Why not Woodley/Diaz at 202?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Yeah yeah Nick is undeserving and coming off a suspension and losses but who wouldnt watch that fight? Add that you have both Diaz bros and Conor on the same card and that sells a shit ton and Woodley gets some well needed exposure. If the guy is willing to fight again so soon then i say fuck it, let him fight. He can still take on Wonderboy in November if he wins. Guy needs some fights after being out so long

pretty much what I been saying

No time for Nick to get the wrestling practice in and I doubt UFC want Woodley cashing in his PPV points on that card.

Oh and Woodley's fighting Wonderboy next. He has no choice.

No time for Nick to get the wrestling practice in and I doubt UFC want Woodley cashing in his PPV points on that card.

Oh and Woodley's fighting Wonderboy next. He has no choice.

I dont think he would need it, I think this fight would be more competitive than alot of people think. Its not like Woodley is GSP, he isnt gonna take down Diaz at will or jab him to death. I think it would be an exciting stand up brawl and if it does happen to hit the mat i dont think Woodley holds Nick down for 5 rds without getting subbed

Because drastically overrated fighters that have never won a big fight at 170 shouldn't be getting title shots.

Diaz was not a contender before he got suspended so he definitely is not one now. Diaz is a guy you have to match up with McGregor or Bisping to make him interesting anymore you know a shit talking war of words. Woodley fucks him up in a scrap.

I dont think he would need it, I think this fight would be more competitive than alot of people think. Its not like Woodley is GSP, he isnt gonna take down Diaz at will or jab him to death. I think it would be an exciting stand up brawl and if it does happen to hit the mat i dont think Woodley holds Nick down for 5 rds without getting subbed

He'd definitely be able to get him down. Nick would need proper preparation.

Nick's big advantage over Tyron would be his cardio, if Woodley gassed Nick would pick him apart.

He'd definitely be able to get him down. Nick would need proper preparation.

Nick's big advantage over Tyron would be his cardio, if Woodley gassed Nick would pick him apart.

I think the biggest benefit of making this fight would be in the hope that Woodley wins. Plenty of people are already gonna be buying the card for Nate/Conor and if Tyron gets past Nick he's a bigger draw for the Wonderboy fight

I wouldnt mind Diaz/Lawler 2 either, i just dont see many downsides to making this fight apart from Nick not deserving a titleshot

Nick can't fight at 202. He is currently suspended. Tomorrow his suspension will be over. Then he needs to apply for a license. He has to pass a drug test for that. The NSAC also could require a hearing before issuing the license.

Then his agreement with the NSAC was he pass a drug test 30 days out from his next fight. So no fight until sometime in September, earliest. So even if he passes a drug test and gets licensed this week, he needs to pass another drug test and then can't fight for 30 days after that.

Oh, and he has to pass another drug test 15 days before the fight, and just before the fight, and on fight night. Good luck with that.

Apart from it making no sense, the Diaz bros don't like fighting on the same card.

I think the biggest benefit of making this fight would be in the hope that Woodley wins. Plenty of people are already gonna be buying the card for Nate/Conor and if Tyron gets past Nick he's a bigger draw for the Wonderboy fight

I wouldnt mind Diaz/Lawler 2 either, i just dont see many downsides to making this fight apart from Nick not deserving a titleshot

Why put effort into making Woodley a star when Wonderboy is right there and would easily take his belt?

Nick can't fight at 202. He is currently suspended. Tomorrow his suspension will be over. Then he needs to apply for a license. He has to pass a drug test for that. The NSAC also could require a hearing before issuing the license.

Then his agreement with the NSAC was he pass a drug test 30 days out from his next fight. So no fight until sometime in September, earliest. So even if he passes a drug test and gets licensed this week, he needs to pass another drug test and then can't fight for 30 days after that.

Oh, and he has to pass another drug test 15 days before the fight, and just before the fight, and on fight night. Good luck with that.

Was unaware of all of that, thanks for the informative reply

Yeah yeah Nick is undeserving and coming off a suspension and losses but who wouldnt watch that fight? Add that you have both Diaz bros and Conor on the same card and that sells a shit ton and Woodley gets some well needed exposure. If the guy is willing to fight again so soon then i say fuck it, let him fight. He can still take on Wonderboy in November if he wins. Guy needs some fights after being out so long

/post

Woodley trying to ride Coattails of Conor. No you fight contenders you ain't a draw LOL

Lawler vs Nick Diaz would be a better fight IMO...I know its not for the title, but Diaz doesnt care about titles, hes cares about paydays and prefight hype

The two have some history, plus unlike the picture below...it will be a stand up war

hot-mma-girls06.jpg

Diaz fans will buy the PPV anyway for Nate X Conor alone. Nick wouldn't add much on top of that.

Back