why isnt vitor belfort praised more

lol at anyone online who isnt a pro trying to diss vitor vitor wasnt a methodical boxer like a kj noons or jorge mastuval but to deny that when he lets his hands go that bad things dont happen is just lying to yourself his resume in 2013 nobody will ever beat

dudes been fighting nonstop since 19 at the highest level and is 40s now he had a lot of mental problems much like chael i feel when he fought at the very top he was always afraid vs anderson and jon jones he would not let his hands go he just kept circling and blocking shots sadly he could have been the first to stop anderson and jones if he had the confidence

Being a pro fighter has nothing to do with your ability to analyse a fight. Otherwise we'd all be praising Roy Jones Jr. for his stellar commentary.

Being a pro fighter has nothing to do with your ability to analyse a fight. Otherwise we'd all be praising Roy Jones Jr. for his stellar commentary.
I think there’s a positive correlation. Obviously understanding the fight game is a prerequisite for good fight analysis and becoming a fighter is a great way to gain understanding.

I think there’s a positive correlation. Obviously understanding the fight game is a prerequisite for good fight analysis and becoming a fighter is a great way to gain understanding.

I'm not sure I agree. I think it's more gatekeeping made by fighters when people don't agree with their assessments.

In my experience professional fighters don't tend to understand the strategies their camps put into place for them, they just do them. You get exceptions like Cruz, Dillashaw and Cormier but if you've ever tried to listen to Jim Watt, Tony Bellew, Carl Froch, Roy Jones Jr. then you'll hear some baffling things.

I only say this from my experience because I am my gyms analyst. Obviously analysts can and have been wrong plenty of times - but I often think back to the amount of fighters saying that Anderson was going to school Chris Weidman and have a chuckle to myself.

I'd also throw in there that a lot of the time good coaches like Greg Jackson weren't fighters at all, or weren't successful. I don't think analysing and breaking down fights are skills that you NEED as a fighter, you only need to understand what is happening to you in that moment and remember how your coach told you to avert it.

I think the fighters that DO have both skillsets end up being all time greats, but they're few and far between.

Back