Why jon jones and gsp ARE greater than anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImLovinIt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anderson is no doubt an amazing fighter with amazing accomplishments. Taking competition aside, although imo, he had the weakest division and competition compared to jj and gsp.

What jj and gsp has a takeaway from anderson is that they never lost to low competition. Technically jj is undefeated. To be undefeated for as long as jj has been and the level of competition is specatcular. Gsp has never lost until he lost to the ww goat at the time matt hughes. The losses gsp has, he defended them all.

My point is, these 2 has always been at the top of their game since fighting and never lost to unranked fighters like anderson. On top of that, they have cleared out their divisions (like anderson). Isnt it hard as a novice fighter to fight your way to the top without losing while growing your skills ala jj and gsp?

They is all great fighters.

Out of the 3, who is the only one to not pop for illegal substances?

THAT is the true GOAT.

GSP and anderson are both above jones so far.
GSP never popped for anything, and anderson fought in the WC above his.
if jones hadn't popped, or if he goes up againt top contenders, he can catch them up. not so far.

honestly I hink popping should get you excluded from GOAT discussion, which bothers me a bit because I had anderson above GSP (and behind Fedor)
now anderson is below GSP because of that stupid failed test.

The thing is, what made Anderson so great was the entertaining factor, the way he won his fights, that "in the matrix" shit was amazing to watch, it'l like little boy's kung fu master fighter fantasy come to life lol.
Maybe (probably) jon jones is the better fighter, but i'm comfortably saying Anderson is GOAT because of the wow factor.

Serra is considered high competition?

GSP was too safe. Never showed the killer performances like Jones and Anderson did.

Anderson is the only one who moved up one weight division and fought (and dominated) 3X during his prime including a former LHW champ.

GSP was too scared to move up for "showcase fights" during his prime and so is Jones.

Anderson is 2nd GOAT behind Fedor.

Everyone says his division was weak but people always say that when there is a champ that is so dominant he's demolishing contenders. Fact is the champ makes the division look weak by smashing everyone so easily. You could make the case that GSP is not the GOAT because he couldn't finish anyone. Doesn't mean his competition was better, just means that he wasn't as far above them as Andy was.

If you want to get into their competition level you should probably take note that both Jones and GSP fought more fighters that fight at lower weight divisions.

Jones: Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Sonnen (4)
Anderson: Carlos Newton, Marquardt, and Maia (3)
GSP: Sherk, BJ, Serra, Nick Diaz (4)

Jones is above both

Anderson is above GSP. I don't believe the hype about WW being "the strongest division in history" and never will. It was a good division but I reject that premise for GSP getting extra credit

Silva is active.

GSP got out years ago after getting roughed up by 70% Hendricks.

Jones' personal shit is a clusterfuck that took a nice chunk out of his legacy.

Shrug.

Anderson is the only one who moved up one weight division and fought (and dominated) 3X during his prime including a former LHW champ.

GSP was too scared to move up for "showcase fights" during his prime and so is Jones.

GSP was too busy fighting rightful contenders with 8+ win streaks in his own weight class while Silva's division was so weak he had to fight Leites Cote and other journeymen and then move up to fight bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back