Why marriages don't last anymore ? is it still worth it ?

In the west, marriage is a nightmare especially for men with respect to any aftermath of divorce.

Here are some fun facts:

80 Percent of Divorces Are Filed By Women

According to the National Center for Health Statistics 50 percent of marriages in the United States end in divorce. Of the marriages that end in divorce, 80 percent of the divorces are initiated (filed) by women.
http://www.uplifting-love.com/2013/08/80-percent-of-divorces-are-filed-by.html

With respect to race and culture and divorce, there is quite a bit of info online. You can search for it. It is pretty fascinating stuff. Since third wave feminism, it is evident what destroyed the nuclear family, and promotes divorce because of the parade of free money.

A woman's sexual market value is at its peak during her youth (ie 18-23) though, genetics and lifestyle play a factor. During this period of time, women are enjoying their reign of terror in the dating market. A classic example of a woman's reign of terror and entitlement below:

"As OK Cupid has demonstrated, women rate 80 percent of men below average."
http://drhelen.blogspot.no/2011/06/vox-at-alpha-game-dont-listen-to-female.html

Dr. Helen Smith is the author of the book "Men on Strike" which depicts the unhealthy climate men are experiencing in the west. She documents a case of a young boy age 15 left on the hook for child support by a older woman who committed rape. The book goes onto point out that men have absolutely ZERO reproductive rights after the moment of ejaculation.

Given the climate of dating, the fact that during peak SMV, a woman is skiing through cawk mountain, crashing through a series of sociopaths, and once playboys stop calling, its time to play homemaker.

Yes, there are exceptions but, given the predicament of dating world, the single mom victimhood, and the parade of free money, it is just not the intelligent choice for a man. Women respond better to 'Netflix and chill' then they do a man paying for dinners. Why pay for dates when women just put out? Why risk your resources when you can just bang the drum?

Men bank on meeting 'the unicorn' but, many men before you/I have attempted the near impossible. It is very dicey. I wish guys good luck. You basically have got to acquire from youth when at peak SMV not after she is done being a booty call. If a woman dedicates her youth when she could be going on a rampage, you have a decision to make. A woman chooses. Its always been female choice contrary to popular opinion and victimhood. Women have always been the gatekeeper of sex since the dawn of time.

The clock is ticking but, for most, the girls only consider when the hour glass figure is toast and youth is squandered as well as baby crazy kicks off.

Divorce is less frowned up than in the past. So people will split when the marriage fails instead of remaining miserable in a failed marriage
The numbers on divorces is misleading. I can't remember the exact figures so these are an approximation. FIRST marriages are successful about 65% of the time, which isn't too bad. So why is the divorce rate so high? Because some people, like those in your family, are really fucking shitty at marriage so they marry numerous times and bring the number down. Second marriages fail at a high rate, third marriages at an even higher rate. And so on.

So it's a case of a relatively small number of people who suck at relationships that make marriage look shitty.

Absolute madness. Link source:

Its not just the failure rating at above more then half. Its about the ratio of who divorces? Its women in abundance as I linked. This is whatever but, when alimony and child support is involved, when your resources are raped, you begin to see a pattern but, its not usually until men get the bumper sticker that his eyes are open.

Another issues is the gender neutral nonsense pushed in society.

Search divorce and household choirs. The more feminine a man is and beta, the risk for divorce spikes. The more promiscuous a woman has been, the higher risk she is for divorce. There are a lot of factors involved.

Do yourself a favor? Approach a dozen girls. Tell me what your experience is? In growing numbers, you have a lot of space cadets. Offering value, intelligence, and reason is not mandatory. Some other dude will suitor her. Many guys are jumping on grenades, single moms, allocating resources to play cleanup, and footing the bills. This is why you can meet a woman late 20s or early 30s who has the maturity of a preteen and the personality of a wet paper towel.

Yes, there are rare gems out there but, so few and far between. As a man, your only option is to stake your claim.

There is no consequences for 'sloot gonna sloot' now a days. By consequences, I mean ostracism which was the case once upon a time. A woman was shunned and their was shame for being a skank as was the case of single motherhood.

I don't know for how long it has been a tendency, but it seems it just doesn't last like it used to. My parents broke up 12 years into their marriage, almost every single one of my aunts and uncles also had short marriages or married many times.

Most of my friends, co-workers and neighbors have stepdads or divorced parents too, my old classmates also.

It seems people these days don't really see the "magic" in it anymore or maybe "the party every weekend" lifestyle has more gains for people these days than marrying. I've seen some pretty damn good arguments about not marrying being a smarter choice financially speaking.

Is marriage still worth it or people these days are too screwed in the head to make a marriage last ? i know there's always the argument for the "right person", but shiet, it seems the right person is harder to find now more than ever. Talk about kids being screwed psychologically (at least a portion of them ).
It's actually not a new trend. Even in the "Leave it to Beaver" 1950's the failed marriage rate was about the same, the difference was that divorce was still very taboo back then. So even though a couple may be married, it didn't mean they were together anymore.

If something some people want was restricted in the past and is now made more available, then it's just common sense that there will be more of it.

People live literally like 2x as long as when marriage was thought up, and it's possible to survive outside of a marriage.

Longer lifespans and comfort of lifestyle mean we can pursue existential fulfillment outside of literally just surviving and placing faith in our social / religious institutions.

2 + 2 = 4

tl;dr version:
People get married because it's a tradition, and marriages fall apart because they no longer fill the needs they used to fill.

IMO it's because people don't really need to marry anymore, let alone stay married. Woman aren't hostages to their husbands like they used to and when both sides are independent they put up with a lot less bullshit.
I had a thought about this the other day:
If divorces are more expedient than they used to be, does that mean the quality of a couple that stays together today is better than previous generations? In other words, would a 50+ year marriage that started today be better than a 50+ year marriage that started 100 years ago? I'm not sure how you would even measure that.

there is no reason for a man to be married, other than tax breaks

seriously, somebody give me ONE, just one valid reason to get married? What does the guy get outta it?

there is no reason for a man to be married, other than tax breaks

seriously, somebody give me ONE, just one valid reason to get married? What does the guy get outta it?
The ability to make decisions for the betterment of your spouse and family should something happen to that person? And I would hope that my fiancé would make the best decisions for me about healthcare and arrangements if I were unable to make them myself.

The ability to make decisions for the betterment of your spouse and family should something happen to that person? And I would hope that my fiancé would make the best decisions for me about healthcare and arrangements if I were unable to make them myself.
i'll allow that, although I'm including that w/ tax breaks as 'marital gov bennies'

Just objectively, now that women aren't treated as property and have equal rights, I see No reason to get married.

the only reason I got married, no lie, was b/c I knew I'd get a 3 year tour in Germany instead of 2 if I got married and she was command sponsored

Blame feminism

q8CdZp3.jpg
lol

but I guess you're a scumbag if you are a white guy who regularly fucks non white women.

i'll allow that, although I'm including that w/ tax breaks as 'marital gov bennies'

Just objectively, now that women aren't treated as property and have equal rights, I see No reason to get married.

the only reason I got married, no lie, was b/c I knew I'd get a 3 year tour in Germany instead of 2 if I got married and she was command sponsored
Fair enough. I guess what you're asking for are the intangible benefits? I mean, raising your kid in a stable home where the parents are bonded for life seems to be one. At work, you're seen as a stable, grounded guy if you're married. These are all good things.

Back