i liked fuel more but fs1 is good too besides the nascar

Direct tv has FS1 and FS2.

So does Dish, but I do not get them with the basic package, like I used to.
I am not going to pay more just to get FS1&2, that is what I believe the previous poster is unhappy about.

Agreed....but I'm willing to give it time. Sportscenter is so much TMZ with a sports focus that I'd do anything to not have to watch it to get my sports info. I even tried the show that was on NBCSports channel for about 2 months. That was even worse than FS1. Plus, it's a new show so it takes time to gel. Sportscenter wasn't what it was in its heyday when it started.

See I thought it pretty decent. I can't stand ESPN. Other than combat sports, the only sport I watch if NFL so its always been either NFL Network or nothing. I like that they have Chael as an analyst for more than just MMA. Like I said, the channel seems to be treating MMA and its athletes like the legitimate professional athletes they are.

This is a good point and I certainly find it interesting as well, although Chael may want to leave the Rihanna jokes for someone else.

So does Dish, but I do not get them with the basic package, like I used to.
I am not going to pay more just to get FS1&2, that is what I believe the previous poster is unhappy about.

Sorry that you're cheap. What was the sports pack? Like $6/month?

They took Speed channel and made it better... all the Speed reality bullshit is gone and MMA has taken much of its place. Only misstep I have seen from FS1 was a press release about them showing the WEC race from COTA then pulling out of it for whatever reason. Still a drastic improvement over what Speed was, now if only they could get rid of the NASCRAP.

This is a good point and I certainly find it interesting as well, although Chael may want to leave the Rihanna jokes for someone else.

Yeah mainstream sports media doesn't let jokes like that fly for the most part. I think its awesome though he sounds every bit as intelligent with his analysis of other sports that he can dialogue with the other mainstream analysts and its now awkward.

Everytime I put on FS1 they're not talking mma. I was under the impression that FS2 is for that which I don't have and therefore I'm not a fan.

Yeah mainstream sports media doesn't let jokes like that fly for the most part. I think its awesome though he sounds every bit as intelligent with his analysis of other sports that he can dialogue with the other mainstream analysts and its now awkward.

I still feel a lot of unease or unsteadiness on the network, but not anymore from Chael than I do from others. I truly do think that it takes any show time to hit its stride. It takes time for the people on the show to feel comfortable with others and really play off each other, similar to what happened when SportsCenter was in its prime. I've heard some people say "who are these people on FS1, they are mostly nobodies" but it's not like anybody on SC was a name when they started on ESPN. At least on FS1 some of the people would actually be somebody you would know without the network (unlke most of the ESPN talent).

Back