Why McGregor Beats the Snot Out of Aldo (Feel free to Bump In the Future)

Siver best weapons is the left hook and his spinning back kick. He is a kicker so he's accustomed to use counter kicks. He threw those out of reflex and instinct, you would know if you actually watched Siver fight, it's almost all he does.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Conor hardly switches stances, he isn't that tall also. McGregor's only weapon is his left straight, which is great and has lots of power, but other than that he has kicks and various punches that mostly are to mask the left straight. His head movement is lacking, mostly goes out of distance to avoid shots or just aborbs them.

Aldo on the other hand has more versatility on his head movement and boxing. Has a sharp jab and Conor won't easily shut down Aldo's jab by just hand fighting. Aldo has also a straight punch, goes to the body and good effective kicks.

Conor also is moving away from being the counterpuncher he was to a more stalker kind of fighter, throws lots of crazy stuff, kicks, flying knees punches to take the opponent to the cage and unload there.

I haven't seen McGregor with superior footwork, or land on those "incredible angels" or whatever. Aldo has amazing footwork, can fight of his back foot, while moving forwards and have the best pivots in the game. McGregor wont find an easy target.

Aldo will have problems but will emerge victorious on his 10th title defense and his 19th win in a row.

Are you on drugs?

His only weapon is the left straight? While his kicking was not perfection the other night, that left kick that he landed on Poirier found a home on Sivers face the other night like his left straight. The bolo\uppercut is there if someone has the courage to rush him again and the spinning kick is getting better. His combinations are a disgrace when he puts them together...end of round 1 v Siver, finish v Brimmage. Showed a good jab the other night that he doesn't even need as his lead uppercut with his right hand is textbook (agreed that is usually used to set up the left straight).

His head movement which is so fast at avoiding punches that its hard to see. Check out the breakdown from slack I think, after the Holloway fight where he points this out, he did it again against Siver its just hard to see its so fast. Just because he's not bobbing his head constantly it definitely does not mean he has poor head movement.

I can't wait for this fight. A lot of people are going to be shocked when the aggressive, confident, Connor Mcgregor turns into the tentative, less aggressive teddy bear after being rocked a few times by Aldo.

All this stuff you said are absolutely pathetic and makes no sense.

Height is the only advantage. The skill gap in in every other aspect is enormous.

Faster than Aldo? LMAO. You people are delusional.

Aldo is the fastest guy in the division. It will become obvious when they fight. McGregor is apparently talented at mass hypnosis.

Are you on drugs?

His only weapon is the left straight? While his kicking was not perfection the other night, that left kick that he landed on Poirier found a home on Sivers face the other night like his left straight. The bolo\uppercut is there if someone has the courage to rush him again and the spinning kick is getting better. His combinations are a disgrace when he puts them together...end of round 1 v Siver, finish v Brimmage. Showed a good jab the other night that he doesn't even need as his lead uppercut with his right hand is textbook (agreed that is usually used to set up the left straight).

His head movement which is so fast at avoiding punches that its to see. Check out the breakdown from slack I think after the Holloway fight where he points this out, he did again against Siver its just hard to see.Just because he's not bobbing his head constantly it definitely does not mean he has poor head movement.

What I ment is that he mask his left straight with his other attacks, the bolo punch and the left high kick being one, he exploited Siver's tendency to slip to his right by doing that. The bolo punch/uppercut hardly even lands, he just uses to play with the hand fighting, so he fakes the left throws the bolo to set up another disguise for the straight.

I don't know about his head movement being so fast, where is it? Siver hardly threw any punches, mostly threw kicks and Conor just wanted to walk through them, I guess it's okay since he can do it to Siver. Against Porier he was comptent to talking shit and just block the punches. He's getting hit more the thing is the guys he's fighting don't exploit that and Aldo most definetly will.

See, I think the opposite. I feel that Aldo's lighting fast counters and nasty leg kicks (aka, the central parts of his game) are tailor made to fuck with Connors mojo. Connors best chance imo, is to stick to the outside and rely on that inordinately powerful jab of his and his kicking game. In the pocket I feel that Aldo slices him up

Aldo is good in counterkick too. Would not be so easy to implement this game on Aldo

45.gif

Hilarious. to say Aldo has a speed advantage by a fair margin is delusion. Conor is bigger, faster and has too many weapons for Aldo, and imo he beats him up, and stops him. Hes just too versatile and aggressive.

Connor is bigger, he is very versatile offensively, is more agressive, and hits harder. Aldo is faster. It's flat out plain to see that he is. Connor has poor defense. That's also plain to see. It's a close fight but you're giving Connor more credit than hes earned.

Siver was able to kick McGregor and make him fall down, let that sink in. He also tripped him, and got deep on a double leg even though he gave up as soon as it hit the mat.

Let me tell you now and it is YOU who can bump this thread. If McGregor tries to stalk Aldo, like he did Siver, its going to be the worst decision he ever made. I think he would be better off trying to counter Aldo with a KO shot rather than coming forward all night like he did against Siver.

Mendes seemed to try to pressure Aldo and Aldo would shift into a different gear and get very mean. You really should go read the play by play thread for the Mendes fight and see how many people commented on 2 things. Aldo's speed, and his meanness when cornered or pressured.

Slack wrote a good article explaining how good Aldo was at neutralizing strikers while at the same time defending take downs by pivoting on his back leg. He made Lamas look like an amateur in the striking dept. and I'm 100% certain Lamas could give McGregor all he could handle. A 50/50 fight, flip a coin.

Are you really going to try and nit pick his fight with Siver? Lets look at aldo's last fight. The guy took a tremendous beating. was rocked numerous times. He came an eye lash of losing. Yet, you're really going to talk about a leg kick that caught conor off balance for a milli second or a take down that didn't go anywhere? Siver went for the takedown cause of the bodyshot that conor landed. Conor showed he's very tough to keep on the ground.

Aldo is losing. Not sure what round. But he's going to lose. Time to face facts my friends.

Are you really going to try and nit pick his fight with Siver? Lets look at aldo's last fight. The guy took a tremendous beating. was rocked numerous times. He came an eye lash of losing. Yet, you're really going to talk about a leg kick that caught conor off balance for a milli second or a take down that didn't go anywhere? Siver went for the takedown cause of the bodyshot that conor landed. Conor showed he's very tough to keep on the ground.

Aldo is losing. Not sure what round. But he's going to lose. Time to face facts my friends.

You're exaggerating, Aldo was clearly the better man and won every round of that fight, and the only time Aldo was rocked was in the first round, but Aldo still won the round and did more damage. Also, Chad Mendes is several leagues above Dennis Siver, though obviously their styles are very different.

Last edited:

He was fighting Chad Mendes who is 14-0 against guys not named Aldo. He wasn't fighting Siver. Pretty big difference in opponent skill there. My point was that if Siver can land kicks and punches that easily on McGregor while at the same time running like a scared rabbit, then Aldo is going to be a shocker to McGregor's system. Aldo will not be backing up and trying to escape McGregor's stalking ways.

Half of McGregor's mojo is the convince the other guy to be intimidated before the fight even starts. Mcgregor fans will deny it but he wins sometimes before the fight has even begun. Siver came out looking like he was fighting his father or older brother who had already kicked his ass a few times the previous week in the back yard. This will not be the case with Jose Aldo. He's tough, he's durable, he's long reigning, and he is the best 145'er we have ever seen.

He didn't took a tremendous beating, Mendes poked him and headbutt him and Aldo won most of the exchanges and won the decision pretty comfortably.

And also, that kick that caught Conor is very important because he got caught twice, Conor hardly sets up his kicks he just throws them. Aldo can coutner kick him.

Mendes is just a totally different fighter than Conor, Mendes is a wrestle boxer who has improved a LOT in the striking, he has bricks for hands and he's really good on the pocket yet Aldo beat him there, don't let the uppercut thing blind you to the fact that Aldo won most of the exchanges.

Conor being taller doesn't mean he will land more on Aldo, he has good distance managment but he isn't that good on the pocket and his left straight can be countered by Aldo's right.

TS is an embarrassment to Arsenal fans. Pull your **** out of Connors arse pal

McGregor is 175cm and reach of 74 inches.

Aldo is 170 cm and 70 inch reach.

Aldo is used to fighting smaller guys like Edgar, Mendes, Swanson etc. and hasn't faced someone of the physical size of McGregor. McGregor will be towering over Aldo and he first to the jab/straight.

Aldo has also beaten Jonathan Brookins (183cm), Mark Hominick (173cm), Kenny Florian (178cm), Chan Sung Jung (175cm) and Ricardo Lamas (173cm). Out of those guys Brookins, Florian, Jung and Lamas all have better reach than Aldo.

You have some good points in there as well, although I don't think Conor is faster than Aldo. Will be a good fight, no matter how it goes though.

It's funny how in this fight people are saying all this about Conor being the biggest/fastest/most powerful guy Aldo has ever faced, his movement/angles/striking are elite and the best Aldo's ever faced, he's too tall and long for Jose, etc, etc. But then they neglect to mention that Aldo is the first legit grappler Conor has ever faced in the UFC, Aldo is the best striker Conor will have ever fought, and Aldo is the quickest/strongest/most intelligent fighter McGregor will have ever stepped in the cage with.

The Siver fight showed a lot about McGregor and not everything was positive. First red flag was the fact that Conor got caught with several leg kicks, two of which tripped him as they connected while Conor was throwing his own techniques. Sure, he did that fancy spin back up to his feet and nothing more came of that, but the fact that Dennis landed them on multiple occasions leads me to believe Aldo would find similar openings, being the premier leg kicker at 145.

Then there were the two near takedowns. While Siver never established control, he still got McGregor off his feet twice and he's not exactly known for his wrestling or ground control anyway. People telling themselves Aldo has no chance of taking McGregor down are deluding themselves, he will at least be able to get in on Conor's legs as Siver did. Whether he can keep Conor down is another matter, but Aldo has a better chance at that than Siver.

With all this said, I'm sure Conor felt Siver was little more than an appetizer and was a little careless going into their fight. He'll no doubt treat a fight with Aldo far more seriously, so maybe the Siver fight is not a good indicator of how McGregor/Aldo will go down. But I do feel that Aldo's leg kicks could really make an impact on how fight goes given Siver's modest success with them. At the very least, McGregor will be far less mobile after eating a few of them.

TJ has already proven that a high mobility striker can defeat that style of fighting.

Unlike Siver, Aldo will have conors respect. Be prepared to see a lot of angles and stance switching. Conor will get the W.

Back