why not ban Hendo?

I agree about both Henderson and Rampage, but it's quite easy to see many of you bring up Rampage to deflect the heat off of Henderson because you want the subject changed. How about you stop with the double standards just because you have man lust for certain fighters? I wonder how many of the people who worship Henderson bomb every Jones thread calling him 'classless?' What Henderson did was dangerous and completely uncalled for and so many of you make excuse after excuse for him. How about owning up to the fact you don't care what your favorite fighters do if they can get away with it?

And how often has that ended a fighter's career compared to knee injuries?

This. There's a reason guys are frantically, desperately tapping when Palhares gets a kneebar/heelhook. Far worse than guys who are about to go out from a choke.

In what world is "sportsmanship" defined by belting an already KO'd opponent? A KO'd and concussed Michael Bisping was subject to further damage by a second, and totally unnecessary H-Bomb. Sorry, but this blow was much worse than Rousimer's submission

Its pretty simple. They are citing "Unsportsmanlike" conduct but that is a word that can be applied to many situations in the UFC. By your definition DHK should be released for hitting Silva after he floored him. What you are overlooking is the fact that the ref had to physically pull at Paul Harris while his opponent is tapping repeatedly and yelling "Stop". Disobeying the ref is the defining factor. Babalu did it in the Heath fight and was released for it as well.

Remember Frank Mir said "Tap or Snap" not "Tap and Snap"

BJ Penn admitted he held on to the choke for an extra second or two with Pulver. That would be the better comparison but that was then, this is now. I would like to see them give the $50k bonus to Peirce for the time he may have to take off to recover.

It's the right call, Palhares has was suspended at Ufc 111 for holding a heelhook too long against Drwal, he was suspended after testing positive for steroids after losing to Lombard, and now this, the old saying goes 3 strikes and your out. Henderson did one controversial thing in his 15 year career.

I agree about both Henderson and Rampage, but it's quite easy to see many of you bring up Rampage to deflect the heat off of Henderson because you want the subject changed. How about you stop with the double standards just because you have man lust for certain fighters? I wonder how many of the people who worship Henderson bomb every Jones thread calling him 'classless?' What Henderson did was dangerous and completely uncalled for and so many of you make excuse after excuse for him. How about owning up to the fact you don't care what your favorite fighters do if they can get away with it?

Lets play a game... called Know Your Facts

In the following GIF, how many times does Henderson strike Bisping after he is KO'd, and how many times does he strike him after the ref steps in and makes contact?

81847955.gif

The answer is 1-0

In the folliowing GIF, how many times does Rampage strike after the KO, and how many times does he strike after the ref makes contact?

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

The answer is 3-2. Thats right, Jackson PURPOSELY KEPT STRIKING AFTER THE REF WAS TRYING TO PULL HIM OFF. Henderson did no such thing. This has to do with logic, not "man-love". We are not all motivated by your passions. I don't even like Henderson and cant wait for him to lose next month. That doesnt change that there is a VERY distinct difference between Hendersons actions and Rampages

What people fails to notice is that both Drwal and Pierce were barely injured after the locks, which makes it obvious that Palhares knew what he was doing, even if he held the locks a little longer than he should. But Mir? Little Chico can fucking torn your limbs apart and all people will say is that he has a strong grip or talk about his super strenght - a grappler knows how to control the pressure he applies and Mir, as his career shows, never cared about it.

Henderson's diving punch could have killed Bisping... people saying otherwise probably never got hit in the face by a punch... when a guy is knocked out, all his natural body defenses are down, his muscles are all relaxed, so the damage that a "late" punch causes is infinitely superior that of a "normal" punch.

This second time Toquinho was not at fault, a lot of subs are held a little bit longer even with the ref trying to stop the fights, it happens a lot in the UFC or in any grappling tournament. I give you that in the Drwal fight Toquinho acted like a douche, but this time around he didn't.

Many people are citing Dan Henderson's extra flying forearm smash of Michael Bisping as justification, or at least as being remotely similar to what Rousimar Palhares did to Mike Pierce.

The problem with that analogy, is that Mario Yamusaki didn't try to intervene and rescue Bisping prior to the Hendo smash. In the Palhares incident, the opponent tapped visibly, screamed, ref intervened, and THEN Palhares cranked harder.

When Bisping was KTFO, it was a shitty thing Henderson did if he indeed knew Bisping was KO. But shitty and immoral aren't the rules. The rule is until the referee intervenes or until there is a submission. Pierce submitted by tapping, and verbally submitted, and the referee intervened before Palhares even really BEGAN to crank the submission. You can see Palhares rolls to his left, tightening the submission and torquing and not to the right, which would relieve the pressure and release the lock on the ankle.

So stop making the fucking stupid analogy, because you ignorant bastards have never rolled a day in your life.

So then BJ Penn should be cut then, since the ref intervened and he held on?

The problem is Paul Harris has a history of this behavior. He should've known he was on a short leash with this sort of shit.

So then BJ Penn should be cut then, since the ref intervened and he held on?

If he did that, then yes... or heavily fined. I have no problem with a fine/suspension and a chance... but 2, 3, 4 times? No.

I dissagre with palhares being cut. "In brazil you talk things will happen"

Fight to kill. Enough with these rules.

To the death Georges, to the death!

Herb Dean "follow my instructions at all times, obey my commands at all times"
Mario Yamasaki "follow my orders at all times"
527cbda4e0db03a294168bc622946b7d.gif

Hendo stopped before Mario intervened. Does that make sense TS?

Has Palhares ever actually injured someone? Big deal, he holds the sub in like a millisecond longer. Hendo could have caused permanent damage to Bisping with the second H-Bomb after the fight WAS over

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Ref wasn't trying to stop it while Bisping screamed in pain and tapped out..

I dissagre with palhares being cut. "In brazil you talk things will happen"

I wasn't speaking about the cut and what I think about it... solely speaking about the argument being made that Hendo should be cut.

Hendo deserves a million dollar MOVE OF THE CENTURY bonus for what he did to Michael Bisping.

Back