Why not make Conor vs Chandler

Conor losing to Chandler would be hilarious.

It only happens if Chandler can follow Khabib's gameplan. Despite KO-ing a no-name scrub and an ancient Bendo, Chandler's stand-up isn't that good...he has power and that's about it. He was KO'd by a FW and he had to take several journeymen to the ground because they were outstriking him.

All these champs from other promotions coming over and getting good contracts have and should have tough, but winnable opponents right away...
You give Chandler someone like Poirier, Tony or Gaethje. A top guy, kinda add Chandler as a top guy into that group to make it bigger, make the division better. If he beats one of those without too much controversy he's ready for a title shot.

I was following you until the second part. Chandler shouldn't fight Conor right away but should fight Poirier, Tony or Gaethje? All are all big names, too. If Chandler shouldn't get a top guy with a big name right away, he should face someone like Hooker, Felder or even Kevin Lee first.

I was following you until the second part. Chandler shouldn't fight Conor right away but should fight Poirier, Tony or Gaethje? All are all big names, too. If Chandler shouldn't get a top guy with a big name right away, he should face someone like Hooker, Felder or even Kevin Lee first.

Yeah because both outcomes are kinda bad. The UFC wants both to win, at least because of money. Which is not the case with DP, Gaethje or Tony. It's not a big deal if they lose or beat Chandler. They can bounce back, while Chandler would get a step-down, like one of those guys you mentioned. He's also 34 as a LW, so not that much time.

Yeah because both outcomes are kinda bad. The UFC wants both to win, at least because of money. Which is not the case with DP, Gaethje or Tony. It's not a big deal if they lose or beat Chandler. They can bounce back, while Chandler would get a step-down, like one of those guys you mentioned. He's also 34 as a LW, so not that much time.

I disagree on Tony. He's almost 37 and is clearly past his best days. Another loss will make that very clear for anyone who doesn't see it already.

Nah, do Tony vs Conor. For the belt.

I disagree on Tony. He's almost 37 and is clearly past his best days. Another loss will make that very clear for anyone who doesn't see it already.

I agree, Tony can't keep taking shots for forever. At some point the chin will go and also otherwise his age will show. I'd love to see Khabib vs Tony. Also Khabib vs Chandler. But more so Tony. Because that is the fight between the 2 most dominant LW's of their gen.

Maybe then Tony vs Chandler is the right fight to make. Winner gets Khabib, if he comes back, or is one part of the vacant.

All risk no reward for ufc. Another loss for conor means less marketability. Chandlers a solid fighter but not gonna be a moneymaker for ufc.they want a guaranteed win for conor-at the very least a big name to maximize draw

Chandler would be dangerous and not bring much too the table promotion wise .....makes no sense for ufc or Conor
I agree it doesn't make sense for Conor at all but for the UFC...I'm not sure....they can always promote a Conor fight and if he were to lose to Chandler they could win a lot of power over Conor, if he were to win, nothing changes for the UFC. So IMO if Conor were up for that fight, the UFC would jump on it because they know Chandler is a "company man" and wouldn't ask for more money.

Because.... <FookIsThatGuy>
and he was already the replacement fighter on standby for 155 title fight and now he gets a red panty night right after? No man should that that type of luck

chandler vs gaethje
and conor vs tony
i believe felder stepping in helps islam in the long run. i think ranked oppononets will be more willing to step up now. i can see islam vs hooker on the horizon

Because I believe they don’t want their biggest star to lose to a Bellator guy. Almost positive this fight happen. At least until chandler notches a couple high level wins

UFC is in the money making business

that fight currently would not make alot of money

maybe if Chandler would have stepped in and beat Khabib
He could have stepped in and fought RDA - the former champ who went up and fought bigger guys at 170, was competitive and even fought for the title at 170.

He could have stepped in and fought RDA - the former champ who went up and fought bigger guys at 170, was competitive and even fought for the title at 170.
who are you referring to when you say "He could have" Chandler?

yea Chandler could have smashed RDA, then he would have some buzz

still Conor vs Dustin 2 would be alot bigger than that potential Conor vs Chandler that TS was talking about

Back