why not ban Hendo?

so many whiney girls in this thread hahahahaha i'm actually embarrassed

The ref has nothing to do with the Hendo incident. Hendo KNEW Bisping was KO'd, and decided to punch anyways, knowing the fight was over. This was horrible sportsmanship

Shit sportsmanship sure, but still, the ref didn't stop it. There's nothing illegal, nothing that's punishable about it. It's just a dick move.

Many people are citing Dan Henderson's extra flying forearm smash of Michael Bisping as justification, or at least as being remotely similar to what Rousimar Palhares did to Mike Pierce.

The problem with that analogy, is that Mario Yamusaki didn't try to intervene and rescue Bisping prior to the Hendo smash. In the Palhares incident, the opponent tapped visibly, screamed, ref intervened, and THEN Palhares cranked harder.

When Bisping was KTFO, it was a shitty thing Henderson did if he indeed knew Bisping was KO. But shitty and immoral aren't the rules. The rule is until the referee intervenes or until there is a submission. Pierce submitted by tapping, and verbally submitted, and the referee intervened before Palhares even really BEGAN to crank the submission. You can see Palhares rolls to his left, tightening the submission and torquing and not to the right, which would relieve the pressure and release the lock on the ankle.

So stop making the fucking stupid analogy, because you ignorant bastards have never rolled a day in your life.

Here's the point from my thread I made a few minutes after your thread.

They exploit that loophole knowing full well they can often get away with it unlike submissions. I don't buy most of the fighters mindset that I have to keep attacking an incapacitated/out cold fighter until the ref intervenes because you want to leave nothing to chance.

Brian Stann set the precedent when he knew his opponent was out cold and he stopped right away even without the ref intervening and that was a fraction of a second reaction as soon as he went out cold.

A lot of fighters have no excuses but are just deviant in that aspect.

An out cold opponent is very equivalent to an opponent tapping out to a submission for the obvious reason that he can't tap out because he's incapacitated.

Was Bisping going to wake up just in time to sweep Hendo? And this is coming from a Bisping hater.

Seriously, the double standards around here are ridiculous. Also, how about the idiots who love Frank Mir/Ronda Rousey or anyone else when they break someone's arm or something.

are you fucking kidding me lmao, it isnt their fault the opponent didnt tap, seriously this thread is retarded.

Cranking submission after ref physically touches you signifying stop

vs

Finishing a fight before the ref tells you to stop or even touches you

Clearly the same thing, someone make OP an MMA analyst

Because he spares people the added pain by knocking them completely unconscious.

Many people are citing Dan Henderson's extra flying forearm smash of Michael Bisping as justification, or at least as being remotely similar to what Rousimar Palhares did to Mike Pierce.

The problem with that analogy, is that Mario Yamusaki didn't try to intervene and rescue Bisping prior to the Hendo smash. In the Palhares incident, the opponent tapped visibly, screamed, ref intervened, and THEN Palhares cranked harder.

When Bisping was KTFO, it was a shitty thing Henderson did if he indeed knew Bisping was KO. But shitty and immoral aren't the rules. The rule is until the referee intervenes or until there is a submission. Pierce submitted by tapping, and verbally submitted, and the referee intervened before Palhares even really BEGAN to crank the submission. You can see Palhares rolls to his left, tightening the submission and torquing and not to the right, which would relieve the pressure and release the lock on the ankle.

So stop making the fucking stupid analogy, because you ignorant bastards have never rolled a day in your life.

Mario didn't have time to stop Dan. Mario cannot run at the speed of light. Both Mario and Dan knew the fight was over after the initial H Bomb, yet Dan continued "fighting" even though his opponent was asleep. If Dan says he didn't know Bisping was out, then he is a liar

In what world is "sportsmanship" defined by belting an already KO'd opponent? A KO'd and concussed Michael Bisping was subject to further damage by a second, and totally unnecessary H-Bomb. Sorry, but this blow was much worse than Rousimer's submission

Are you serious? Bisping was already knocked out unconscious, therefore no pain involved. Pierce's was tapping for his limb's sake with AGONY when Palhares locked his leg.

If you ever got punched in the face, it is more of a jarring sensation than pain. Someone trying to tear your limb out WHILE you're conscious - PAIN.

Totally. It's not the repeated, career-threatening offenses. It's because of New York.

I think Dana was looking for a reason to cut Palhares. At least he sounded like it in an interview he did before the fight. I don't think it had any thing to do with New York.

But, back to the original thread topic. I think if you look at holding onto submissions as unsportsmanlike conduct, then I think you have to look at punching a defenseless fighter 10-15 times after he's knocked out the same way. I mean how many times did Weidman hit Munoz until the ref stopped the fight? Some how that is not Weidman's fault but instead the ref is to blame? It's a very unique sport and there are always going to be grey areas when it comes to things like this.

Cranking submission after ref physically touches you signifying stop

vs

Finishing a fight before the ref tells you to stop or even touches you

Clearly the same thing, someone make OP an MMA analyst

Holding a submission, doing ZERO damage vs Elbowing a concussed opponent adding further trauma to the brain

Are you serious? Bisping was already knocked out unconscious, therefore no pain involved. Pierce's was tapping for his limb's sake with AGONY when Palhares locked his leg.

If you ever got punched in the face, it is more of a jarring sensation than pain. Someone trying to tear your limb out WHILE you're conscious - PAIN.

Wow....you are clueless bro

Because Hendo landed a shot on Bisping before the ref intervened. Palhares kept a hold on after the ref intervened.

Is it that hard to understand?

Because Hendo landed a shot on Bisping before the ref intervened. Palhares kept a hold on after the ref intervened.

Is it that hard to understand?

it is hard for him, yes. He is holding on to his stupidity for dear life and ignoring every argument against it instead of trying to counter it with logic

I disagree with it being about weak minded thinking. I think Henderson is of questionable character and that falls right in line with the mentality of many MMA fans who rationalize this behaviour.

The main difference being that my position is backed by coherent logic and evidence and yours is a spiteful dig. It's a brutal knockout either way but the only reason Henderson's stoppage garnered special outrage is because of the spin Rogan placed on it in the post fight commentary/interview. Otherwise, it's on par with a host of other high profile knockouts by fighters like Rich Franklin, Rashad Evans, Brad Pickett, Michael McDonald and many, many more. Hendo brushed the question off with a goofy response but repeatedly made it clear afterwards that it wasn't intentionally malicious and his prior fights support this, particularly against Wand.

1:57
[YT]BexeypzVUpc[/YT]

It's a lot more likely that Rogan's assessment fell in line with your agenda regarding Hendo's....

:Dbevahiour:D

Come now. :icon_chee

Last edited:
For some reason this post reminded me of the movie Unleashed with Jet Li and Morgan Freeman, the underground fight club with weapons and such.. lol.

giphy.gif

Back