Why Reyes gassed.

Airdack

sandbagging white belt bjj classes
@Black
Reaction score
Reyes was effectively trying to do damage for 3 rounds. Jon spent 3 rounds throwing pitter patter and knee kicks. When Jon was getting seriously outstruck then he panic wrestled and failed for 3 rounds. Then Jon does nothing with the takedowns he landed after the 3rd round and literally the only two serious strikes he landed all fight where an elbow and a headkick. Reyes won 3 rounds because he was actually trying to inflict damage and was successful.

Regardless if you think Jon won that fight it was a man fighting not to lose, not fighting to win. Playing it safe for 3 rounds, arguably the entire fight.

Post coke railing, dick pill poppin Jon is boring as fuck. He did the same shit in the OSP fight and the Santos fight.

Reyes gasses because Jones pressured him non-stop for five rounds while Reyes stayed on his bike; and he’s never fought at this level, for that long against any competitor like Jones. Reyes showed well, but lost 2,4&5 (and according to the judges, arguably 3 but I thought it was at worst a draw/Reyes round.

I was impressed with his gas tank. He had a crazy pace for for 2 and 1/2 rds. He was completely gassed after 1 rd with osp

Reyes gasses because Jones pressured him non-stop for five rounds while Reyes stayed on his bike; and he’s never fought at this level, for that long against any competitor like Jones. Reyes showed well, but lost 2,4&5 (and according to the judges, arguably 3 but I thought it was at worst a draw/Reyes round.
Rewatch the fight bud. Jon wasn't pressuring nearly as much in the first 3 rounds as some people are saying. Jon was actually getting pressured for a good portion of it.

Edit: BTW Jon pressuring means jack shit when he's getting outstruck.

The opposite was happening, actually...

Especially in the 2nd round.

Reyes spent the whole round on his bike, and when he stopped he just most of his punches for show instead of trying to do damage. His best strikes that round were his low kicks.

Jones on the other hand, even though he threw and landed less, was throwing with the intent to hurt Reyes, and the strikes he landed were the more effective strikes of that round.

Reyes settles down into his punches more in the 3rd round, but was still in his bicycle, and it’s tough to move that much in a fight and not slow down...

On his bike lmao? Reyes whooped his ass the first 3 rounds.

He gassed because he threw 372718472528483 strikes in the early rounds and he’s not a robot

First 5 round-fight in his career.

I seriously think some of use saw different fights. Reyes was on his bike?i saw 2 instances where Jon just ran to get away from him. No one is arguing he won 4th and 5th but the first 3 was all Reyes

The opposite was happening, actually...

Especially in the 2nd round.

Reyes spent the whole round on his bike, and when he stopped he just most of his punches for show instead of trying to do damage. His best strikes that round were his low kicks.

Jones on the other hand, even though he threw and landed less, was throwing with the intent to hurt Reyes, and the strikes he landed were the more effective strikes of that round.

Reyes settles down into his punches more in the 3rd round, but was still in his bicycle, and it’s tough to move that much in a fight and not slow down...

In real time, in the moment, I don't know how anyone gave the 2nd round to Jones. I was rooting for Jones the entire time and I was like "well shit he's down 2 rounds, he's probably about to turn on the gas for the next 3".

He was getting out struck in volume and power, he did not land with "more intent to hurt Reyes" at all, not sure what you are talking about. I guarantee the majority of Jones' landed strikes in round 2 are teeps, oblique kicks, inside leg kicks, low kicks, and jabs / jabs to the body. He did not wrestle at all in round 2, he was hit with the more significant shots.

I don't want to hear any bullshit about "gotta beat the champ by a lot!" either. That's bullshit. All that means in reality is a draw = retaining the belt, anything else is comical.

Reyes landed 33 "significant" strikes in round 2, Jones landed 22. And by the eye test I'm not sure how anyone possibly fucking thought Jones was landing more significant power considering he was visibly worried about Reyes' left hand and high kick, and Reyes was tagging him much more so. Out of those 22 strikes I mean...come on at least half must be the 50-70% power leg kicks, jabs, teeps, etc.

If Reyes could have kept his energy and bounce from first round until the end he could win. He was moving so much compared to Jones. After 3rd round he was plodding and Jones pieced him up.

Reyes might have finished Jones last night had he not been eyepoked during several key exchanges.

Let that sink in.

I seriously think some of use saw different fights. Reyes was on his bike?i saw 2 instances where Jon just ran to get away from him. No one is arguing he won 4th and 5th but the first 3 was all Reyes

Jones LITERALLY ran several times. Like almost turned around and ran.

For those arguing, there's a difference between moving backwards and running. Jones literally turned around to disengage on more than one occasion. If anything, Jones was on his bike.

I was impressed by the kicks of Reyes surprisingly. I wonder if he would hold a little back early in a rematch so he could not gas late.

If Reyes could have kept his energy and bounce from first round until the end he could win. He was moving so much compared to Jones. After 3rd round he was plodding and Jones pieced him up.

Okay sure...but you don't NEED to win all 5 rounds to win a decision. Reyes clearly won rounds 1-2-3. Jones needed a finish or a gifted decision on one of the "close" rounds (imo the 3rd, but apparently many think the 2nd). He got a gifted decision.

This was Jones' Johnny Hendricks fight, his Gleison Tibau fight, his Kevin Randleman fight (GSP, Khabib, Rutten btw).

He lost last night. It was a bullshit decision. I think the Hendricks fight was closer and more legitimate to give to GSP than this fight was to give to Jones. Reyes won 1-3, he out struck Jones in every round, he landed with more power and damage. There were no takedown attempts until the 3rd and they were dismantled and had no control or actual "scored takedowns" in the 3rd round either I think, it led to absolutely nothing.

I'm objective. I'm a Jon Jones fan. That was a bullshit robbery. It was a close fight, but 1-3 were all Reyes, pretty fucking clearly. You had to be super biased towards Jones' "octagon control!!!" or "pressure" while getting out struck and out damaged to think otherwise, and that's just retarded to be frank.

Back