Why Lewis VS Klitschko II never happened?

I saw Lewis holding and raking the cut with his gloves. I did not see Vitali breaking.

But if you did, that's fine.

But I never saw Vitali break before that fight or after, and Vitali fought until he was 42 years old.
Vitali was the one holding.

Looked like Lewis was.

Because that's what Emanuel Steward was telling Lewis to do because he was getting out boxed.
In the last couple of rounds? It was Vitali who was grabbing. Lewis was beating him up on the inside.

From what I understand, Lewis felt he beat Klitschko up at his worst and the fight was close, but it only went on for like, 6 rounds.

If Lewis could do that to Vitali in 6 rounds, what would the second half of the fight have looked like?

He felt like he showed enough to cement his win, no need for a rematch.

He really didn't want to fight Kirk Johnson either. He was pretty much done as an active fighter.

Again with that "he was semi retired" nonsense? I already corrected you on that one after I asked Lennox himself..

Also Lennox didn't want the rematch, because deep in his heart he knew he would lose.

Again with that "he was semi retired" nonsense? I already corrected you on that one after I asked Lennox himself..

Also Lennox didn't want the rematch, because deep in his heart he knew he would lose.
Lewis has been all over the place with why he retired. All I can say is he said his heart was not in it after Tyson and he was coming off of an unusually long layoff when he fought Vitali and then he didn't fight again. I'd say its safe to say he was finished.

Here he mentions considering retiring before the Tyson fight even.

Lewis was getting older and the prospect of fighting these huge guys, over and over for the next 5 years, while he's getting fatter and slower, just probably didn't seem like a smart thing to do.

Lewis was always smart and knew the perfect time to call it a day. When you're showing up at 260-270 or whatever, obviously you're not enjoying the training aspect of it any longer.

That was damn good podcast and LL wasn’t the intended guest for that episode, he was brought along with the guest because him and LL are best buddies.

Boxers think about retirement all the time.
You're just downplaying the fact that Vitali was kicking Lennox ass for the majority of the fight. The truth is that you don't know how 1997/1998 Lennox vs. 2003/2004 Vitali would look like.

Pretty unnecessary though... Lennox won fair and square, landed the best punch of the fight, and in hindsight Vitali turned out to be his most valuable victory.

In the last couple of rounds? It was Vitali who was grabbing. Lewis was beating him up on the inside.
Lewis still never came close to stopping Vitali.

It was a great fight though. It will be a long time before we see another heavyweight fight as close and as entertaining at that one.

Lewis still never came close to stopping Vitali.

It was a great fight though. It will be a long time before we see another heavyweight fight as close and as entertaining at that one.
He DID stop Vitali. He punched his face until it was full of holes and had to be stopped.
Vitali gave Lewis hell, no doubt but towards the end of the fight, Lewis was settling in and taking over.

Boxers think about retirement all the time.
Like Lewis was doing before the Vitali fight.

You're just downplaying the fact that Vitali was kicking Lennox ass for the majority of the fight. The truth is that you don't know how 1997/1998 Lennox vs. 2003/2004 Vitali would look like.
I never made any call about Lewis and Vitali fantasy fights. Just the one they actually had. It was close but there was nothing wrong with the way Lewis won it. Vitali fans don't get to call for a do over and not allow Lewis to retire.
Lewis wasn't very active, he pretty much always fought at least twice a year and had been out for a year when he signed to fight Kirk Johnson, who was a nobody. He was taking an easy fight and instead fought one of the best of that century on short notice.

Like Lewis was doing before the Vitali fight.

I never made any call about Lewis and Vitali fantasy fights. Just the one they actually had. It was close but there was nothing wrong with the way Lewis won it. Vitali fans don't get to call for a do over and not allow Lewis to retire.
Lewis wasn't very active, he pretty much always fought at least twice a year and had been out for a year when he signed to fight Kirk Johnson, who was a nobody. He was taking an easy fight and instead fought one of the best of that century on short notice.

And still kicked the fucking shit out of him......may i add

Lennox was taking over in that fight and Vitali was beggining to wilt - it was getting finished one way or the other.

One of the worst cases of fake outrage, Vitali looked like his eye was gonna fall out.

Had this continued there was a decent chance of permanent damage.

Back