Why should a dominant fighter move up?

Some people (maybe a lot), simply may dislike a fighter and want to see him lose. But real fans have a sadistic desire to see the fighter beating increasingly challenging opponents, which is why I think curiosity (a sadistic one) is the most plausible answer.

I never thought JJ should fight in the HWs until his performance against DC. I thought he didn't quite have the power, etc etc, but now I am curious: I think he might handle the JSD/Cain duo quite well. And I am curious.

Other cases were not as obvious: I think GSP belonged in his class, same for AS. Another guy who should move up soon, if he passes Conor, is Aldo. Aldo and JJ "look big" in their fights, which makes people....curious.

Again, I have to agree with you. After this fight it def made me really curious of a Jones/Cain match up. There are still challenges for him at LHW but it did prove to me that he is capable of making the jump

With Aldo I'd have to say that I like him at FW, He is a dominant champ but at same time he has looked vulnerable at times and been in some great battles. I feel he would be on the smaller side at 155 compared to a lot of guys in that division nowadays. I'll admit I would have liked if that Aldo/Pettis super fight would have happened.

Last edited:
Back