Why people, suddenly, stopped to tell long and pre made jokes?

Wait, I've got one!

I'll tell you the joke of a woodchopper from the Middle East who came looking for a job at a lumber camp.The foreman said, "I don't know if this is the kind of job you want; here we chop trees." The woodchopper said, "That's precisely the sort of work I do." The foreman replied, " Okay, here's an axe, let' s see how long it takes you to chop down this tree here." The woodchopper went over to the tree and felled it with one blow. The foreman, amazed, said, " Okay, try that big one over there." The woodchopper went over to the tree-biff, bam-in two strokes the tree was down. "Fantastic!" cried the foreman. " Of course you are hired, but how did you ever learn to chop like that?" " Oh," he replied, "I've had plenty of practice in the Sahara Forest." The foreman thought for a moment. "You mean," he said, "the Sahara Desert." " Oh yes," replied the woodchopper, "it is now!"

ooooooooh-got.gif

tumblr_m5bh6byr7d1ry1rm7o1_250.gifv

disturbing-temple-owls-football-fan-creepy-sports-fan-gifs.0.gif

I think internet memes might have replaced them.

Here’s one for you.

Young guy walks into a pharmacy and asks the pharmacists for condoms. The pharmacist hands him a 3 pack, and the young guy goes: “better make it a 6 pack. I’m going to my girlfriend’s house for dinner tomorrow, and as soon as dinner’s over, we’re gonna find a quiet place and go at it like rabbits.”

The next day the guy shows up for dinner at his girlfriend’s house. Before they eat, the mother asks if anyone wants to say grace. The guy says “I’d like to say grace please.” He then proceeds to say grace, and then goes on a long rant about forgiveness, and how important it is to have understanding parents.

After saying grace, his girlfriend tells him: “ I didn’t know you were religious”

To which he replies : “ I didn’t know your dad was a pharmacist.”

I laughed out loud!

Bad comics always target people with their jokes, plus long jokes are boring.

It was pointless after Norm's death, nobody will be close to as good.

It is because the majority of them was racist? It is because nobody wants to hear someone talks to 4 min? It is because of smartphones? It's the changing of generation? although, i don't even hear old people telling those. As exemple, every joke who started like this: "there was a guy..."; "there was a woman..."; "once a men said to his woman...".

Edit: better example of this type of joke, At this point I'll tell you the joke of a woodchopper from the Middle East who came looking for a job at a lumber camp.The foreman said, "I don't know if this is the kind of job you want; here we chop trees." The woodchopper said, "That's precisely the sort of work I do." The foreman replied, " Okay, here's an axe, let' s see how long it takes you to chop down this tree here." The woodchopper went over to the tree and felled it with one blow. The foreman, amazed, said, " Okay, try that big one over there." The woodchopper went over to the tree-biff, bam-in two strokes the tree was down. "Fantastic!" cried the foreman. " Of course you are hired, but how did you ever learn to chop like that?" " Oh," he replied, "I've had plenty of practice in the Sahara Forest." The foreman thought for a moment. "You mean," he said, "the Sahara Desert." " Oh yes," replied the woodchopper, "it is now!"

Mostly, I think people don't have time for one another. A long joke is really a story with a beginning, middle, and end, and we aren't a patient society anymore. We don't like to wait to get what we want. We want it now, or we'll tune out and forget what it we were looking for in the first place.

Just think of how many pointless tik toks we could get through in the time of a 4 minute joke. And you can skip the ones the bore you after 5 seconds.

A man got sick of the city life and moved into a cabin high in the mountains. His nearest neighbor was 5 miles away.

The man enjoyed his solitude for the first year, when suddenly he hears a knock on his door.

He walked to the door but didn't open it. "Who's there?" He asked.

"It's your neighbor from 5 miles up the trail."

"What do you want?"

"Listen, I'm having a party on Saturday and I just wanted to see if you'd like to attend." The neighbor replied.

The man thought to himself that a party might do him some good. He hadn't seen another person in the year since he moved out here. So he decided to give it a shot.

"Sure, I'll be there on Saturday."

"Great! Hey I gotta warn you though. There's gonna be some drinkin'" said the neighbor.

"That's fine, I'll have a few myself." Said the man.

"Also, there's bound to be some fightin'."

"Well, that happens sometimes. I'd still like to come."

"And there's gonna be a whole lot of fuckin'."

"Sounds great! What should I wear?"

"Wear whatever you want. It's just gonna be the two of us."

People don't like this kind of comedy anymore, it takes too long to get to the punch line. People like memes now

Probably has something to do with being sarcastic is the new way to tell a joke. Basically, one liners. Thanks Chandler.

Back