Why Masvidal is winning gold Saturday night...

Darius0995

I'd rather be a blind moth.
@purple
Reaction score
On top of having considerable experience participating in the sport, he’s already fought Usman and - for the most part - knows what to expect. For someone like Masvidal, who will understand the intricacies of feeling an opponents strength, speed, their reactions to different looks; this is a huge advantage that is most certainly being overlooked by most.
It’s no coincidence his body is looking as good as ever, optically yes, but it’s quite apparent he has been putting the appropriate miles in. He understands that this is most likely his last shot at legitimate gold, and is acting accordingly to what he knows needs to be done.

His already calm, assassin-like demeanour only exceeds in breeding confidence, but this is not unfounded confidence - he knows something we don’t, he’s practically felt it.

Don’t count out Masvidal Saturday night (Sunday for me) ... rest assured he’s a live dog in this one.

Easy money.

final_608400d729a68e00ba98de79_460842.gif

Last edited:
all golds will be defended

Every first reply to every prediction thread in Sherdog: POST BETTING SLIP HURR DURR
Easy to make a dogshit prediction with nothing on the line

It's pointless

Anyone who is this confident in Masvidal would put down some money, anything, because he is a massive underdog.

Only should be applicable to idiotic predictions like these, where there is absolutely no real evidence Mas will be able to win and it’s just a total shot in the dark

Evidence presented:
  • Jorge looks to be in the best shape of his 'late' career resurgence
  • Jorge has vast experience
  • Jorge has fought Usman before
What isn't real about any of these statements?

Last edited:
Nah. Usman grapple humps to another decision victory.

Should have been Wonderboy fighting for the title

On top of having considerable experience participating in the sport, he’s already fought Usman and - for the most part - knows what to expect. For someone like Masvidal, who will understand the intricacies of feeling an opponents strength, speed, their reactions to different looks; this is a huge advantage that is most certainly being overlooked by most.
It’s no coincidence his body is looking as good as ever, optically yes, but it’s quite apparent he has been putting the appropriate miles in. He understands that this is most likely his last shot at legitimate gold, and is acting accordingly to what he knows needs to be done.

His already calm, assassin-like demeanour only exceeds in breeding confidence, but this is not unfounded confidence - he knows something we don’t, he’s practically felt it.

Don’t count out Masvidal Saturday night (Sunday for me) ... rest assured he’s a live dog in this one.
i hope you're right. and Jorge def does have a great chance at winning. but regarding the confidence, he's always been a supremely confident person in his abilities.

Evidence presented:
  • Jorge looks to be in the best shape of his 'late' career resurgence.
  • Jorge has vast experience
  • Jorge has fought Usman before
What isn't real about any of these statements?
None of it is untrue, but it is also true that:
- Usman has been in top shape his entire career
- Usman has vast experience and has been performing at the highest level in the sport, higher than Mas
- Usman has fought Masvidal before and beat his ass.

All the above is just as real. Masvidal always has a puncher's chance by I have Usman by UD.

I’ll come back to laugh at this on Sunday

No, just no. Usman will find a way to do two things:

1 - Win.
2 - Make this a boring fight.

Usman will win simply because he is the better fighter

None of it is untrue, but it is also true that:
- Usman has been in top shape his entire career
- Usman has vast experience and has been performing at the highest level in the sport, higher than Mas
- Usman has fought Masvidal before and beat his ass.

All the above is just as real. Masvidal always has a puncher's chance by I have Usman by UD.
Masvidal is also older, more inactive and has more wear and tear than last time. In rematches, the smarter fighter tends to have the advantage and there is no question that Usman has a lot more tools in his arsenal. I suspect that he will have gained more from the first fight than Masvidal. I also suspect that Masvidal does not really expect to win against a guy who already beat him comfortably and that he is fighting primarily for a cheque at 36.5 years old with 14 defeats.

So I expect the rematch to be even more conclusive than the first, which is why I've put down just over £270 on Usman winning at 8/25.

Thought about it and here's why I think Usman will win.

On top of having considerable experience participating in the sport, he’s already fought Masvidal and - for the most part - knows what to expect. For someone like Usman, who will understand the intricacies of feeling an opponents strength, speed, their reactions to different looks; this is a huge advantage that is most certainly being overlooked by most.

Don’t count out Usman Saturday night (Sunday for me) ... rest assured he’s a live dog in this one.

Thought about it and here's why I think Usman will win.

On top of having considerable experience participating in the sport, he’s already fought Masvidal and - for the most part - knows what to expect. For someone like Usman, who will understand the intricacies of feeling an opponents strength, speed, their reactions to different looks; this is a huge advantage that is most certainly being overlooked by most.

Don’t count out Usman Saturday night (Sunday for me) ... rest assured he’s a live dog in this one.

Something fundamental you're not grasping with your sarcastic response: Masvidal for all intents and purposes, fought the best Usman had that night - he was categorically more prepared than Masvidal regardless of the late switch in opponent. Usman hasn't felt the best prepared Masvidal... yet.

Back