Why Rizin and KSW only have 4 to 5 events a year?

I think it would be better of they join forces to increase their events and rosters, and be more recognize.

Maybe have a battle against UFC, Bellator and ONE.

They don't have the roster to support more events, and in Rizin's case, each event is pretty much make or break for them.

I think 12 events a year is alright for an mma promotion, I miss the days of PRIDE that I can't wait every month for an event.

MMA feels so especial during those times.

I think 12 events a year is alright for an mma promotion, I miss the days of PRIDE that I can't wait every month for an event.

MMA feels so especial during those times.
Rizin's not in that position. Right now they need the majority of their stars to fight on every card. Hell they already trying to book Yachi again and he hasn't even woke up yet.

Rizin is still building their brand and they do not want to water down or over-saturate their product like UFC has done. More events does not mean a better product. There is more build up and anticipation with the lesser number of events. I think 6 - 8 events per year would be good in my opinion. I know that I personally can't wait for any of the Rizin events.

Rizin is still building their brand and they do not want to water down or over-saturate their product like UFC has done. More events does not mean a better product. There is more build up and anticipation with the lesser number of events. I think 6 - 8 events per year would be good in my opinion. I know that I personally can't wait for any of the Rizin events.
Rizin 12 was a good example of what would happen if they started spreading themselves thin. The card was entertaining, but it didn't really give a proper representation of their product.

Small roster, costly production values, still have yet to really establish a foothold compared to the Pride days. Starting up by borrowing most of your fighters from other leagues doesn't give you a lot of longevity unless those orgs keep sharing fighters with you. Bellator, for instance, has not lately (unless they let Wandy play in Japan at the end of the year).

I think it would be better of they join forces to increase their events and rosters, and be more recognize.

Maybe have a battle against UFC, Bellator and ONE.
They play to their own countries, what's big in Japan isn't really big in Poland. They can use local celebrities, Pudz probably does well in Japan but he made his name as worlds strongest man.

RIZIN has to adhere to their TV deal. They can do events with no TV broadcast every once in awhile (RIZIN 12) but first and foremost they have to keep Fuji happy

Quality > quantity

KSW wants to be an exclusive product. Almost every event is to be big, on a large arena's and broadcast in PPV. KSW focuses on the quality of production and the costs are high. All events have huge cards: 2/3/4 title fights + medial freak show + other big fights (Pudz/Materla) + superfights champ vs champ (lately). KSW in Poland is little national holiday, but their events in England and Ireland are equally large and have max audiences.

HzaeVwq.png

Quality > quantity

KSW wants to be an exclusive product. Almost every event is to be big, on a large arena's and broadcast in PPV. KSW focuses on the quality of production and the costs are high. All events have huge cards: 2/3/4 title fights + medial freak show + other big fights (Pudz/Materla) + superfights champ vs champ (lately). KSW in Poland is little national holiday, but their events in England and Ireland are equally large and have max audiences.

HzaeVwq.png
Yeah.. KSW has really found their market. I think they are doing just fine.

Rizin it remain to be seen. I tell you one thing.. they peaked around the HWGP or the 225lbs GP. I dont expect them to be more than a glorified JMMA regional organization.

Quality > quantity

HzaeVwq.png

I prefer the quality over quantity as well when I purchase the event.

I want them to increase by 1 show a year until they are doing 1 a month. Most of them will be Bushido style shows though.

I want them to increase by 1 show a year until they are doing 1 a month. Most of them will be Bushido style shows though.
Their number of show is increasing next year. I'm waiting on an English source.

Sakakibara says he want to hold about 20 events (4 big events, 4 mid-size events (same level as Rizin 12), monthly small-size events) next year.

Their number of show is increasing next year. I'm waiting on an English source.

Sakakibara says he want to hold about 20 events (4 big events, 4 mid-size events (same level as Rizin 12), monthly small-size events) next year.

Yeah, he's actually serious about this, the news is already out on Yahoo headlines. He gave an interview explaining that starting in 2019, RIZIN would consist of 3 pillars/arrows:

4 large scale shows at Saitama, considering the slowly but steadily increasing attendance figures at the venue he aims for an eventual goal of 25000 on NYE 2019

4 mid scale shows on the level of RIZIN 12, designed for venues with a capacity of ~5000. Called RIZIN 12 a successful test run of that concept.

12 small scale shows with cards designed for venues on the level of Korakuen Hall, which would mean for a capacity of ~2000

I'd love to see them every month as well but they like to build anticipation of their show and not over-saturated with all the other MMA on the market. I think they are playing it smart. My gut tells me 8 events per year would be good. There were days in PRIDE where they did that many.

Back