why isnt vitor belfort praised more

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
man his hands were amazing so explosive and fast yeah he was on trt but who wasnt back then? i think hes def top 3 best boxers in ufc was such a treat watching him fight

Let me answer your question with some other questions: what's so special about his boxing? What kind of setups or techniques did he have that are unique or serve as valuable learning points for other fighters?

Not true, the USADA was pretty well known weakness for Vitor.

Let me answer your question with some other questions: what's so special about his boxing? What kind of setups or techniques did he have that are unique or serve as valuable learning points for other fighters?

He had fast straight punches, he could blitz an opponent........... don't you train UFC!!! Bro!

On a serious note, he was very effective against opponents that only moved backwards as a defence..... Lol!

I feel like he is praised enough, he’s always spoken about as one of the legends when Joe Rogan speaks about him. I’m not sure how else to gauge praise? Lol.

vitor had a great 1-2. if he let it go

Maybe the UFC sucked when he started?

Anderson-Silva-Vitor.gif

tumblr_p8nbakiKMx1r7vh24o1_540.gif

Vitor's Boxing was not good fighters of the time that were bad

Good punching mechanics; questionable boxing skills.

Good punching mechanics; questionable boxing skills.

That's.a perfect summary. He could, with good form pump a 1'2 on repeat until his opponent died. He couldn't do anything else resembling boxing.

I recall him avoiding Machida for the longest time before his retirement fight - and a lot of fans saying he would have won 'in his prime' - as though the result would have been anything other than this:

giphy.gif

lol at anyone online who isnt a pro trying to diss vitor vitor wasnt a methodical boxer like a kj noons or jorge mastuval but to deny that when he lets his hands go that bad things dont happen is just lying to yourself his resume in 2013 nobody will ever beat

dudes been fighting nonstop since 19 at the highest level and is 40s now he had a lot of mental problems much like chael i feel when he fought at the very top he was always afraid vs anderson and jon jones he would not let his hands go he just kept circling and blocking shots sadly he could have been the first to stop anderson and jones if he had the confidence

not true im pretty sure he knocked out rich franklin with a lead hook

We love Vitor , he just doesn't deliver emphatic knockout wins anymore just emphatic knockout losses so its a little depressing to mention him sometimes

Shogun 2005: Kanehara, Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem, Arona.
luke rockhold himself are much better than those guys were in there prime also shogun did not dominate them like vitor did im a shogun fan also but no shogun wants none of vitor

We love Vitor , he just doesn't deliver emphatic knockout wins anymore just emphatic knockout losses so its a little depressing to mention him sometimes
well of course dudes old used roids very young n his life. tbh u cant go by him n his last few years when he looked so flabby and small vs everyone else when your 40s and been fighting in ufc since 19 your gonna have a broken body eventually.

vitor was just so inconsistent as i said he like chael a lot of it was mental he would go on complete tears then lose a few where he just could not pull the trigger much like rampage after losing to rashad

man his hands were amazing so explosive and fast yeah he was on trt but who wasnt back then? i think hes def top 3 best boxers in ufc was such a treat watching him fight
his career was a misunderstanding, since the beginning... He thought he was meant for boxing, not MMA...
That explains his clash with Carlson...

Good question, when he knocked out wanderlai silva shit was nice.

not only carlson but my coach relson too in 1996 right before his ufc debut as he was a purple belt he use to punch holes in relsons walls after hanging up phone on his gf arguing with her and my friend use to have to come patch them back up thats how he paid for lessons lol carlson told relson a crazy story about vitor and why he wont even b around him anymore

Back