Why on earth would Nick take the fight @ 185

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He said he didn't want to do a catchweight so that he wouldn't have to put his opponent "through any extra work or anything like that"

Smfh ....

Plz have Mercy Spider

dat fight money, obviously. Ill let silva knock me out for 50 G's or so

I'm not sure he's too fussed about a win/loss record. Losing to Anderson Silva at a weight disadvantage doesn't exactly taint his record.

...also, dem dollar bills.

Because he's a real fighter and wants to fight the GOAT.

I don't understand how some of you marks can't respect that.

exactly, some people just have to say shyt about everything

they need to learn to respect the fighters, keyboard f**king warriors

I'd fight Silva at any weight for $5,000, so I'm sure any professional fighter would fight him for what Nick's getting paid.

He took it because that was Anderson's stipulation no doubt.
Anderson is a huge MW.
He couldn't cut below 185.

Nick is in it just for the payday. Which will be huge btw ��

exactly, some people just have to say shyt about everything

they need to learn to respect the fighters, keyboard f**king warriors

True. People here think any fighter will just take a loss like that.. not exactly true a lot of fighters avoid losses.

Remember when Stephan Bonnar stepped up to Silva and Dana said NOBODY wanted to fight him with that much short notice.

It is what it is. Not none person on sherdog can die that Nick is a fkn warrior and comes to fight everytime......at least that is a fact.

But jeez what a crazy lopsided matchup

Alright i will have to give credit to the fact hes been wanting this one for awhile. Not alot of guys are thirsty to get into cage with silva.But you have to admit its win-win as fuck for him.

Win Beat one of the GOAT's and Get alot of money, add momentum to your hype train to potentially make more money.

Lose. Still make alot of fucking money.

Big money. Everyone will be watching. Gets to share the cage with the greatest of all time.... Pretty obvious answer.

Silva couldn't fight under 185 and Nick is a real fighter and a little crazy, not really much more to it.

Old school fighter, he doesn't give a shit and wants money.

That's like Wanderlei fighting Mark Hunt on 3 days notice.

i grew up hating nick diaz (for fun not personally) always rooted against him.. but since hes been back in the UFC i couldnt help but root more and more for him. not many like him and hope he keeps fighting. this is a dream fight like the GSP fight i didnt think would ever happen but wanted and he keeps going for it and taking them. props nick

everyone enjoys fighting and talks about how it saved them from jail etc because they loved street fighting so much. not nick diaz. nick still fights hungry. reminds me of a lot of boxers at the gyms i used to go to. all business to get out of the getto and they take it very personal

Back