Why jon jones and gsp ARE greater than anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to get into their competition level you should probably take note that both Jones and GSP fought more fighters that fight at lower weight divisions.

Jones: Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Sonnen (4)
Anderson: Carlos Newton, Marquardt, and Maia (3)
GSP: Sherk, BJ, Serra, Nick Diaz (4)

Nick Diaz really? He was fighting at MW for a few years before getting in the ufc, at WW.

Anderson fought tons of small WWs and lost to them in pride. Guys that could make LW.

GSP was too busy fighting rightful contenders with 8+ win streaks in his own weight class while Silva's division was so weak he had to fight Leites Cote and other journeymen and then move up to fight bums.
GSP was too busy fighting one dimensional fighters and natural LWs.

GSP could have easily taken a "MW showcase fight" instead of fighting one dimensional bums like Dan Hardy but he was too much of a pussy to move up one weight division during his prime.

GSP knew he would be made to tap to strikes again at MW.

Anderson did it all with sub pat wrestling

More impressive imo

GSP was too busy fighting one dimensional fighters and natural LWs.

GSP could have easily taken a "MW showcase fight" instead of fighting one dimensional bums like Dan Hardy but he was too much of a pussy to move up one weight division during his prime.

GSP knew he would be made to tap to strikes again at MW.

That one dimensionnal "bum" was on a huge win streak. GSP made him a bum by crushing his dream and exposing his ground game. Theres a difference beating someone whos on a roll (which is the story if GSP's career) than beating him coming off a crushing defeat (like Silva beating Griffin).

That one dimensionnal "bum" was on a huge win streak. GSP made him a bum by crushing his dream and exposing his ground game. Theres a difference beating someone whos on a roll (which is the story if GSP's career) than beating him coming off a crushing defeat (like Silva beating Griffin).
Huge win streak over bums. WW during GSPs reign is the most overrated division in MMA history. GSP has the most overrated resume in MMA history filled with one dimensional fighters and natural LWs.

GSP never moved up in weight during his prime for a reason. He knew he would be made to tap to strikes again.

Imo silva is the best and I'll tell you why. While all three are dominant, silva is the only one that was comically good. There were moments where it was just ridiculous like vs griffin and Vitor. When have Jon jones and GSP done so well that it's actually funny how little chance their opponent has.

Huge win streak over bums. WW during GSPs reign is the most overrated division in MMA history. GSP has the most overrated resume in MMA history filled with one dimensional fighters and natural LWs.

GSP never moved up in weight during his prime for a reason. He knew he would be made to tap to strikes again.
And Silva didn't fight one dimensional fighters in Maia, sonnen, litter? In your case, Silva lost twice to potentially 1 dimensional Weidman.

Ok...
If you're somehow more impressed by GSP beating Hardy than Anderson beating Forrest, I don't know where to start...

And this is not a comment on GSP overall; Hardy was one of the weakest challengers in history. Maybe the weakest.
GSP himself, is amazing, of course.

With all due respect to Anderson and Jones, please don't group GSP with those PED busts.

Don't put GSP on the GOAT Jones side, please. GSP = ant, Jones = GIANT. This is outrageous.

Anderson > Jones > 5 abysses > 5 piles of crap > GSP.

FatLastAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

So Jon Jones fighting mostly MWs and struggling/losing to LHWs means he’s still undefeated? I think JJ is the UFC GOAT but he did lose against Reyes. As for the talent in the division, in hindsight we will always say that they were bad when compared to today. That being said, both GSP and Silva are clear #2 or #3 in my book but not sure whose second and third.

GSP is the GOAT in the UFC.... period. Never failed a drug test, fought murders row of contenders. And avenged both of his loses in dominant fashion. Silva an all time great, loved watching him fight. But with the exception of like Franklin and Hendo he fought mostly subpar competition for championship fights. And Jones, pissed hot repeatedly... Is kind of a jackass, and has been struggling to beat inflated MW's of late. And the Reyes fight was way more competitive than anyone guessed because Jones has lost a step. USADA beat Jones...

Nick Diaz really? He was fighting at MW for a few years before getting in the ufc, at WW.

Anderson fought tons of small WWs and lost to them in pride. Guys that could make LW.
I was speaking of ranked victories on their resumes. Nobody cares about irrelevant fights against irrelevant fighters. Those fights have no bearing on any of their all-time status one way or the other.

Also I only listed the ranked fighters that fought at lower weight classes. Take note how I didn't mention BW fighter Ivan Menjivar on GSP's list, because Menjivar isn't relevant to GSP's legacy. The point of the exercise was to point out ranked fighters that were small enough to have fought at lower weight classes, regardless if they fought at higher weights. Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Sonnen have all fought at HW but I have them listed regardless because they were capable of fighting at MW, which makes them MW fighters.

I was speaking of ranked victories on their resumes. Nobody cares about irrelevant fights against irrelevant fighters. Those fights have no bearing on any of their all-time status one way or the other.

Also I only listed the ranked fighters that fought at lower weight classes. Take note how I didn't mention BW fighter Ivan Menjivar on GSP's list, because Menjivar isn't relevant to GSP's legacy. The point of the exercise was to point out ranked fighters that were small enough to have fought at lower weight classes, regardless if they fought at higher weights. Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Sonnen have all fought at HW but I have them listed regardless because they were capable of fighting at MW, which makes them MW fighters.

You are aware that Menjivar missed weight for that fight? I don't care if he made BW 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back