why not ban Hendo?

So then BJ Penn should be cut then, since the ref intervened and he held on?

Then about 60 to 80% of the fighters on the roster should be cut. GO watch every submission victory and tell me a fighter does not stop until the ref comes to him and touches him. Same thing happened to palhares when he got touched he let go.

i think the ref messed up on the intervention, he shouldve made more of a contact with Palhares rather than trying to seperate the submission, if you watch it back, he taps Palhares then ive no idea what he tries to do after that but he's down by Pierce at that point

He had a brief comeback with Predator.

Training with Arnie killed him, imo.

Didn't know he was still alive. Stallone should do a Rocky 8 - Creed returns. Make it a zombie version. I actually can't wait to see him & De Niro in Grudge Match.

It's a little different because you train to throw combinations of punches and kicks. You can often blame extra punches on muscle memory. I don't know of training partners that train to rip each other knees apart. Learning submissions is about getting the technique right without harming your partner. You let go as soon as the guy taps. The fact that Palhares looks to be trying to spiral fracture the guy's femur even as he furiously taps is a little scary.

Seriously, the double standards around here are ridiculous. Also, how about the idiots who love Frank Mir/Ronda Rousey or anyone else when they break someone's arm or something.
pt
is that a joke? Tate never tapped to Ronda's armbar and was resisting to the end. I thing Nog did too. They also let go once the ref intervened, Plus attacking the arm like that is less damaging and more accepted than leg looks which are banned in Judo and some BJJ tournaments,

Paul daily was banned for his cheep shot after the bell. Hendon was not yet stopped by the ref.

I really do think a much larger portion of this forum are either children, or mentally retarded than I previously thought.

pt
is that a joke? Tate never tapped to Ronda's armbar and was resisting to the end. I thing Nog did too. They also let go once the ref intervened, Plus attacking the arm like that is less damaging and more accepted than leg looks which are banned in Judo and some BJJ tournaments,

I'm almost completely certain you're right that Nog didn't tap until his arm was broken; Mir didn't do anything wrong. There's no comparison if they don't tap and gamble you can't break it before they get free that's their own fault if they get injured.

How often did Hendo do something like this before (or after) ?

Why are people so stupid?

Some people should seriously be banned from posting, because they're too stupid to handle the responsibility.

Hendo's fight wasn't over yet. RP's was. End of story.

If you didn't notice, Kim got in one last punch after Erick Silva was KO'ed and laying on the mat. Want to ban him too?

Hendo doesn't have quite the history that palhares has. Plus I'm pretty sure that if Palhares held that submission on Bisping he'd be lauded as well.

Agree with TS. Worst case scenario with Palhares is he broke his opponents knee. Worst case scenario with Hendo's flying punch is third grade concussion, stroke, braindamage, death.

This is bullshit. Held the submission one second after the ref touched him to call the fight. Almost everyone does that. Palhares is a scapegoat for UFC trying to justify pitfighting to soccer moms who watch it with their babbys.

"Look at us everyone, we're so legit, we're so legit that we ruin an innocent guy's livelihood for good PR." Thanks Uncle Dana.

Interesting....TS is pointing out the hypocrisy of cutting Palhares and not Hendo! This is groundbreaking stuff folks....I can't believe nobody else on here has made a thread about this yet.

Back