Opinion Why isn't there a class in highschool or middle school for handling money?

I actually had a middle school teacher teach us how to manage a check book, it was very helpful.

I mean I believe that used to be “home ec” right?

.....Home economy?

I didn’t have that class at my school.

Very very very good advice from Revulva. This is why Revulva can eat out at Chilis once a month folks. Listen to the master.
Is this considered splurging for Pomona standards, Gaylord? lmao.

Never been there but you seem to know a lot about shit tier restaurants.

The US public education system is SHITE.

The entire curriculum should be remade...obviously.

Civics should be a class.

Nutrition and exercise should be a class.

Anyway.

Fuck our public daycare system.

I mean I believe that used to be “home ec” right?

.....Home economy?

I didn’t have that class at my school.

I took home ec in HS.... For the ladies of course.
We did balancing checkbooks.

To touch on TS idea.I believe a course should be required before you're able to get your first credit card.

Is this considered splurging for Pomona standards, Gaylord? lmao.

Never been there but you seem to know a lot about shit tier restaurants.
Wow you've never heard of Chilis? How far into Mexico do you live again?

It isn't math. First of all, investing is the science of making money from money. We aren't taught that. Cash flows. Passive income. Risk management.

Basic math skills?

Now, having a class on how to like properly do taxes and shit I could see.
there are a lot of people who don't even understand the concept of interest. and they vote democrat

Ive considered designing such a course.

It's called math. In your state, I believe it's been replaced by creationism.

Did advanced maths and was terrible with money till late twenties.

Banks make great money giving people credit and have highly developed marketing to make people think they are making smart choices.

Its not by chance a huge portion of the population falls into the trap.

The US public education system is SHITE.

The entire curriculum should be remade...obviously.

Civics should be a class.

Nutrition and exercise should be a class.

Anyway.

Fuck our public daycare system.
civics and nutrition and exercise are classes though.

You sound poor.

Where in my post did I say I've never heard of it? Reading comprehension anyone. lmao
Where in my post did I say I knew a lot about shit tier restaurants when I never said any details about said restaurant? Starting to suspect your lack of education now. This is getting deeper.

Isn't that what parents are for?

I've managed my money to buy cards and gifts and such since I was 3 or 4. Had a (joint) bank account at 6 or 7. Understood sales tax, how credit cards work/don't, interest, and checking for as long as long as I can remember. A little parenting goes a long way.

In our district, we offer what's called Financial Algebra. To be blunt though, I don't think anybody who takes that kind of class is going to get much out of it.

The math you need to balance a check book, calculate interest, or file a basic tax return is already covered by the curriculum most students have to take anyway.

It's just reading directions, adding, subtracting, and a bit of using exponents. If somebody can't manage that on his own, I think that's due to being intellectually lazy more so than anything else.

The United States of America would need to take this class. Everything is being run on debt.

First world nation with third world education system.

There is, at least here in Canada. It was called CALM or Career and Life Management and passing it is one of the of the requirements in order to get your GED/diploma.

Back