Why isn't the winner of the #2 vs #3 WW getting a title shot?

deluxeh0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
But the winner of lawler and brown will get the title shot? Ufc really needs to stop using rankings.

They really shouldn't be used on the broadcast if they arent followed in any way.

I'm gonna guess if Tyron wins in a good fashion, he will get the title shot.

If Tyron is boring and Robbie wins big, Robbie gets the shot.

I can see UFC giving Brown the shot if he wins in exciting fashion(how else would he win?), and if Tyron win isn't great.

But I think Rory is going to fight someone else no matter what happens.

Last edited:
But the winner of lawler and brown will get the title shot? Ufc really needs to stop using rankings.

You really wanna see
Hendricks
Vs rory or woodley
More than
Vs brown or lawler

Really?

First promo for the Rory/Tyrone fight they advertised as a shot for the title right ??

You really wanna see
Hendricks
Vs rory or woodley
More than
Vs brown or lawler

Really?

Yep, I just saw Robbie, it was a fun fight but there was a clear winner (although close) winner, and Hendricks and a torn bicep. I'd rather watch Lombard or T-Wood in that order. No shortage of quality challengers in the division so I don't want to see a rematch just because it was fun.

Because rankings don't matter

I can see UFC giving Brown the shot if he wins in exciting fashion(how else would he win?), and if Tyron win isn't great.

applause.gif

Dana's words are never absolute. Who gives a damn what he says until the fight is signed.

#2 - #3 aint #1, and lawler is!

Canadians buy a high percentage of PPV's. They probably should give Rory the title shot if he destroys Tyron.

Most impressive performance out of Shogun and Machida gets a Jones rematch.

Should be any day now..........

I want to see Lombard get a shot.

Canadians buy a high percentage of PPV's. They probably should give Rory the title shot if he destroys Tyron.

It wouldn't bother me if he got a shot.

I think dana said as much. Looks like rory will have to win min. 2 straight to get the next shot after Lawler... not brown imo.

Matt Brown is number 2 dummy

i don't care what the rankings say

not brown imo.

What do mean by this? I'm unsure.

When I started typing that post, I was going to say Brown needed 2 wins, but I think he's hot, fans are interested and he will have pretty nice streak. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC rushes him, mostly if he KO's Robbie in exciting fashion.

They really shouldn't be used on the broadcast if they arent followed in any way.

The rankings are the consensus opinion of various reporters. They are useful to newer fans in that they help delineate relative fighting ability. Nothing more and nothing less.

What do mean by this? I'm unsure.

When I started typing that post, I was going to say Brown needed 2 wins, but I think he's hot, fans are interested and he will have pretty nice streak. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC rushes him, mostly if he KO's Robbie in exciting fashion.

Brown? Title shot? Hell no.

Wait. What is that you say? He KOed Lawler? ROBBIE Lawler? Well, shit. Title shot.

Back