Why most UFC fighters look like thugs?

pridedorim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is really annoying that in a sport named "Mixed MARTIAL ARTS" the fighters do not follow the spirit of martial arts at all.
The vast majority of them do not look or behave like true martial artists, but like immature thugs.

The name of the sport should be simply changed to "cage mixed fighting" if it will continue to be like that.

- The are all covered in silly tattoos
- They are with an attitude of "Look at me, I am such a fucking badass muahahaha"
- They drink, smoke, use drugs.
- They talk a lot of shit
- Some of them have terrible taste for dressing.
- They come out with extremely shitty music.
- Some of them have been accused of offenses.

Not to mention that the president of the company is the biggest douchebag ever.

I can understand that some of them come from very shitty backgrounds, however martial arts should teach you to behave properly, to look properly, to follow a healthy style of life. And most of those guys just look and behave like thugs.

MMA should have more guys like Hidehiko Yoshida, Makoto Takimoto, Fedor Emelianenko, Junior Cigano, GSP, Lyoto Machida, Nogueira brothers, Mirko Crocop etc.

Those guys look and behave like martial artists.
You watch most of today's fighters and you only think "from which prison he escaped??"

Look at Cody Garbrandt for example, or Thiago Silva. Those guys look like they belong to some criminal gang. And there are tons of fighters that look the same.

I don't know TRUE martial artists had a "look".

In the end, someone named it mixed martial arts, but ultimately it is fighting. They are cage fighters, it is the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship. They usually consider themselves fighters not necessarily martial artists.

DC, Jones. Mighty Mouse, Weidman, rockhold, gusgus, dillashaw, none of them look like thugs

"True martial artists"? You mean these delusional old farts in McDojos who'd get their asses handed to them in a real fight by the tattooed thugs in MMA?

If you want to cling on to the obsolete image of traditional martial artists, go train wing chun at an irrelevant dojo or or watch fake Shaw Brothers martial art movies. MMA is real life prize fighting, and in real life an old fart who talks about respect and wears a gi gets KTFO by War Machine.

A lot of fighters have tough up bringings like the Diaz brothers growing up in Stockton, or like Thiago Silva who had a very abusive father.
It's not their fault but their is plenty of fighters who don't fall in that category other posters have mentioned. Can't always judge a book by it's cover.

Wtf did I just read

Only the truth. But since your nickname is iloveufc123 (seriously a 5 year old would be more creative) I don't expect much from you, so don't worry.

You mean these delusional old farts in McDojos who'd get their asses handed to them in a real fight by the tattooed thugs in MMA?

No, I am talking about real Martial Artists, people that look and behave like martial artists. I already named you some examples.
Fortunately people like Fedor or GSP kicked a lot of those ghetto's asses.

A lot of fighters have tough up bringings like the Diaz brothers growing up in Stockton, or like Thiago Silva who had a very abusive father.

That is not an excuse.

imagine if all fighters looked like fedor. the mma events would be like a furniture movers' convention.

would you rather they call it
A.Human Cockfighting
B.Cage Fighters
C.You're my Bitch
D.Mixed Martial Arts

I dont think many of them do

Only the truth. But since your nickname is iloveufc123 (seriously a 5 year old would be more creative) I don't expect much from you, so don't worry.

Lmao! You're really pointing out my "nickname" as you say. Yeah, you're a an idiot and a troll. Sorry I don't have a cool name like yours! :D hahaha

These guys have decided that the best way to make money is to fight in a cage for a living.

So you get to decide what a true martial artist is? You're just making yourself sound like an idiot. Please go away and stop trolling.

Back