Why people are so excited about Israel after yesterday??

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DaviVasco, Apr 14, 2019.

1. DaviVasco

DaviVasco Green Belt

I don't understand. He is a great fighter, but he is not AMAZING, and he won't even keep his belt for long.

He almost got knocked the fuck out by a fat welterweight( I am not trashing Kelvin, just saying he is short for the division) who is much shorter than him ( Kelvin was so stupid for trying the takedown when Israel was rocked).

Do you guys remember really great fighters when they were rising to number 1 contender and becoming champion for a while ? Anderson, Jones, DC, GSP, etc.. they were wrecking the competion while getting minimal damage, and making it look easy.

Israel's face yesterday was all busted up, and he just fought the number 4 contender.

He is great, but the next Anderson ? Lol, give me a break. He won't get past Romero, Whittaker and maybe Borrachinha. It would take one shot from Borrachinha for Israel to crumble, and yesterday he shows how hittable he is.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. popac

popac Orange Belt Platinum Member

Anderson was getting heel hooked in Japan when he was 29. He did get better eventually, however.

To answer your question, people are excited about him because he's exciting to watch and the fight was great. Not many people claiming he's the GOAT or anything, just that he has potential, which is true.

3. rac2

rac2 Black Belt

He looks like he is still evolving and so far, has always found a way to win, TS.

Is normal.

4. 91 seconds

91 seconds Disposable Hero

I'm wondering the same about Gastelum. A ton of people on here were saying he was going to flatline him.

5. Swarthy

Swarthy Yellow Card Yellow Card

He faced one of the toughest fighters in the Div with some of the heaviest hands.

And you think he did poorly?

You sir are an idiot.

6. iwillbebackin3weeks

iwillbebackin3weeks Banned Banned

he is the GOAT

7. ChaelSonnen

ChaelSonnen The American Gangster

I just want to see Israel tested against a real Middleweight wrestler like Weidman, Jacare or Romero. It's amazing they managed to have him avoid these 3 opponents. Hell, even the likes of Branch, Hermannson and Rockhold would give him trouble I believe.

8. in the liver

in the liver Mo froots Yellow Card

now we know he is a dog

YOLOGOGOPLATA likes this.
  9. The Witcher

The Witcher відродитися

GSP after every fight

images.jpeg-3.jpg

10. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Black Belt

I'm excited because he got exposed on a much bigger stage than when he eeked out a decision over Vettori.

11. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

And considering how one-sided most of his victories were, you should know that a marked up face is meaningless.

The Witcher likes this.
  12. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Gold Belt

shut up noob

The Witcher and Soul On Ice like this.
  13. MescalineDreams

Guaranteed TS was one of those guys. Now he's calling him an overblown WW midget

14. FlyingDeathKick

FlyingDeathKick Red Belt

Almost knocked out and rocked are different things. He didn't get knocked out and hurt Gastelum way worse than Gastelum hurt him. Pretty funny thread considering all the people saying Gastelum would KO him before the fight. Adesanya was supposed to be overrated and get ko'd by Gastelum and and after he beats Gastelum, Suddenly Gastelum is a fat welterweight and getting hurt by him is embarassing...

15. MescalineDreams

classic sherdog

16. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Brown Belt Platinum Member

Did you see the fight?

Moin, GoshiShun17 and Vegesus44 like this.
  17. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

I feel though that Israel never gets the credit he deserves. When he beat Silva, an absolute legend who is, of course, at the latter stage of his career but is certainly no easy out like some other legends were toward the end, there was a lot of, "He should have knocked Silva out." It wasn't- he looked solid and didn't get baited into a bad spot against someone as crafty as Silva- it was, he should have knocked Silva out- as if everybody has been doing that.

He fought very well against one of the division's most dangerous boxers in Gastelum. He showed the ability to gut through adversity, mental toughness, and a championship mentality where he, knowing it was 2-2 going into the 5th, poured it on and left no doubt that he had won that round and thus the fight. But it's easy to now construe Gastelum as "not a true middleweight," and "short, fat fighter" as if Gast wasn't going tooth and nail against a legend in Jacare and nearly knocking Weidman out before succumbing to his grappling.

I think it's all good- he's set to fight a terrific fighter in Whittaker next and there are no easy fights at the top of the 85 division.

Also, I bet if Israel had been matched up against either Weidman or Jacare and won, there would be people saying Weidman is done at a high level and Jacare is past his prime.

18. ralphus1

ralphus1 Extremely stable genius

Why complain about either guy after such a great fight?

19. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Silver Belt

you are sherdog in all its glory ts

Soul On Ice, Ekim, Moin and 6 others like this.
  20. Jayziz

Jayziz Blue Belt

Just shut up with this bullshit already. Gastelum is an amazing fighter who closes distance very well and possesses blazing hand speed. He can catch pretty much everyone with his one-two, and when he does it's usually lights out.

I'm so fucking tired of this sort of shit. Gastelum has always had a huge gastank. He didn't win this one, but the fifth round was a result of all the damage he took during the fight, not that he was in bad shape beforehand. Moron. :rolleyes:

I don't want to be one of those people who cusses out strangers online, but god damn it, some people are just too stupid. Stop shitting on the best fighters in the world, and do something useful with your own life instead of this BS!