Why Sam Oropeza Left Bellator To Fight In An Obscure Promotion For Less Pay

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by CC27, Jan 16, 2015.

1. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/1...obscure-promotion-for-less-pay-bully-beatdown

2. aross

aross Purple Belt

That's part of the struggle of running Bellator right now that they can build a fighter pretty much from scratch only to lose him because he has dreams of fighting for the UFC.

3. AGEZ909

AGEZ909 Brown Belt

I understand where he is coming from although im a bmma fan and competition supporter.. realistically itll take bellator at least a couple years before they get some serious traction and start Competing like a big dog(if all goes well)..

At 29 years old he doesnt have time to wait so he is hoping to get in the ufc as fast as possible and make the biggest splash possible.. i wish him the best.

I also hope that bellator becomes a legit number two thatll keep the ufc on their toes about fighter pay and how fighters are treated.. but as it stands, coker has tons of work to do...

4. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

He has to win this fight, to ask out of Bellator to lose and not get a UFC should would be brutal.

If he wins he def will get a UFC call up.

5. qw3rty

qw3rty COVID-19 Belt

I think he can probably be signed
    UFC will probably call him for a replacement on short notice

6. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

Sounds reasonable

7. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

Hope he wins. Guy was really exciting in the fights I've seen of his.

8. ThatBJJGuy

ThatBJJGuy Brown Belt

since coker has taken over i know loads of fighters that havent fought in over 10 months....meanwhile lashley and king mo get the opportunities....

Bellator sucks

9. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

The people who thought it was a positive for the talented fighter when Coker took over Bellator are funny bunnies. They had a few MMA brains and strong voices left in the room like Rebney, Caplan, etc.; and they were silenced by the changing of the guard. Now it's just a bunch of MMA incompetent tv execs and yes men like Coker. That organization had so much potential when they moved to Spike but Viacom's meddling ruined it. Who knows if Bellator, with some necessary tweaks, ever could have been a true competitor around the level of UFC if they got the full support of the network while being hands off. At least I think they would have been a stable #2, and now during a time when they could potentially take advantage of the UFC's new sponsorship policy change.

I truly feel bad for the originals like Pitbull, Lima, Curran, Chandler, etc.; which helped Bellator build into what they were, but now are stuck being discredited by association and small biased samples of crossovers.