Why Nandralone, Joey?

First off, I am aware that the majority of professional athletes across the board use PED's to varying degrees.
What makes me wonder, is who the hell gave Beltran the dogshit advice to use Nandralone? Nandralone is most commonly attached to a decaonate ester and for decades has been known as "Deca". It is extremely popular and one of the known attributes of the drug is how sllllooooow the clearing time is. 9-12 months. It is widely viewed as the wrong drug for tested athletes, and this is old news.
Granted, NPP, or Nandralone Phenyl-propionate (which is a short estered Nandralone, meaning a shorter half life and requiring more frequent injecting) is popular now and I'm sure he used this, but the nandralone substance still is a lingerer.
All in all, everyone knows not to use nandralone if you get tested.
Did someone give him shit advice on drugs, or did he do this in secret as an inexperienced steroid user?
Say what you will.
I love nandralone by the way.

Probably this, I think there is a lot of mis-information about steroids going around in MMA, because fighters don't have established structures with doctors/other experts to lean on for PED advice as is common in other sports. Good post.

Maybe he took NPP which is faster acting Nandrolone. This doesn't show up as long as "Deca".

Edit: Oh you said it already, facepalm.

What do you call a ufc fighter who doesn't take steroids? a liar

What do you call a ufc fighter who doesn't take steroids? a liar

That's not entirely fair. I am pretty damn sure that BJ is clean. (He is definitely in the minority though)

Finally getting the misc to represent up in here! bb.com 4lyfe.

Im sure these guys are about as Natty as NattyGraham4!

First off, I am aware that the majority of professional athletes across the board use PED's to varying degrees.
What makes me wonder, is who the hell gave Beltran the dogshit advice to use Nandralone? Nandralone is most commonly attached to a decaonate ester and for decades has been known as "Deca". It is extremely popular and one of the known attributes of the drug is how sllllooooow the clearing time is. 9-12 months. It is widely viewed as the wrong drug for tested athletes, and this is old news.
Granted, NPP, or Nandralone Phenyl-propionate (which is a short estered Nandralone, meaning a shorter half life and requiring more frequent injecting) is popular now and I'm sure he used this, but the nandralone substance still is a lingerer.
All in all, everyone knows not to use nandralone if you get tested.
Did someone give him shit advice on drugs, or did he do this in secret as an inexperienced steroid user?
Say what you will.
I love nandralone by the way.

majority???

i would say ALL of them do to varying degrees

theres not one professional performance athlete out there whos trying be the worlds best not using PEDs

From looking at things, what probably happened is someone advised him to use it while he was outside the UFC (when he was cut) and he needed to drop down to 205. He probably wasn't expecting to get back in the UFC so quickly. I couldn't find any drug testing results for UFC on Fuel TV 4. It was in California, which is pretty strict, but they might have just tested the main event + some randoms.

Back