Why pay for a training camp if you make 12k/12k in the UFC?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by randysyatt, Feb 10, 2016.

1. randysyatt

randysyatt Zan Panzer

If I was making that Bum Fight Money the only training camp I would have is a Heavy bag and P90x.

I would not have a manager either.

I would put little to no effort in the fight either.

I would throw a haymaker and if I miss take a dive and collect my 12k to show and my $2500 in Reebok money.

I would like to know what the point is of putting in all this effort (Camp, management and putting on a three round war) for no money?

2. KONE

KONE Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

to help you win fights

legkicktko, ssBaldy, Norcim and 6 others like this.
  3. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

You wouldn't be in the UFC, and would have to buy your own Reebok sh!t.

4. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

It's a mid term investment. If you keep winning, your pay goes up.
    The only agent worth paying after the Reebok deal is Neal Magny's agent, whoever that is.

FrankieNYC likes this.
  5. evildog46

evildog46 Orange Belt

You get out of life what you put into it..

Sonny Qc likes this.
  6. dogen

dogen Purple Belt

One exception: honestly I would wait a little longer in the fight, for the other fighter to miss his haymaker and take his dive.
    Easy 12k more

ssBaldy, Patof and MPD-Psycho like this.
  7. Lanx

Lanx 房仕龍 Double Yellow Card

Um actually there is P90x3 now

8. zephid

zephid Silver Belt

You wouldn't be in the UFC for long with that attitude either since you would lose every fight, which would lead to you getting cut. If you want to have a career in the UFC you have to win fights, and in order to do that you need to have a good training camp.

9. screaminleeman

screaminleeman Red Belt

Weight classes. Obviously, it is ridiculous for an athletic male over 200 pounds to ever fight in MMA. [PERIOD!] The financial opportunities freely given to these individuals clearly makes this career path an extremely poor choice for them. This pretty much spans the MW, LHW & HW divisions in the UFC..

- There is no form of MMA that is contested in the NCAA/ NIT collegiate level offering full athletic scholarships to academic institutions.
    - The majority if not all mainstream sports in NCAA that do grant full "athletic" scholarships to smaller males are not conducive to MMA success. A college degree however makes the $$$ peanuts you mention silly to forgo a career in industry.
    - Small males that are not mentally gifted enough to qualify for full scholarships to college, or cannot afford college may be more attracted to this type of employment.

10. MMA_Fan

MMA_Fan Brown Belt

That's like asking why go college if you don't make six figures the first year after you graduate. You have to invest in yourself to succeed. The entire premise of this thread is ridiculously immature.

11. Twelve75

Twelve75 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

kiss you 12k and reebok money goodbye.....you'll be a real stud at local shows....some boise dime may blow you because you've just won $1000 and she's had a few beers.

12. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

it seems you would be cut and never amount to anything.
    Glad you are not a fighter.
    Sad to say, I would not be a fan anyway (since you put no effort in what you do)...

the part you miss is the part where, the ones who do put the effort would win and continue to progress and make more money... invest now, and it will pay off later.

13. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

I assume a lot of the time, if you get big enough, you aren't paying. The camps are happy to train you to get the note worthiness of your name on their attached business. Furthermore, you usually teach at the camp you train at.

Heck, I know pretty confidently that when Bobby Southworth was the Strikeforce champ, he wasn't paying to be trained.

14. mooseman17

mooseman17 Black Belt

Its an investment, but if you're going to do it one time then sure. Also, if you dnt have a training camp and all that other jazz, i highly doubt youre going to get a shot in the UFC.

15. El Fernas

El Fernas Red Belt

Then choose the right sport from the very beggining, soccer is cheap to start with and if you prove you are a good candidate big teams sign you even from a kid age and pay from that point (again, if you are good).

Boxing doesnt pay the big money right from the start, you have to win (a lot) fights, the same with the UFC, if you were smart enough to sign a decent deal that will not be a problem, specially if you do great then there is those 50k performance bonuses, if you are smart and marketable enough, then there is Silva/Jones/Ronda/Conor money to be made, a few other make decent money too.

16. kflo

kflo Gold Belt

seriously?

what you would do is irrelevant. you are not a fighter and no nothing about what it takes to be one.

17. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Standing still is actually moving back

1. To get better
    2. To win fights
    3. Matchmakers go to gyms to find replacements all the time. Someone else's bad luck is your big break.

Iron sharpens iron. Good training partners will only make you better.

But I understand what you're saying TS. You're trying to go Apollo Creed son's route? Financial advisor by day and combatant by night?

18. Kowboy Karl

Kowboy Karl Black Belt

You speak the truth

randysyatt likes this.
  19. TatooNU

TatooNU Brown Belt

You can go workout at UFC gym. Better then P90x, Taebox, etc. Plus has hot women in the kick boxing classes.

20. Roljo

Roljo Black Belt

You wouldn't last long in the ufc if you fight that way and to get there you should've put in a lot of work (except if you're a big name (cm punk) and still you work to have a name). Basically you would throw away all of your previous work and the potential to become good and earn a lot of money