Why Pettis vs Thompson

jeff4353

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why the heck is UFC doing Pettis vs Thompson. Isn't it a no brainer for them to do Aldo vs Pettis? Any thoughts?

If they were gonna do a Champ Vs Champ fight I doubt they would do it on Fox.

Aldo's broken foot is unavailable for comment.

Besides, this is a solid fight. Thomson has looked really good recently, wrecked Diaz and fought a great fight against Melendez.

Sadly, Aldo is out until 2014... I hope that fight happens... Just pure fireworks

Sadly, Aldo is out until 2014... I hope that fight happens... Just pure fireworks

Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't know his foot injury was that bad. But, it seems like Pettis would be willing to wait for an Aldo fight. Pettis called out Aldo right after he got the belt in the post fight press conference.

Last edited:
If they were gonna do a Champ Vs Champ fight I doubt they would do it on Fox.

This would be an amazing fight to do on Fox. Two of the most exciting fighters on free tv would create many new fans

Thompson mixes things up pretty well. Been a long time fan of his. If this is true, I think he'll prove to be a much tougher match up than some may think.

why not benavidez vs johnson 2for this card and wait for grant? makes so much more sense

Man TJ is a poor guy. He will end up having to fight again. Thomson-Pettis is a great fight though.

Damn, I feel bad for Grant. Can't believe how long he's having to be out over his concussion.

Fight is based on ranking & recent performance.

Pettis...
1 Benson Henderson
2 Gilbert Melendez
3 TJ Grant
4 Gray Maynard
5 Josh Thomson

Everyone unsure re. this fight should watch JT's win over Mel. Been a fan since then. Good to see him get a title fight

Even though I'm not a fan of Thomson, I have to say putting him in is the most logical solution.

Fight is based on ranking & recent performance.

Pettis...
1 Benson Henderson
2 Gilbert Melendez
3 TJ Grant
4 Gray Maynard
5 Josh Thomson

Everyone unsure re. this fight should watch JT's win over Mel. Been a fan since then. Good to see him get a title fight

Give Gilbert the fight.

why not benavidez vs johnson 2for this card and wait for grant? makes so much more sense

Idk about you, but personally I'm tired of having Mighty Mouse on every fox card. The UFC probably is too.

Back