Why it’s embarrassing to call myself an MMA fan

Who cares what Smith says? Like, really? Does it bother people that much what he thinks? Cowboy got beat up. End of story. Smith is where he is because he says outlandish things sometimes and people tend to get all hot and bothered by it. Stop giving him so much attention.

The fight is over, can we please move on? Future fights for McGregor will tell if he really is back better than ever. He needed a fight to shake ring rust, maybe boost his confidence, and Cerrone was the biggest name fighter he could get that from. Conor won a fight he should have won, so lets look ahead to the future and see what happens.

his comments themself would have been ok in the right forum......roasting one of the fighters like he did during the production was really dumb, as someone that is part of the production and the promoting company....he should have a little more empathy towards how much blood sweat and tears the fighters put into it all....yeah people have bad ..even terrible performances ...that doesnt mean they should be publically dragged over the coals by someone who is in absolutely no position of authority over them

his comments were stupid....he was called out on them....hopefully he does better next time
Nah, it’s one thing to have a bad performance, it’s another to be known for always folding as soon as the going gets tough.

But what got me more was the bromance after the fight. Like, fuck off and save that shit for behind the scenes. You just went in there and did worse that I would have, and on top of it you’re laughing in your fans faces. What a joke, and what a way to shit on a legacy.

This week is a perfect example with the whole snowflake outrage over Steven A Smith’s comments, starting with Brogan.
First, I don’t have anything against Joe, I like his podcasts and aside from him being a heavy UFC shill, I mostly like and agree with the guy. But when he goes overboard, he really goes all the way. Much like his embarrassing and shameless “Ronda once ever” rant, he just went full caveman on this one.
Then you get all the snowflake fanboys and morons like Luke Thomas, who have this stupid mentality that no “outsider” has the right to make a comment about their precious mma fighters, I mean they’ve been beating off to cowboy Cerrone for years, how dare this newb offer his opinion? It’s so embarrassing man.
First, the guy was absolutely correct in his assessment. Whether he’s been following the sport since 1993, or whether he just tuned in for the first time at UFC 246, he called it as he seen it. Cerrone was an absolute embarrassment in that fight, as much for his actions before and afterwards as his in fight performance (or I should say lack of performance).
This doesn’t take away from the fact that “he got in there” all those times, and he has the records he does. But the fact remains that the guy is a big time choker and has a history of getting smashed and quitting against just about every top tier opponent he’s faced. Watching him all hugs and smiles with his assailant afterwards was even more of a slap in the face to all those who paid to see a fight. The guy should have been attempting seppoku at that moment, not laughing in the customers faces.
I love watching fights, I’m often appalled by the so called hardcore fans of this sport tho, and their elitist and moronic mentality. “Yo, Rogan could kick Steven A’s ass” is seriously one of the arguments to discredit a guys honest opinion, come on.

<{clintugh}>

I gotta admit I have had it with all these Rogan vs SAS threads but this one is solid. My viewpoint would be this...

-Stephen A Smith makes a good point about Cowboy's performance, but his stance on not seeing enough from Conor is clearly coming from a casual perspective.

-Rogan makes a good point about ESPN having a non MMA analyst comment in that position, ESPN viewers watching MMA deserve a better representative to voice that side of the argument.

-It makes no sense to have Rogan's view point countered whether it is right or wrong, by someone who is clearly not an authority. If you think about how long Rogan has been a part of the sport then it is totally a bush league move by ESPN.

-Rogan should have considered not airing any dirty laundry on his podcast at least not without having a heart to heart with the guy who was standing next to him that night. Also a bush league move by Rogan

-ESPN is making a huge mistake nonetheless. Hardcore veteran fans of MMA and the UFC see right through Smith and ESPNs attempt to appease the casual viewer

I gotta admit I have had it with all these Rogan vs SAS threads but this one is solid. My viewpoint would be this...

-Stephen A Smith makes a good point about Cowboy's performance, but his stance on not seeing enough from Conor is clearly coming from a casual perspective.

-Rogan makes a good point about ESPN having a non MMA analyst comment in that position, ESPN viewers watching MMA deserve a better representative to voice that side of the argument.

-It makes no sense to have Rogan's view point countered whether it is right or wrong, by someone who is clearly not an authority. If you think about how long Rogan has been a part of the sport then it is totally a bush league move by ESPN.

-Rogan should have considered not airing any dirty laundry on his podcast at least not without having a heart to heart with the guy who was standing next to him that night. Also a bush league move by Rogan

-ESPN is making a huge mistake nonetheless. Hardcore veteran fans of MMA and the UFC see right through Smith and ESPNs attempt to appease the casual viewer
The cucks who moderate this place just further confirmed my point by sweeping this thread under the rug. Some opinions are simply not allowed in the elitist mma circles.

<WellThere>

This week is a perfect example with the whole snowflake outrage over Steven A Smith’s comments, starting with Brogan.

First, I don’t have anything against Joe, I like his podcasts and aside from him being a heavy UFC shill, I mostly like and agree with the guy. But when he goes overboard, he really goes all the way. Much like his embarrassing and shameless “Ronda once ever” rant, he just went full caveman on this one.

Then you get all the snowflake fanboys and morons like Luke Thomas, who have this stupid mentality that no “outsider” has the right to make a comment about their precious mma fighters, I mean they’ve been beating off to cowboy Cerrone for years, how dare this newb offer his opinion? It’s so embarrassing man.

First, the guy was absolutely correct in his assessment. Whether he’s been following the sport since 1993, or whether he just tuned in for the first time at UFC 246, he called it as he seen it. Cerrone was an absolute embarrassment in that fight, as much for his actions before and afterwards as his in fight performance (or I should say lack of performance).

This doesn’t take away from the fact that “he got in there” all those times, and he has the records he does. But the fact remains that the guy is a big time choker and has a history of getting smashed and quitting against just about every top tier opponent he’s faced. Watching him all hugs and smiles with his assailant afterwards was even more of a slap in the face to all those who paid to see a fight. The guy should have been attempting seppoku at that moment, not laughing in the customers faces.

I love watching fights, I’m often appalled by the so called hardcore fans of this sport tho, and their elitist and moronic mentality. “Yo, Rogan could kick Steven A’s ass” is seriously one of the arguments to discredit a guys honest opinion, come on.

<{clintugh}>

Just own yourself. Forget whatever everyone else is doing. Mobs are always clowning over something.

Good avatar. He said his mama was an Apache, but I suspect he's lying. Either way, it ain't white boy day.

Just own yourself. Forget whatever everyone else is doing. Mobs are always clowning over something.

Good avatar. He said his mama was an Apache, but I suspect he's lying. Either way, it ain't white boy day.
200.gif

Back