Why not do Edmund Vs Carraway at TUF finale?

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by sonnysaggese, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sonnysaggese

sonnysaggese Blue Belt

I know that Edmund doesn't have quite the resume for Carraway, or probably even for the UFC, but why not. They could fight at 145. It is kind of an unfair fight for Caraway, lose lose scenario, but if they keep going at it this year on TUF I think it is a fight that fans would be interested in. And that would be good for both.

The whole dynamic is odd between Caraway Tate, Rousey and Edmund. WHy not just let them all fight each other, and be done with this nonsense?

2. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

good idea. make it one of those "loser must keep his mouth shut for 6 months" contests.

3. apostle**

apostle** Purple Belt

Caraway probably wouldn't do it. He and Miesha are content to spew all their venom in private interviews.

4. NemoKB

NemoKB Orange Belt

Aw, let's go balls out for ratings, mixed tag match.

5. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

I'd watch it

6. loxcane

loxcane Blue Belt

the whole caraway/rousey thing seems ridiculously forced... and caraway doesn't look like he's into it at all... maybe they banged and it's a big cover up

7. robotsonic

robotsonic Brown Belt

Probably because Edmond is a nobody who would get annihilated by Caraway. He is 2-0 pro and those two wins came against a guy who is 0-2 and a decision win against a guy who is 6-18.

'I'll get you when the cameras aren't here', seriously what a fucking punk to be saying stuff like that. Caraway would kill him in a MMA fight.

8. Anto1400

Anto1400 Orange Belt

Caraway would beat him so bad it would be kind of funny, so yeah I would be down for that. Edmond is quite the douche, so watching him get the living sht kicked out of him could be fun

9. Boekind

Boekind Orange Belt

What the hell is up with the coaches thinking they are fighters? Matt Serra verbally bitchslapped a coach, Tiki trying to fight Rashad, a male nurse trying to take on Kosh and now a Armenian Asshole thinking he is a professional fighter. He may be a great coach... but coaches ain't fighters, is there something about the camera that makes them think they can take on fighters... or do they know the fighters won't do shit to them with the cameras rolling?

10. apostle**

apostle** Purple Belt

Edmond has fought professionally and Caraway isn't exactly a fighter with some awesome cache so far. He might be legit but he hasn't been around long enough or fought enough for someone else in MMA to be that afraid of him.

11. Psychojoe86

Psychojoe86 Brown Belt

This is a fight sport. Why is it so surprising how competitive coaches and fighters are towards each other?

12. Ashenthorn

Ashenthorn Black Belt

24 pro fights since 2005 and 3 wins in the UFC. he's clearly legit - and seems to be getting better. Edmond's fought twice against guys with horrible records.

13. 24K

24K Purple Belt

Not a caraway fan, but i would love to see him smash this guy.

14. Boekind

Boekind Orange Belt

It's surprising because there have been a BUNCH of coaches on the show in it's run... very few of them acted a fool. This is not TUC (The Ultimate Coach), a coach is a coach.

15. nimw

nimw Blue Belt

Ive seen all of Edmond's interviews/videos on youtube (there aren't many) and he seems like a chill guy to me.
    I'd favor him over caraway in a kickboxing/muay thai match.

16. aker2703

aker2703 Banned Banned

if the UFC gave this guy a contract (edmund) to fight, i would laugh my ass off. dude is a nobody that has 2 pro fights against Tomato Cans.

being an obnoxious loudmouth should not get you a fight in the UFC.

17. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Rousey and Edmund seem to do anything to stir up drama, its lame and annoying. Only two episodes in and i will already never root for Rousey again, can't stand her now.

Caraway would absolutely school Edmund, wouldn't be worth it.

18. MrVet

MrVet Orange Belt

It wouldn't be worth Caraway's time or money but it would be satisfying to see Edmund guy get the shit whooped out of him. If your going to threaten to "get" a guy and give it your own personal guarantee then I say give him the opportunity to back it up.

19. Area809

Area809 Black Belt

Anyone think Edmund would act differently if there was actually a chance of a fight taking place?

20. Futureal

Futureal Brown Belt

What?! Caraway has been around 8 years and has fought in the WEC, Strikeforce, TUF and the UFC. a 24-fight, 8 year career makes him a veteran(or on the way to being one, anyway) in my eyes.