Why Jon Jones shouldn't sign a new contract....yet

You mean to fight in Bodog? he wasn't champion he was still under contract.

He means in affliction. But once again, couture was still under the championship clause. Jones finished his championship clause 2 years ago when he beat rashad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dana is trying to pay Jones less than half of what Ronda gets paid.

No doubt you are correct. However, they can certainly drive that bid up considerably.

Actually they cant, he has the champion clause and would be put on the shelf for quite some time before he can even get a whiff of any outside bids

Actually they cant, he has the champion clause and would be put on the shelf for quite some time before he can even get a whiff of any outside bids

he's only 26. He can wait a bit if it puts him into guaranteed seven figure territory.

He means in affliction. But once again, couture was still under the championship clause. Jones finished his championship clause 2 years ago when he beat rashad.

I didn't know he actually tried to go to Affliction, I knew they tried to get him to fight Fedor and he kind of flirted with the idea but I thought he was more than happy to take the big money fight with Lesnar.

I didn't know he actually tried to go to Affliction, I knew they tried to get him to fight Fedor and he kind of flirted with the idea but I thought he was more than happy to take the big money fight with Lesnar.

The fedor fight wasnt all about money for randy. He believed he was the best in the world and wanted to fight the #1 HW. He was out for like a year and a half in legal battle with the ufc trying to shake free of his contract. He was too old to fight that fight.

The fedor fight wasnt all about money for randy. He believed he was the best in the world and wanted to fight the #1 HW. He was out for like a year and a half in legal battle with the ufc trying to shake free of his contract. He was too old to fight that fight.

okay. I must have just transposed the situations of the Bodog and Affliction Fedor/Randy potential fights in my head.

Bellator-MMA-Logo.png

Jones knows his worth and he knows how bad the UFC need Jones v Gus 2. A lot of people want to see him face DC. If I were him I'd milk everything I could from Dana. Who cares of Gus is impatient, Dana will pay Jones a loooooot of money.

And Jones cares too much about his legacy to sign to a company that doesn't have top level competition.

Back