Why put Corey Anderson on the 196 main card!?

Charlestonboy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They have other match ups like Diego vs Jim Miller, and Erick Silva vs Taleb, and Brandon Thatch vs Bahadurzada which are all likely to be very exciting.

Yet they put Anderson vs Lawlor which is almost a gauranteed wrestle phuck of a snooze fest fight on the PPV. I don't care if every fight on the PPV has all massive names, but they should at least have a good chance of being exciting. I just hate being bored at Wild Wings and having to buy extra drinka to make up for it. Anybody else disappointed that this fight is on the main card? And that is will almost definitely kill the momentum of the night?

(*fingers crossed that I'm wrong*)

You're going to watch regardless. Quit fishing for shit to complain about

i cant stand corey and his wierd wierd nipples.

because you gotta pay to hear bruce buffer say "beastin 25/8"

It's because he's beastin' so much.

Tom Lawler is a finisher and generally speaking he's in exciting fights win or lose. Corey Anderson is a very good (not always the most exciting) prospect at 26 years old. It might not scream JUST BLEED MATCHUP but I think it's very possible that either guy gets the finish in this fight. It could also be a snoozefest, but who knows. LHW is pretty barren when it comes to prospects in the UFC and Corey has the potential to be the "next big thing" (or at least next top 10 fighter) in the division

Beastin 25/8

That is in the same tier of Muscle Shark and Dean of Mean. Too good to be true

Jardine resents this comment. He was beastin' that long... Well, until Wand got a hold of his neck.

Corey Anderson is a beastly prospect and a much better choice for main card than Sanchez vs Miller, which would have been a great ppv undercard fight... like 5 years ago. Silva vs Taleb is absolutely a prelim fight, lol at TS.

Corey Anderson is a beastly prospect and a much better choice for main card than Sanchez vs Miller, which would have been a great ppv undercard fight... like 5 years ago. Silva vs Taleb is absolutely a prelim fight, lol at TS.

He makes a good point, honestly. Diego/Miller and the Thatch/Siyar fight are much better on paper and probably will be in reality. Nevertheless, I think they're trying to get people to buy through free good fights on FS1.

He makes a good point, honestly. Diego/Miller and the Thatch/Siyar fight are much better on paper and probably will be in reality. Nevertheless, I think they're trying to get people to buy through free good fights on FS1.
Diego/Miller is not an intriguing fight in 2016 given both fighters' losing streaks and being over the hill in general.

Diego/Miller is not an intriguing fight in 2016 given both fighters' losing streaks and being over the hill in general.

The only thing intriguing about Lawler/Andersen is whether or not it'll be boring. Diego/Miller will not be boring. I never once typed intriguing in the initial post, btw.

Sanchez/Miller isn't on the main card because they're giving Fight Pass a good fight, like they did with Poirier/Duffy. I could swear the Pittsburgh broadcast said that Thatch/Siyar was on Fight Pass too, but that doesn't seem to be the case according to ufc.com schedule and it's on FS1.

You're going to watch regardless. Quit fishing for shit to complain about
Well obviously he's gonna watch, doesn't make him wrong though. It's gonna be boring as shit unless Lawlor somehow lands a big shot, and it's part of a card you have to pay for so it's absolutely a legit complaint

Miller/Diego headlines Fight Pass prelims and Thatch headlines FS1 prelims.

I'd switch them up but McGregor and Holm fights are the PPV, that sells it, the other fights are positioned to help FS1 prelims and Fight Pass subs.

Does Thatch or Miller on main card get anyone to buy the PPV who wasnt going to buy it already?

It's because he's beastin' so much.

He has an unfair advantage being able to train an extra day during the week!!

Haha but on a serious note maybe because he won one of their few TUF 205 tourneys and is young. I don't expect much from him be he's got potential to hang around for awhile

Well obviously he's gonna watch, doesn't make him wrong though. It's gonna be boring as shit unless Lawlor somehow lands a big shot, and it's part of a card you have to pay for so it's absolutely a legit complaint

IF TS is paying, he's paying to see McGregor, so it's not a legit complaint.

Back