Why McGregor Might Reject Late-Notice Opponent If Khabib Pulls Out of UFC 229

Probably wouldn't take anyone on short notice except Nate in this case

Can't see him ever fighting Tony, high risk no reward and Tony has done some illegal stuff in his fights. Also he's weird af.

Anything might happen between now and night of the fight. Hopefully there isn't a pull out either way.

Conor will never fight a fighter in training camp on short notice.....Meaning he won't fight Kevin Lee/Tony Ferguson, who are already training for other fights.

He only fights guys with no training like Manlet Mendes and Cabo Diaz..........who were drinking tequila and fucking bitches before the call, and have like 10 days to prepare.

That's the only way he fights on short notice, the man has no balls.
You are a very stupid man.

The general consensus seems to be Conor McGregor accepts a short notice replacement if Khabib Nurmagomedov pulls out of their UFC 229 fight, but I spoke about this on a podcast I host this week and gave a take why he might not.

I wonder what everyone else thinks? I'm not unaware of his past, he's always been a guy who fights anybody anytime, but with the stakes involved in this fight and what happened with Nate Diaz it makes me think.

He probably does, but are we a little naive to think he will for sure do it? His track record says he would, but after ehat happened with Diaz and a sheer inportance of this Im not so sure. For the record, ImI not on the side of the camp that says Woodley is awful for saying he won't accept a fight with a such different type of fighter like Usman if Till falls out.

Im going ti listne to ur take, but I dont see how Conor can decline a short notice replacement when LasVegas has become Ireland nr2 full of fans who flew around the world and used their hard earned money to attend hes event + all the a list celebirtys. I cant imagin Conor seeing Tferg as a worse match up than Khabib at that point. The mentality Conor is in when its fight week dosnt oooz of common sense and business mentality. Hes mentality is that hes invincible. Its like saying that you dont think a drunk coked up businessman wont get with a AAA girl that hits on him because he has a wife at home. McGregor in fight mode will for sure take on a short replacement fight imo.

I think Mcgregor matches up well with Ferguson.

Once his fans pay the money and travel he will fight for them and never would leave his fans short changed .

As long as Khabib doesn’t pull out in he next few weeks we will start seeing Conor do some interviews . He is on this PPV so it is in his interest to .

When Khabibs pulls he will probably end up fighting Tony

Conor is so scared. He knows he's rusty as hell and his cardio is terrible.
So scared he’s fighting Khabib lol. I’m not even a huge Conor fan but your butthurt is pathetic

Conor probably welcomes it. He will use it as leverage in last minute negotiations and get an even bigger payday.

Now I listned to it... Conor isnt obsessed with the belt anymore. The belts was a marketing tool to get to the top, hes now past The belts imo. Fighter bitching about belts has a lot to do with the pay structure, Conor wont go from a 30 mil payday to a 3 mil cuz now thers no belt on the line. Ortega declined the short notice replacement fight cuz hes pay got cut, Tferg declined the short notice replacement cuz hes pay got cut ect. Conor wont get a paycut and he already has the 155 belt at home.

I don't think he would. He's never been afraid of short notice opponents before, why would he start now? Besides, Tony offers nothing that Khabib doesn't (he actually offers less), so his training camp wouldn't change or be for naught, even heading into a fight for him.

He will pull out
i mean he's Khabib

Now I listned to it... Conor isnt obsessed with the belt anymore. The belts was a marketing tool to get to the top, hes now past The belts imo. Fighter bitching about belts has a lot to do with the pay structure, Conor wont go from a 30 mil payday to a 3 mil cuz now thers no belt on the line. Ortega declined the short notice replacement fight cuz hes pay got cut, Tferg declined the short notice replacement cuz hes pay got cut ect. Conor wont get a paycut and he already has the 155 belt at home.
I think your argument about the fans traveling is solid. There will be a lot travelling to see him fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back