Why not Aldo vs Cruz?

RockyLockridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I get that some people think that Aldo won against morales, but even if that's the case does that really make jose deserving of a title shot at BW? We already know cejudo wants to fight aldo and cruz anyway, Why not just defend against the rightful number 1 contender in Yan, and have this fight as the co-main event for the next title shot? Put Sterling against morales in a rematch and sandhagen vs edgar and you have the division pretty much sorted out.

Aldo vs Cejudo just log jams the division even more.

plus this is an easy fight to market goat bw vs goat fw, fight sells itself.

Cruz needs to be healthy and not injured in order for this fight to happen.

In other words, it's not happening.

I get that some people think that Aldo won against morales, but even if that's the case does that really make jose deserving of a title shot at BW? We already know cejudo wants to fight aldo and cruz anyway, Why not just defend against the rightful number 1 contender in Yan, and have this fight as the co-main event for the next title shot? Put Sterling against morales in a rematch and sandhagen vs edgar and you have the division pretty much sorted out.

Yan is not the number one contender off a win from a old retired faber and riviera

Cruz is always injured and is still recovering so I don't think they can make any fights with him until next year

I don’t mind Cejudo vs Aldo, Moraes vs Yan and Sterling vs Sandhagen. 2020 is going to be extremely interesting at bantamweight.

Oh c'mon was his last fight not against Garbrandt? that was like 3 years ago I assumed he was atleast CLOSE to a return by now.
Since then he's had severe plantar fasciitis, a broken arm that required surgery, and two severely torn ligaments in his shoulder that required surgery.

And that's just what we know. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple other injuries in there as well. Combined with the other severe injuries he's suffered previous to the Cody fight as well, I think we've seen the last of Dom.

Because Cruz is broken. Like humpty dumpty. It aint happenin.

Imagine what Aldo would do to his legs......

Cruz might actually never fight again for real.

good match, 3 rounds Aldo wins

One low kick and this fight is over
Ya know, I've been wondering about this... I feel like aldo doesn't use his once patented leg kicks, it used to be pretty much his signature attack. It probably would have helped a lot against max, but i feel like he didn't even try to employ them.

Combined with the other severe injuries he's suffered previous to the Cody fight as well, I think we've seen the last of Dom.
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-will-fight-again-within-the-next-six-months/

this article is from 3 weeks ago.

Ya know, I've been wondering about this... I feel like aldo doesn't use his once patented leg kicks, it used to be pretty much his signature attack. It probably would have helped a lot against max, but i feel like he didn't even try to employ them.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-will-fight-again-within-the-next-six-months/

this article is from 3 weeks ago.
If I had a dollar for every time Cruz said he was "healthy and will fight again within the next 6 months", and then didn't.... I'd have at least 4 extra dollars by now.

Dom's been exposed... All you do is let the man lead and counter him. His style has finally been put to rest by Faber and his Alpha Squad.

Back