Why people are so excited about Israel after yesterday??

He looked great. Kelvin has great boxing skills, footwork, and is really good at slipping punches. Israel not only stopped all of Kelvin's takedowns and took his hardest shots, he took over the fight and annihilated him in the last round.

I wasn't sold on him before this fight, but he looked pretty great. Kelvin can hang with anyone on the feet and could have better hands than anyone else in the division.

Costa would murder Adesanya with ez. Whittaker and Romero dont even sweat.

Israel did great last night

If he will beat the likes of Romero, Costa and Weidman, we will see

I don't understand. He is a great fighter, but he is not AMAZING, and he won't even keep his belt for long.

He almost got knocked the fuck out by a fat welterweight, who is much shorter than him ( Kelvin was so stupid for trying the takedown when Israel was rocked).

Do you guys remember really great fighters when they were rising to number 1 contender and becoming champion for a while ? Anderson, Jones, DC, GSP, etc.. they were wrecking the competion while getting minimal damage, and making it look easy.

Israel's face yesterday was all busted up, and he just fought the number 4 contender.

He is great, but the next Anderson ? Lol, give me a break. He won't get past Romero, Whittaker and maybe Borrachinha. It would take one shot from Borrachinha for Israel to crumble, and yesterday he shows how hittable he is.
You realize that gastelum knocked out former champion bisping in the first rd after bisping survived five rounds with Silva right? You realize that gastelum dropped his last five opponents in the first round including Adesanya? Gastelum might be short but he’s got awesome power in his hands and knows how to get inside.

You realize that gastelum knocked out former champion bisping in the first rd after bisping survived five rounds with Silva right? You realize that gastelum dropped his last five opponents in the first round including Adesanya? Gastelum might be short but he’s got awesome power in his hands and knows how to get inside.
Of course he is awesome, I am just saying he should be a welterweight based on his height anyway, Israel was exposed , a short wrestler with limited striking (but heavy hands) almost fucked him up. Geriatric Anderson also found him multiple times. Israel will be fucked up bad by Romero, Whittaker and costa

GSP struggled with Penn, had to grind against Koscheck and lost to Hughes on his way up. Anderson got tapped out by cans in PRIDE and then got fast tracked when he came to the UFC because of his style. Jones dropped a round to Bonnar. DC nearly got shocked by Dion Staring in SF and lost his first title fight.

They all have warts if that's all you're looking for.

He dug deep and that’s as close to a finish without a finish as you’ll ever see.

Sherdoggers if Adesanya beats Whittaker: "Whittaker is not that good, should've lost to Yoel, he lost to a welterweights already, his only good win is X"

I don't understand. He is a great fighter, but he is not AMAZING, and he won't even keep his belt for long.

He almost got knocked the fuck out by a fat welterweight( I am not trashing Kelvin, just saying he is short for the division) who is much shorter than him ( Kelvin was so stupid for trying the takedown when Israel was rocked).

Do you guys remember really great fighters when they were rising to number 1 contender and becoming champion for a while ? Anderson, Jones, DC, GSP, etc.. they were wrecking the competion while getting minimal damage, and making it look easy.

Israel's face yesterday was all busted up, and he just fought the number 4 contender.

He is great, but the next Anderson ? Lol, give me a break. He won't get past Romero, Whittaker and maybe Borrachinha. It would take one shot from Borrachinha for Israel to crumble, and yesterday he shows how hittable he is.
Out of the four you mention;

After six fights, his record is better than Jon, DC or GSP (all 5-1) and he's beaten Anderson.

He's not doing too bad.

Blah blah blah...

Assholes were saying the same thing on Friday. I knew assholes would be saying the same thing on Sunday. But how the fuck do you out yourself as a salty little princess like this?

Why don’t you go have a cry. It might make you feel better.

First he wouldn't beat Kelvin, now he won't keep the belt for long. The narrative keeps changing.

He almost got knocked the fuck out by a fat welterweight( I am not trashing Kelvin, just saying he is short for the division) who is much shorter than him ( Kelvin was so stupid for trying the takedown when Israel was rocked).

Low IQ post. Either trolling or you just don't watch fighting much

Kelvin beats almost everyone he fights standing up almost getting "knocked the fuck out by a fat welterweight" means literally NOTHING

DC is short and "fat" for a LHW weight and he won that belt beating everyone in that division besides picojones then moved up to HW where he is at even more of a height/reach disadvantage and won that belt too. The reach advantage for Stylebender/Gastelum is almost identical to the reach between Stipe/DC and we saw how that went

Because they can?

Israel showed his toughness and well roundness in skills. From striking, to grappling. It was just beautiful to watch.

Anderson was getting heel hooked in Japan when he was 29. He did get better eventually, however.

To answer your question, people are excited about him because he's exciting to watch and the fight was great. Not many people claiming he's the GOAT or anything, just that he has potential, which is true.
Like wonderboy no power. Powerless counter puncher. Aka point fighter. Couldn't knock out a 50 years old andersAn with his guard down.

Like wonderboy no power. Powerless counter puncher. Aka point fighter. Couldn't knock out a 50 years old andersAn with his guard down.
that was too obvious

Lol at Gastelum being talked down now like a blown up WW.

Dude was MW number one contender, scheduled to fight Whittaker already and beat Kennedy, Bisping, Vitor and Souza.

There will never be another Spider Silva. He was much stronger in the clinch, head movement better, more power in all this limbs, and to top it off he handled the pressure like a GOAT. There's just levels to this shit man.

That being said, Israel went thru a war and gained a lot of respect.

Anderson fought the likes of Leben and Lutter and some good names but its way more competive now than it use to be. Gastelum rocks almost anyone he is a WW by body but he doesn't leave his power there, he almost kod Weidman who could easily be a LHW. Gastelum is dangerous and he fought him smart.

Back