Why so much hype on the immortal?

7 fight win streak = legit reasons to be excited about this fighter...

He is entertaining as hell and winning fights impressive ways,what do you expect more from a fighter...

cause hes a no fuss banger, only a hater could hate that shit

Because....

He's on a 7 fight win streak

High finish rate.

Usually the Underdog but finds ways to win.

Fun style to watch

Tons of heart and grit

Blue collar work style

Always always comes to fight like his life depends on it.

Now while I agree he wouldn't beat any of the top 5, and is perhaps a little over ranked himself considering he has no top 10 wins or fights for that matter (I think)

He's earned his right to be fight an elite WW. If beats Lawler (despite my respect I give it a verrrrrrry low chance) I would have no qualms with him getting a title shot.
Agreed on every single point.

I can't remember who said it—it might've been Rogan on his JRE Fight Night special—but him 'dragging people down to the dark depths of hell' pretty much sums it up.

It's the same as Matt Mitrione, he was on the show and got fed some weak opposition so the UFC could market him as a legitimate star.

TUF is a godsend for the UFC. They can popularize fighters that no one would otherwise care about, and if it starts to show that they aren't high caliber talent, they will feed them a string of Chris Copes and Luis Ramoses so that people will buy into their story again.

Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin, Michael Bispbing, and many other TUF alumni were given a string of low level competition whenever they lost a fight. Matt Brown was given the same treatment. He was given a path that would most easily lead to the top ten, and people are eating it up.

When Matt Brown loses to Lawler, he'll get some undercard nobodies to hype him back up again, and then you'll start hearing about how he deserves a title shot and all this nonsense.

Also, I don't like to watch skilless brawlers fight other skilless brawlers. Matt Brown does nothing for me.

jesus, you sound like the biggest buzzkill ever

The kid puts on good fights EVERYTIME and is on a big streak. He's in a no.1 contenders fight against another striker and certainly has a chance. However hardcores for the most part realise he would get wrecked by the top 5 ww's but hey it's a Cinderella story and fun to watch. So all aboard the Matt brown train! Cho cho!

Hasn't lost since 2011. 7 fight win streak. 6 of the 7 wins coming by way of TKO or KO.

He is putting on very exciting fights and winning most of them. I'm sure he will get wraslef*cked at some point... but his recent run has been impressive.

Because....

High finish rate.

Fun style to watch

Tons of heart and grit

Blue collar work style

Now while I agree he wouldn't beat any of the top 5, and is perhaps a little over ranked himself considering he has no top 10 wins or fights for that matter (I think)

He's earned his right to be fight an elite WW. If beats Lawler (despite my respect I give it a verrrrrrry low chance) I would have no qualms with him getting a title shot.

Just this ^^^
Well said,

Matt-Brown.gif

Matt+Brown+KTFO+Mike+Swick+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

brownmein1.gif

matt-brown_pete-sell.gif

MattBrown.gif

That's why

Pretty simple, it's his fighting style. Brawl Brawl Brawl

anyone who goes on a 7 fight win streak in the ufc with 6 kos/tkos deserves some form of hype that is justified

I think that he deserves the praise for his UFC winning streak, but he needed a top 10 fight to prove whether or not he deserves to fight for the belt. If he can get past Robbie, then he's proved himself in my book. My only issue has always been the level of competition. I still think that if he fought someone like Shields, Fitch or Maia, he would get grapple fucked. I agreed with Hector when he mentioned that Im beat both Brown and Brown's best win Silva, and somehow Brown is still ranked ahead of Kim, which is unfair.

anyone who goes on a 7 fight win streak in the ufc with 6 kos/tkos deserves some form of hype that is justified
He also fought some very tough guys along the way. People seem to forget the ufc matched him up against Wonderboy in hopes of hyping up a new star. Very excited for the Lawler/Brown fight, Brown will be an underdog but anyone that brawls with him in an ugly fight is at risk of losing, not saying he will knock out Ruthless but it'll be interesting to see who tires out first.

Because most UFC fans are just bleed fans.

Because he is on a long winning streak , in one of the toughest division. A

And also he knocks people the f out while doing it

Because....

High finish rate.

Fun style to watch

Tons of heart and grit

Blue collar work style

I agree with all your reasons as to why to like him.... I tried... honestly I did, but then he opens his yap and says he can out wrestle GSP and can beat JH and Lawler at the same time....

I just cant stand him for those reasons. Rubs me the wrong way for some reason, and I honestly think he's gonna get smoked when he starts facing some top guys.

Hype is for someone who is unknown & isn't accomplished. So Matt Brown isn't "hyped". He's had a nice career in the UFC. Won 7 in a row. He's accomplished so he can't be hyped see. We already know who he is.

Back