Why Shogun vs Nog 3... Shogun vs Silva would have been the fight to make..

standupsprawl

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I just don’t get this match making at all .. shogun beat nog twice already... we could have got something new in Shogun vs Anderson Silva even though a few years late it still would have been cool.

Does Anderson Silva ever fight at 205 since Bonnar fight? Does Shogun fight at 185? I'm just splitting hairs

It seems like Silva never wanted to fight Shogun. Their friendship and common nationality.

Shogun vs Lil Nog 3 is kinda silly. A part of me wants him to rematch Paul Craig

That fact that some people are interested in watching Shogun or Anderson Silva fight in 2020 is silly.

Anderson would still duck him to this day. Prime Shogun beats any version of him

Fuck!
Is a no sense boring trilogy.
Hope one of this two will pull out.
Shogun vs Weidman would be good

Does Anderson Silva ever fight at 205 since Bonnar fight? Does Shogun fight at 185? I'm just splitting hairs

It seems like Silva never wanted to fight Shogun. Their friendship and common nationality.

Shogun vs Lil Nog 3 is kinda silly. A part of me wants him to rematch Paul Craig
Anderson fought DC at 205 lbs after the Bonnar fight, but those were different circumstances. While I’d like to see him and Shogun fight, I agree that they probably do not want to fight each other at all.

Fuck!
Is a no sense boring trilogy.
Hope one of this two will pull out.
Shogun vs Weidman would be good
A trilogy is only somewhat interesting if fighters are 1-1. Here shogun already beat him twice. Silly and unnecessary fight

Well, maybe Nog asked for Shogun.

I have no problem with two old lions going one more time.

How does nog even deserve that fight?

But anyway..
zs5poidl3x901.jpg

Maybe Nog is planning to retire and wants to try to get one back?

That fact that some people are interested in watching Shogun or Anderson Silva fight in 2020 is silly.
It makes more sense than watching Shogun get busted up by low/mid tier bums. Shogun and Silva are so far past it, it's comical. It makes sense for these fun legend fights to take place. Watching younger, fresh athletes like Brendan fucking Schaub knock Cro Cop out don't really do much for the younger guy, and usually leave a bad taste in the mouths of long term fans. Let the legends bang, brah.

It’s one of those old training partner things they might be buddies from the chuteboxe time.

for what it’s worth silva has the better reflexes today but shogun has much better knock out power toss up fight. Motivated shogun vs roided Silva was the fight to make

The best time for Shogun vs. Silva was back when Shogun had the belt.

If they didn’t fight then, they’re likely not doing it now.

I would understand if they're both retiring and it's a final request, just the match doesn't make sense.

That said, the first fight is one of my favorites of all time.

THAT said, they aren't close to who they were as fighters.

They're honestly a bit removed from when they last fought.

Shogun's recent record is a lot better than Lil Nog's, whose includes a loss to Shogun.

A 3rd win does nothing.

Just hope it's a good match.

Useless fight.

Can't say "a fight for the fans" cuz the fans don't want it.

USELESS!

I would love to see that fight. It would help a lot of us out on these forums as well.

Back