Why Melendez deserves a shot over Cerrone/Pettis.

SF champ....21-2 LW record....7 fight win streak beating Thomson 2x, Aoki, and Kawajiri...hasnt lost a fight in 5 years fight time.

is melendez guranteed the shot when he comes over or is nothing confirmed yet i could see how you could make the arguement for pettis and is gils shoulder still injuried if it is then maybe they can make the pettis fight and then have gil fight the winner.

There's that or the fact that Pettis has a win over the champ and Melendez injured his way to a title shot in the ufc after a very lackluster performance.

But wise sherdog elder, please right me in my ways.

lol

Wait the guy who lost to Josh Thompson?

Or the guy whose resume is dated from Japan in 2007?

Oh its the same dude? And he wants a title shot? Hmmmm...

In Bellator?

Ha I'm just kidding guys, Gil vs Bendo will be a great one, Gil is talent

Why? Because we want to see new guys fighting one another. We've waited long enough already for all the guys to be under one umbrella or in some sort of format where they can test one another.

Cerrone and Pettis have fought Bendo already. Let's see other matches now. I don't care about "rankings" or "earning a shot" or "who's in line" or "deserving/undeserving" and whatever. I just want to see top guys fight, don't matter the order.

It's called new fans who are not familiar with the history of the sport or it's fighters.

They see this young good looking kid who does lots of flashy moves and has been fighting in the UFC. So obviously he deserves it.

haha

Back