Why study martial arts in the USA for self defense?

Because its awesome.
Shooting a gun is not awesome unless your some quick draw super shooter.

I don't care about what women think, there is something great about knowing you know how to,damage a person who might cause you harm.
Not that you would ever do it, but it is a weapon you carry in your mind and always have on you.

Rex Kwon Do is more lethal than any firearm.

This is like asking "Why would you learn to swim when there boats?"

Is it better to have a gun and MA training
or
just to have a gun
???

I don't get the whole one or the other binary bs people buy into today.

I wouldn't be comfortable fighting somebody if I had a gun on me. They could always grab it, or grab/hold the holster to control you, or it could fall out or who knows? I wouldn't want to try it though.

Self defence martial arts always seem to get abit LARPy.

The cost in terms of $, hours invested and time till its effective is crazy high when you think about it.

On paper something like boxing + old school judo + the fence + some serious S&C is about as effective as your going to get.

If someones truely bothered about self defense 'cause they live in a horrible area or a 3rd world country most of the local "perps" are going to have knifes and gangs so avoidance is going to be >>>>> anything else.

If your in a reasonable area self defense is a minor minor issue unless you want to backup the trash you talk in bars. Ultimately though even if its prettymuch a waste of time for alot of people in terms of defending the self, if they take away alot of positives like confidence its prob worthwhile.

For the times when you aren't carrying your piece.

I prefer Glockjitsu, but some areas, I can't bring in my gun, w/o losing my CHL.

For example, schools, businesses that make over 50% profit in alcohol, some churches, some sporting events, concerts, work, etc.

It is handy to be able to defend yourself in these situations.

..?

Back