Why not Aldo vs Cruz?

If I had a dollar for every time Cruz said he was "healthy and will fight again within the next 6 months", and then didn't.... I'd have at least 4 extra dollars by now.
well... I'm just taking his words at facevalue. assuming that he does return like he says who would you like to see him fight?

Since then he's had severe plantar fasciitis, a broken arm that required surgery, and two severely torn ligaments in his shoulder that required surgery.

And that's just what we know. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple other injuries in there as well. Combined with the other severe injuries he's suffered previous to the Cody fight as well, I think we've seen the last of Dom.
I respect Dom for his intense work ethic and his contribution to the evolution of MMA but he seems to have one speed during training and his body can’t hold up anymore. No shame if he doesn’t ever comeback which is how I have felt after he got injured before his fight with Rivera. He’s got the broadcasting gig still and he isn’t going to go out like a lot of the old guard getting KO’d/TKO’d by the new generation of fighters.

Who really thinks Cejudo vs Aldo isn’t shit when Yan is right there and poses a great stylistic matchup for Cejudo. I would be okay with Aldo skipping Sterling and fighting Cejudo because Moraes and Cejudo just fought but even as an Aldo fan. I still think Yan has done more than enough to have earned his shot.

Dom's been exposed... All you do is let the man lead and counter him. His style has finally been put to rest by Faber and his Alpha Squad.

he’s only lost to Garbrandt at 135. Gotta lose more to say he’s been exposed. We won’t know about that until he fights again. So we’re never gonna know.

I get that some people think that Aldo won against morales, but even if that's the case does that really make jose deserving of a title shot at BW? We already know cejudo wants to fight aldo and cruz anyway, Why not just defend against the rightful number 1 contender in Yan, and have this fight as the co-main event for the next title shot? Put Sterling against morales in a rematch and sandhagen vs edgar and you have the division pretty much sorted out.

Aldo vs Cejudo just log jams the division even more.

plus this is an easy fight to market goat bw vs goat fw, fight sells itself.
Moraes vs sterling? Let's not get crazy here. Cruz vs Aldo is perfect though.

Moraes vs sterling? Let's not get crazy here. Cruz vs Aldo is perfect though.
I feel like morales definitely needs to take a step back and rack up at least 1 or 2 more depending on the level but he's gone up against a lot of the best guys in the division already.

If there were ever a time for Aldo to use his patented kicks, that would be it.

I get that some people think that Aldo won against morales, but even if that's the case does that really make jose deserving of a title shot at BW? We already know cejudo wants to fight aldo and cruz anyway, Why not just defend against the rightful number 1 contender in Yan, and have this fight as the co-main event for the next title shot? Put Sterling against morales in a rematch and sandhagen vs edgar and you have the division pretty much sorted out.

Aldo vs Cejudo just log jams the division even more.

plus this is an easy fight to market goat bw vs goat fw, fight sells itself.
Aldo got a title shot.
It makes no sense for him to abandon that now. Let him have his shot, however undeserving it is.
After all, we both know UFC fucked him plenty of times before, so it is nice to see them finally throw him a bone.

Aldo got a title shot.
It makes no sense for him to abandon that now. Let him have his shot, however undeserving it is.
After all, we both know UFC fucked him plenty of times before, so it is nice to see them finally throw him a bone.
Has this fight been made? is it official and if so for what card?

I'd have loved this in their primes but Cruz is one leg kick away from being retired. Big fan of both but I think Cruz should hang em up

It's time to move on from making match-ups for Cruz until he proves he can fight again.

yeah... but he's gotten an entire card cancelled once, and has pulled out of fights on multiple occasions. after he lost to conor his next fight was a title fight, he got his rematch against max holloway.

I think he's had more than fair treatment.

Aldo doesn't throw legs kicks anymore for some reason

Probably knee/hip injuries that prevent him from putting the same amount of power in them, and also prevent him from being able to snap his leg back into position as fast as before so he can be ready to defend. This leaves him more vulnerable to counters.

I have the same issue, ever since I hurt my right hip/knee squatting my kicks have never been quite as fast or as powerful.

yeah... but he's gotten an entire card cancelled once, and has pulled out of fights on multiple occasions. after he lost to conor his next fight was a title fight, he got his rematch against max holloway.

I think he's had more than fair treatment.
That is utter BS.
He didn't "get a card cancelled" or "pulled out of fights" he got injured. That's quite a difference.
And you forget that he also accepted quite a few fights on short notice to help the UFC.

And his rematch with Max was to help the UFC.
He was scheduled to fight Llamas when Frankie got injured. He got pulled out of his fight against llamas and replaced Frankie two weeks early.

You also forget he did not get an immediate rematch against Conor like he should have gotten since he was the only FW champion in the UFC and held the title for half a decade.
Dana also did not allow him to move up and fight Pettis for the LW belt. he demanded Aldo to relinquish his belt.... something he allowed Conor to do just that, and Conor not only didn't relinquish the belt, he held onto it until UFC took it from him.

well... I'm just taking his words at facevalue. assuming that he does return like he says who would you like to see him fight?
I would like to see him do one of the three, fight Sterling, rematch Cody or fight Edgar, upon his return.. if it were this year.

Back