Why Ronda v. Cyborg CANNOT Happen at a Catchweight

The fight between these two isn't to determine the best female bantamweight in mma. It's the determine the best female mma fighter right now. Cyborg fights at 145 and Rousey fights at 135 though she has fought at 145 before. 140 seems fair to me or do 139 with a +1 for weight.

The fight between these two isn't to determine the best female bantamweight in mma. It's the determine the best female mma fighter right now. Cyborg fights at 145 and Rousey fights at 135 though she has fought at 145 before. 140 seems fair to me or do 139 with a +1 for weight.

Cyborg has fought at 135.. but lets conveniently leave that out to forward your bias

There is only one single reason, Ronda is the 135lbs champ in the UFC, an organization that doesnt have any division above that weight, so they would not officially sign someone to fight out of a division they do not have, it is really that simple, Ronda fights in 135lbs, if someone wants to fight her is that weight and that weight only, Cyborg cant make it? Well, the talking needs to stop.

Why it can't happen... Ronda is willing to go up in weight for a fight against another woman (that has no true relevance to MMA anymore) but not against Cyborg.

Bingo. Ronda is huge for a 135-pound woman anyway.

If Ronda is as good as they say she is, she would take the fight at 145 and crush Cyborg up there on her own turf. Hell, Ronda already fought at 145, so it's not like she couldn't easily make it up there.

But it's bad business to do that for the UFC, so it wont happen. (But a real champion would go for it)

This just in: you're not actually a real UFC champion until you fight a PED abuser outside of the weight class where you're holding the belt.

Stupidest shit I've heard today.

The real issue with the fight is, what the fuck do they do with Cyborg after?
There's no division for her to compete in. What if she wins, do they release her? Do they pay a bunch if 135ers to move up and create a division?
Either way, it'd leave 135 with a champion with a non-title loss.

Anything other than cyborg actually making the weight doesn't make any sense.

Very true. The ufc has a really good thing going with Ronda that would get totally screwed up if cyborg beat her. Cyborg isn't that big of a draw since most people who are not big mma fans know about her so the risk to Ronda and the ufc outweighs the reward

If Ronda is as good as they say she is, she would take the fight at 145 and crush Cyborg up there on her own turf. Hell, Ronda already fought at 145, so it's not like she couldn't easily make it up there.

But it's bad business to do that for the UFC, so it wont happen. (But a real champion would go for it)

And cyborg has fought at 135, what's your point

Why not make a 145lbs division at at least make some money from Cyborg? All she does now is train. If they fight at 145, ronda can hold 2 belts, or lose and keep her 135 belt...everyone wins.

It could have happened at 140, but Cyroid asked to be released when increased testing was brought up.

If you have a problem with the match not happening you should bring it up with Cyroid.

Why it can't happen... Ronda is willing to go up in weight for a fight against another woman (that has no true relevance to MMA anymore) but not against Cyborg.

...I'm guessing the other woman never pissed hot, confirming that the extra weight is ill-gotten steroid fed muscle. Just a hunch.

Ronda is not hiding, the invitation is there.. Cyborg just doesn't want to take it.. I mean, how else do you explain actually ASKING TO BE RELEASED FROM UFC??

Cyborg has the easiest road to a title shot, yet she doesn't want to take it..

I don't hear Ronda pushing for 145. She knows Cyborg would smash her face in up there.

That was after Dana dictated 135.

Wand was already a legend though. Cyborg is no wand. They got a decent hype machine, but it's a hell of a lot easier to hype someone that really is one of the greatest fighters ever.

Yeah, but she was involved in the biggest female fight of all time..... Carano vs Cyborg. I don't know if it still is, but back then, people were screaming for quite a while for that fight to happen. That doesn't just happen because of one fighter.

It's why we're getting it all over again, only this time people are screaming for ROnda vs Cyborg.

...I'm guessing the other woman never pissed hot, confirming that the extra weight is ill-gotten steroid fed muscle. Just a hunch.

Making excuses because of past steroid abuse, that's pussy shit.

If you're the top fucking dog, you will fight anyone in front of you. Steroids or not. That is not a good excuse and Rousey should of never went back on it.

hahahahahah Wand!?!?
One if not THE biggest star from Pride!?!?!
Trust me people know who he was before entering UFC...

A lot of casuals didn't know who Wand was when he came over. But once the UFC hype train took over, that changed. Cyborg is a murderer like Wand. I'm not saying she's as big a star was Wand. But either way, she's the third biggest WMMA star behind Rousey and Carano, and would explode once the UFC hype train got behind her, like they did Wand.

Pretty much. She's their most marketable fighter, so her getting beat would ruin her baddest woman on the planet image.

Ronda looks pretty skeletal at the weigh-ins, it must be a tough cut for her. She should just do like Benson Smooth and Conor Mc (soon) and fight at her natural weight as a FW, but she won't because Cyborg.

This just in: you're not actually a real UFC champion until you fight a PED abuser outside of the weight class where you're holding the belt.

Stupidest shit I've heard today.

Only she's passed every drug test she's taken since she got caught. That's a long time to be clean, and a long time to keep falling back on the same old tired excuses.

But Ronda is scared. That's why she keeps using the same irrelevant excuse over and over.

Oh they would? Can you name any fighter aside from BJ Penn?

Sure....

Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
Benson Henderson
Urijah Faber
Anderson Silva
Brandon Vera
Anthony Johnson
Nick Diaz
Mayhem Miller
Diego Sanchez

.....and I'm sure there's more I've forgotten.

The real question is how could Ronda ever make 140? It must be a living hell to cut 5 lbs less than normal. It's barbaric that people would even suggest such a thing.

Back