Why Spironolactone?

CatchnShoot

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't know if this really was what she failed on, but IF this is the case, here's a few things for y'all to mull over.

IF you wanted to take a diuretic as a masking agent, you wouldn't pick Spironolactone since it's urine diluting properties are quite week relative to other readily available agents.

WIthout having access to her chart, (A full picture of Cyborg's overall medical condition) it is impossible to know whether or not her story rings true.
HOWEVER, I can tell you that Aldactone (spironolactone) is used in a couple of very particular instances,

1) Isolated Systolic Hypertension..... the high number in your blood pressure reading is significantly elevated while having a normal diastolic pressure ( the lower number) eg) 160/80 vs normal which would be around 120/80.
2) Hypokalemia---helps maintain potassium balance
3) Neprhotic Syndrome unresponsive to glucocorticoids or other diuretics
4) Liver disease with ascites.

It is ABSOLUTELY within the realm of possibility that ones kidneys might shut down partially or completely in response to dramatic weight cutting. It's actually the same mechanism that has killed so many wrestlers over the years from dramatic cuts.

Anybody recall how much fucking weight she cut in the week leading up to her last fight?

Anywho, I appreciate that most on this site will just continue their mindless flaming or white knighting without any actual consideration, but, I am also sure there are a few that might appreciate so here you are.

Isnt it also used for hormone imbalances, ie juicers. Could be wrong with this one.
edit : also used to control hair growth and for hormone therapy in transgender women.
didnt she also get done after the weight cut - therefore negating the diuretic argument.

It is a steroidthat blocks the effects of aldosterone and testosterone and has progesterone-like effects.

It's in my bp medication! lol but im an old bastard and i can piss hot all i want

Isnt it also used for hormone imbalances, ie juicers. Could be wrong with this one.
edit : also used to control hair growth and for hormone therapy in transgender women.
didnt she also get done after the weight cut - therefore negating the diuretic argument.

It is a steroidthat blocks the effects of aldosterone and testosterone and has progesterone-like effects.

Yea but wouldn't any traces of steroid evidence come up in the fights she won last year? Was she clean last year?

Was it because of no random tests being done and they were all scheduled? So did she have enough time every single test to get every steroid out of her body or masked? Is that possible with the testing now?

The clinical response consists of, among other effects, decreased male pattern body hair, the induction of breast development, feminization in general, and lack of spontaneous erections.[29]

Yea but wouldn't any traces of steroid evidence come up in the fights she won last year? Was she clean last year?

Was it because of no random tests being done and they were all scheduled? So did she have enough time every single test to get every steroid out of her body or masked? Is that possible with the testing now?
Good question. Maybe she's managed to mask her use. She knows her chemicals.

which, if you understood what you read,

means that IT IS EFFECTIVELY AN ANTI-STEROID, ANTI-PED.

Nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING ABOUT IT WOULD HELP YOU IN A FIGHT.

ONLY HURT YOU.

(im sure shes guilty, just not in the way you all think, i think she wanted a girl sized clitoris again)

(sure shes guilty, just not the way y'all think-

she just wanted a girly clitoris again)

I SUPPORT CYBORG TIL THE END

of 2016.

ONLY HURT YOU.

(im sure shes guilty, just not in the way you all think, i think she wanted a girl sized clitoris again)
Thats why she took it after her steroid cycle duh. to help make herself more womanlike. who knows maybe she was doing trt and wanted to quickly get rid of high testosterone levels.

ONLY HURT YOU.

well I think "anti-steroid" is the reason it's not allowed. It is used to mask steroid use. From what I'm seeing here anyways, I am in no way an expert on any of this shit, and will hold off judgement until we know a lot more.

Last edited:
she doesn't read the package when she's shopping at vitamin mart like us regular folk. until today i didn't even know what spironolactone was. now i've seen sherbros post a hundred threads becoming fucking scientists overnight because of it.

she doesn't read the package when she's shopping at vitamin mart like us regular folk. until today i didn't even know what spironolactone was. now i've seen sherbros post a hundred threads becoming fucking scientists overnight because of it.
like she bought that over the counter. lol

The clinical response consists of, among other effects, decreased male pattern body hair, the induction of breast development, feminization in general, and lack of spontaneous erections.[29]
Maybe she was looking for an excuse to get on those "dick pills" the other fighters were taking.

Good question. Maybe she's managed to mask her use. She knows her chemicals.

Does she though or we just assholes?

I feel like she's been doing bullshit but i feel like most fighter have as well. It'd just be nice to have some evidence though. Making agents don't really guarantee anything.

Damage control is one of my first rationalizations.

Weight cuts for Cyborg are always brutal.

Again though I have no hard evidence of this being the case one way or another.

Nope. It's called cycling.

Chael has openly admitted to being roided up to the gills, and yet he only failed two tests in his career.

Or you could take the extreme example of Lance Armstrong who never failed a test in his life but is still known as one of the biggest drug cheats of all time.

Passing previous tests is meaningless.

Borg didn't fight in the UFC last year.
She fought once in Brazil and tested clean. (That commission is suspect)
Then once in the US and tested positive. So she tested positive in her 1st fight under USADA
upload_2016-12-23_3-27-4.png

Back