Why pull guard when you can do this??

off topic but why do they call them sacrifice throws - I only train BJJ

because you often expose your back and can even give up the takedown altogether if you don't perform it properly or if your opponent counters you just right.

Then you are not pulling the guard, you are basically butt scooting in a legal way.

Why don't you show me that footage instead? Maybe you are mistaking guard pull for guard jump.

An effective guard pull is when the opponent is inside my guard where i can controll him. If i sit in front of him he is not inside my guard.

Same could be said for guard pulling.

Taking the back in BJJ its much more important, also the referee can score the TD as 2 points for the opponent and call your counter a sweep where you only get an advantage.

Wait what? Dude do you even train? I guess they only teach closed guard over there if you do. Butt scooting is pulling open guard, and is what I do when I pull guard mostly.

Yeah Sexyama can also pull off judo throws sometimes in MMA. Guess what, these guys are some of the best Judo players in the world. I really don't want to spend the next 10 years of my life trying to perfect Judo throws without the gi. I need something effective NOW. And those are wrestling takedowns for the most part..

lmfao!

I just keep coming back to read about judokas giving advice on how to fight BJJ!

So far, it has been amusing.

Next I am going to read about MMA fans giving advice how to fight BJJ as well.

Glorindel: do you and your judo buddies just share jokes on how mediocre is BJJ stand-up skills? and you feel the urge to enlighen BJJ guys on how to do Judo?

You are so funny, i'm mainly a cacc guy and yes i do judo for fun, 1 time a week (green belt)

I simply think that their is better otpions than pulling guard from standing. A lot of bjj player practice judo throws, a lot of top bjj guy are judo bb, why??? 'cause judo can help their game.

But sadly, you're a close minded bjj nutt hugger. I hope you will gain some maturity and feel more secure about your art to understand that you can learn from other styles too.

Yeah Sexyama can also pull off judo throws sometimes in MMA. Guess what, these guys are some of the best Judo players in the world. I really don't want to spend the next 10 years of my life trying to perfect Judo throws without the gi. I need something effective NOW. And those are wrestling takedowns for the most part..

Hummm....

Really? All my guys at our gym learn how to do an O Goshi. My 6 and 8 years old sons learned that throw at the first or second judo pratice...

An adapted no-gi judo throw will be about the same as a wrestling throw, 'cause in fact, the only difference is the gi. When you adapt a judo throw, most of the time you are doing a well known wrestling throw.

You are just ignorant.

Hummm....

Really? All my guys at our gym learn how to do an O Goshi. My 6 and 8 years old sons learned that throw at the first or second judo pratice...

An adapted no-gi judo throw will be about the same as a wrestling throw, 'cause in fact, the only difference is the gi. When you adapt a judo throw, most of the time you are doing a well known wrestling throw.

You are just ignorant.

Thank you. You saved me a bunch of typing.

10/10.

Back