Why people are so excited about Israel after yesterday??

I don't think you're that far off. He's an awesome fighter but I don't see the same things in him that I saw the first time I saw bones, gsp and silva. There's nothing wrong with that. .he could be champ for a while. I just don't see him as the next coming.

Ahhh the old hindsight thread. Was waiting for these to pop up.

Gastelum is a beast until he loses to Weidman and Adesanya then he's suddenly just "a fat WW". Crybaby Silva fans gonna cry some more.

Why are people putting down Kelvin to hate on Izzy? Dude got to the top of one of the deepest divisions on the sport, he is not a fat ww or a fat wrestlers, he is one of the best MWs on the planet gtfo with that bullshit.

Everybody and there mother in Sherdog said Kelvin was going to win. Now, he's a just a fat welter weight?

Why are people putting down Kelvin to hate on Izzy? Dude got to the top of one of the deepest divisions on the sport, he is not a fat ww or a fat wrestlers, he is one of the best MWs on the planet gtfo with that bullshit.

My words exactly, buddy. I litterally just posted the same response. Great to see someone with an IQ higher than 60 posting in here once in a while. :D

Almost knocked out and rocked are different things. He didn't get knocked out and hurt Gastelum way worse than Gastelum hurt him. Pretty funny thread considering all the people saying Gastelum would KO him before the fight. Adesanya was supposed to be overrated and get ko'd by Gastelum and and after he beats Gastelum, Suddenly Gastelum is a fat welterweight and getting hurt by him is embarassing...

Yeah but he really isn't that good is he? You can't promote someone like they're gonna be the next Silva when they're more likely to just be a top 3 contender winning and losing the belt etc.

I know what the original poster means: Israel just doesn't have that aura about him that those other fighters he mentioned had, great though he undoubtedly is.

Everybody and there mother in Sherdog said Kelvin was going to win. Now, he's a just a fat welter weight?
<PlusJuan> all i saw leading up to the fight was 'kelvin by ko', 'israel hasn't fought any real competition', 'the hype train is gonna be derailed'... now the same morons that were oh so sure he'd lose are coming up with whatever slight they can to rationalize what happened.

Last edited:
I just want to see Israel tested against a real Middleweight wrestler like Weidman, Jacare or Romero. It's amazing they managed to have him avoid these 3 opponents. Hell, even the likes of Branch, Hermannson and Rockhold would give him trouble I believe.
Gastelum is black belt in BJJ and was a state champion wrestler in high school. He also fought Brunson who outwrestled Romero. He's been tested against grapplers.

Gastelum is black belt in BJJ and was a state champion wrestler in high school. He also fought Brunson who outwrestled Romero. He's been tested against grapplers.
Gastelum cannot hang with the wreslters of the Middleweight division, which is why he kinda abandoned it in his Middleweight run. Size plays a huge role in holding people down, something Weidman clearly showed in his fight against him.

Kelvin is damn good fighter. I wouldn't just chalk him up to being a fat welterweight, he's got legit skills and legit wins.

Gastelum cannot hang with the wreslters of the Middleweight division, which is why he kinda abandoned it in his Middleweight run. Size plays a huge role in holding people down, something Weidman clearly showed in his fight against him.
Not saying Kelvin is the best wrestler in the division or even close to it, but Adesanya has been tested now against two BJJ black belts and a college wrestler who outwrestled Romero. You mentioned wanting to see him tested against a real MW wrestler and listed Romero, but Brunson outwrestled Romero and Adesanya stuffed all 7 of his takedowns.

Gastelum is not a fat WW. He's better at MW than he is at WW.

he showed that he's legit tough and doesn't fold before a very difficult challenge. izzy is still developing and it was definitely his best performance yet. I am very impressed. i didn't know he had that in him, and i'm excited to see him unify and defend.

I think he proved a lot in this fight. He has never been pushed to the edge before, and he showed in this fight that he has what it takes to dig deep and comeback from adversity. Gastelum is a TOUGH dude who hits HARD, and he blasted Isreal with everything he had and couldn't finish him. Bloodied and battered, Isreal came back in the 5th round and would have ended it with 10 more seconds! Great performance by both of them, I hope they rematch sometime soon!

I'm wondering the same about Gastelum. A ton of people on here were saying he was going to flatline him.

Gastelum was always overrated. I have been saying this forever. Flat footed, slow with poor balance. But hard puncher who is unkillable. It's hard to look great against him.

A big boy like Costa would definitely give the lanklet a lot of problems.

Just shut up with this bullshit already. Gastelum is an amazing fighter who closes distance very well and possesses blazing hand speed. He can catch pretty much everyone with his one-two, and when he does it's usually lights out.

I'm so fucking tired of this sort of shit. Gastelum has always had a huge gastank. He didn't win this one, but the fifth round was a result of all the damage he took during the fight, not that he was in bad shape beforehand. Moron. :rolleyes:

I don't want to be one of those people who cusses out strangers online, but god damn it, some people are just too stupid. Stop shitting on the best fighters in the world, and do something useful with your own life instead of this BS!

What I really dislike about the mentality is that it does a disservice to both fighters: it wrongly negates the quality of Israel’s win by indicating that was not a good enough MW opponent, and it wrongly relegates Kelvin to the category of unqualified or not a true middleweight. He’s a top guy and anyone who says otherwise has not been watching his past few fights.

But Jon Jones feeds right into that same mentality, laughing off Israel’s caliber by pointing to him struggling with a short, stout middleweight, completely negating the fact that Gastelum has fought champions and contenders in the weight class pretty much since moving up and has never looked mismatched against any of them.

I don't think you're that far off. He's an awesome fighter but I don't see the same things in him that I saw the first time I saw bones, gsp and silva. There's nothing wrong with that. .he could be champ for a while. I just don't see him as the next coming.
It's probably because he isnt on steroids like 2/3's of those guy with the glow you are talking about.

Back