Why most UFC fighters look like thugs?

Not a single one of the greats looks anything like a thug.

This is really annoying that in a sport named "Mixed MARTIAL ARTS" the fighters do not follow the spirit of martial arts at all.
The vast majority of them do not look or behave like true martial artists, but like immature thugs.

The name of the sport should be simply changed to "cage mixed fighting" if it will continue to be like that.

- The are all covered in silly tattoos
- They are with an attitude of "Look at me, I am such a fucking badass muahahaha"
- They drink, smoke, use drugs.
- They talk a lot of shit
- Some of them have terrible taste for dressing.
- They come out with extremely shitty music.
- Some of them have been accused of offenses.

Not to mention that the president of the company is the biggest douchebag ever.

I can understand that some of them come from very shitty backgrounds, however martial arts should teach you to behave properly, to look properly, to follow a healthy style of life. And most of those guys just look and behave like thugs.

MMA should have more guys like Hidehiko Yoshida, Makoto Takimoto, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Cigano, GSP, Lyoto Machida, Nogueira brothers, Mirko Crocop etc.

Those guys look and behave like martial artists.
You watch most of today's fighters and you only think "from which prison he escaped??"

Look at Cody Garbrandt for example, or Thiago Silva. Those guys look like they belong to some criminal gang. And there are tons of fighters that look the same.

kiss.gif

Thanks for your insight on Tattoos, dress sense and musical taste.....

Also Martial Arts should teach you to behave properly?? how so?
What MMA (which is what your talking about here) actually teaches you is, how to defeat an opponent in the quickest, most efficient way possible, via KO, TKO, tap out, points, etc...
They learn to wrestle, grapple, choke, bend arm joints, bend leg joints, punch, kick, elbow and knee people in the face, head, body as hard and as accurately as possible..
Obviously you live in a strange part of the world where these skills make you behave properly.

:redface:

I agree. Who the fuck does Joe Lauzon think he is walkin around like he's Big Meech

Guys fight in a cage for money...

Seriously?

I agree TS but I think the steroid testing will wipe a lot of these guys out.

Also of your list I'd say GSP is the one who looks most like a thug when he's not wearing a suit.

Stupid post

Thugs try look like fighters /end

There are like three UFC fighters who kinda look like thugs and not a single one is champion...ever. What the hell are you talking about?

It's funny you criticize other people while proving you're just a judgmental piece of shit yourself. "These people have tattoos, these people listen to music I don't like, they must be awful criminals". How about improving yourself instead of trying to bring other people down.

Why your thread title use bad grammar?

Just because people have different styles, mannerisms, music tastes, or body art does not make them "thugs". Yes, I understand your point but I wholeheartedly disagree with your characterization of the fighters.

Yes there are MMA fighters that aren't good people just like there are bad people in every profession in the world.

Stop judging people.

1) tattoos are awesome and you suck
2) they are entertainers, how dare they crave attention!? You suck
3) and still they're in better condition than you piece of lard, and drugs are awesome, you suck.
4) . Your clothes and your music sux ass, and you're an embarrassment despite the low expetations put on keyboard warriors of your calibre.

MMA doesn't teach the respect that real, traditional martial arts does. Simple as that,MMA is a lowbrow amateur version of martial arts.

Only the truth. But since your nickname is iloveufc123 (seriously a 5 year old would be more creative) I don't expect much from you, so don't worry.

No, I am talking about real Martial Artists, people that look and behave like martial artists. I already named you some examples.
Fortunately people like Fedor or GSP kicked a lot of those ghetto's asses.

That is not an excuse.

His username is normal compared to your cryptic p-ride-or-rimjob, so are you the rider or the rimmer?

This is really annoying that in a sport named "Mixed MARTIAL ARTS" the fighters do not follow the spirit of martial arts at all.
The vast majority of them do not look or behave like true martial artists, but like immature thugs.

The name of the sport should be simply changed to "cage mixed fighting" if it will continue to be like that.

- The are all covered in silly tattoos
- They are with an attitude of "Look at me, I am such a fucking badass muahahaha"
- They drink, smoke, use drugs.
- They talk a lot of shit
- Some of them have terrible taste for dressing.
- They come out with extremely shitty music.
- Some of them have been accused of offenses.

Not to mention that the president of the company is the biggest douchebag ever.

I can understand that some of them come from very shitty backgrounds, however martial arts should teach you to behave properly, to look properly, to follow a healthy style of life. And most of those guys just look and behave like thugs.

MMA should have more guys like Hidehiko Yoshida, Makoto Takimoto, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Cigano, GSP, Lyoto Machida, Nogueira brothers, Mirko Crocop etc.

Those guys look and behave like martial artists.
You watch most of today's fighters and you only think "from which prison he escaped??"

Look at Cody Garbrandt for example, or Thiago Silva. Those guys look like they belong to some criminal gang. And there are tons of fighters that look the same.

Stupid generalization there :rolleyes:. Go away.

would you rather they call it
A.Human Cockfighting
B.Cage Fighters
C.You're my Bitch
D.Mixed Martial Arts

You're My Bitch FC has a nice ring to it. Let's go with that.

Back