Why isnt there a flood of condit vs lawlor threads after it was booked for november!!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KillerIsBack V2, Aug 7, 2015.

1. KillerIsBack V2

KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

Seriously two of the great saints of the just bleed gods, and possible doubt that he deserves it for the injury lay off and who he beat comming back.
    Anything?!!?
    It's been 3 days
    Here is the easily googl-able source before someone asks...:
    http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-193-Lawler-vs-Condit-42239

2. jko1355

jko1355 Purple Belt

It is a good matchup that Condit can win... but if he wins he will lose the belt... it is kind of a screw you fight in my opinion. I guess people will be excited with Condit as champ... It is a dream matchup no doubt... but it makes ZERO sense... this guy is nowhere near a title shot...

3. ChaelSonn

ChaelSonn Blue Belt

Nowhere near a title shot ? You do realise it's in November seems Condit is pretty close to one in reality.

4. jko1355

jko1355 Purple Belt

dude... reading comprehension is your friend... I know the fight is happening but in a normal world Condit is nowhere near a title shot... he should barely be top ten... people hold ranks in this sport for way too long.. Carlos is literally one of my favorite fighters but he has done nothing great in 3 years... beat a shot Martin who retired and beat Alves who was actually doing well before the amazing elbows but hasn't been top ten in... idk 6 years?

He got WRECKED by woodley before the injury... people like to act like that whole fight was marred by an injury but he was getting stomped before the injury..

it is so undeserved it is ridiculous... if it wasn't such a cool matchup he would be fighting idk matt brown.

5. TeamTanner

TeamTanner Red Belt

Carlos Condit vs. Tom Lawlor ? OH SHIT

It will be interesting to see Condit up at 185 lbs but I really had thought The Filthy One was going to stay at 205 after his win over Villante!

6. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Steel Belt

There was a lot of talk about it back when it was basically confirmed but not yet official. It's an awesome fight though, I can't think of a fight that I am more excited to see right now. Condit/Lawler sounds better than Aldo/Conor to me

7. Upchuck22

Upchuck22 Account bet w/ BC 206 on Lesnar vs Hunt Double Yellow Card

Alot of are people only on Sherdog for Ronda and Conor.Probably don't even know who Robbie and Carlos are.

8. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

Because I think both are journeyman fighters.

I can vividly still remember Lawler getting owned in Strikeforce, not just once but looking pretty medicore. And Condit too. Condit was getting ragdolled against Hendricks and running for his life against Nick Diaz too.

I think GSP beats them both if he ever comes back.

9. Spiro T Cheney

Spiro T Cheney Yellow Belt

Yeah, spelling slips on the interwebs can be cruel.

Maybe Condit doesn't deserve it - I agree. But it should be a darn more entertaining fight than Lawler and Hendricks lining up against each other. I think Carlos is a bad match-up for Robbie, he has a good chance of beating him. Unfortunately I think steady boring Hendricks beats either one of them.

10. JustOnce

JustOnce Always learning

I mean, they are very good and at a very high level at the moment, but they aren't exactly special fighters.

11. kenCs

kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

[​IMG]

12. sterdog

sterdog Orange Belt

Both guys fight in the premier organization of their sport. One is a champ and the other has a very impressive record loaded with finishes. But they

13. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Season Mode.

[​IMG]

The gods have given us a gift. Revel in it.

14. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

I'd rather watch this fight than any Ronda or MM bout that's for sure. Semi-interested in the McGregor/Aldo bout but this bout is right up there for me.

And it pisses me off that these legit bouts don't get the attention that the crap freak-show bouts get.

15. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

This is pretty much what I came here to say.

Even if Condit pulls it off against Lawler, then what?

Hendricks beats him again, easily, and there are probably another 3 or 4 guys who handle him as well.

16. ChaelSonn

ChaelSonn Blue Belt

I know Condit isn't deserving I was just messing around . It's the same situation as the Rumble v DC amd DC v Gus fights all make no sense . Idk how the ufc can seriously think that someone coming off a loss or on a 1 fight win streak deserves the Chance .

17. TeamTanner

TeamTanner Red Belt

Couldn't disagree more about GSP beating Lawler.

Lawler's anti-wrestling game is more than good enough now to prevent GSP from holding him down or maybe even getting him down and he would seriously hurt GSP standing. The ignorant will laugh at that statement but GSP was already in obvious physical decline post-surgery and now he'd be rusty as fuck as well all the while the other top guys have been active and steadily improving.

I'd pick Rory, Hendricks and Lawler with confidence over GSP at this point and I'd hesitate to pick him over certain other guys as well. If GSP thought he could be champ right now that's exactly what he'd be doing. The UFC will give him an immediate title shot anytime he wants, and what is he doing? Just letting time pass which only decreases his likelihood of success every day that goes by at this point.

18. SchlomoS

SchlomoS Purple Belt

there's more salt in your post than the ocean

Condit was not wrecked by Woodley. Woodley landed some shots and then condit hurt his knee.

In a 5 round fight Condit can beat anyone in the division. and lets not pretend like Condit isn't ranked in the top 5. Idk what metric you're using when you say he was nowhere close, he is about as close as you can get.

19. kammfreudenstei

kammfreudenstei Brown Belt

ftfy